Wed, Sep 18, 5:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 5:26 pm)

Subject: Just playing around - atmosphere

tbird10 ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 2:44 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 5:29 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_29769.jpg

It's all gone fuzzy - I think I overdid the soft edges, I've just started playing around with the new atmosphere settings :-)

Took a while to render though :-(

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 2:55 PM

I like this, I just got Nerd's tutorial on this and will try some tonight...Sharen PS: thank you Nerd for your time to do this....:-)

MadYuri ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 2:55 PM

Did you try the 'Depth of Field' effect? I have some problems with this too, it is way to flaky. ;P

Lapis ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 3:41 PM

Actually I like it. Has kind of an "electron dance" thing happening there. Rather shamanistic.

tbird10 ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 4:11 PM

Yep, I applied a texture to the depth of field channel to see what would happen - it's quite a good effect - I need to do some experimentation to get the effect I was after though. Poser5 is beginning to show some real promise (IMHO of course)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 4:41 PM

Doing this as a deliberate controlled effect will be wonderful: mirages, magic (someone just summoned?), rippled air off a hot car engine, a steamy shower with someone shaving her legs.... oodles of possibilities. Play with it! Carolly

Lapis ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 4:44 PM

Did someone say "shaving her legs". Where..where..I can't see..it's too steamy in here.

gryffnn ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 5:19 PM

I like it too - gave me an idea for an image I've been thinking about. Thanks for posting.

doldridg ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 6:22 PM

Don't confuse the depth cue in the atmosphere with the depth of field in the render options. The first is quite flexible and can be used with all kinds of textures to give a nice variety of effects, once you get the hang of setting the values for start and end and applying textures to it.... The depth of field is a camera setting really. And the image at the beginning of this thread looks like it was turned on. The trick is getting the right value for the focal distance so that the part of the image you want in focus is in focus and the rest blurs. You can reduce the blurring effect by increasing the F-stop number (and increase it by reducing the F-stop number). This is exactly what happens with real cameras. The lower the F-stop number, the wider the lens and the narrower the range that objects are in focus. And the way to get rid of that graininess is to increase the "pixels samples" setting in the render options. This will, of course, increase the render time as almost any quality-enhancing move does. :-P

queri ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 9:00 PM

I think that's a gorgeous render. Do one without the fuzz and float this on top as a screen. Emily

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 11:43 PM

Looks almost like when you look in the mirror and it's foggy from the steam. Marque

tbird10 ( ) posted Fri, 01 November 2002 at 4:02 AM

I didn't use the depth of field in the render options, this was a texture applied to the depth field in the atmosphere material - this was a first stab, but isn't far off the effect I wanted. Stu

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.