Wed, Oct 9, 10:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 8:07 am)

Subject: CL, I've pulled my hair out

soccer coach ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2002 at 5:05 AM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 3:43 PM

file_32896.jpg

I am finished with Poser 5. I created a simple hair mesh. I have parented the mesh to everything from the body to the eyeballs, but when ever I go to clothify the mesh, poser seems to rip the mesh apart at the seams.

CL: Lets quit worring about what kind of machine every one is running and start writing some porper code.

Yes, I have downloaded and installed, and reinstalled the latest and greatest beta fix.

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2002 at 5:13 AM

Does the hair model intersect with the model at any point before you clothify it?

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

wgreenlee1 ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2002 at 5:57 AM

file_32898.jpg

Actually ...thats a pretty cool "doo" you have going there.:P

LordNakagawa ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2002 at 6:22 AM

As bad as P5 is I do not think this is bug but a result of the overly complex hair system. It looks like the hair is made of two peices when you clothify it the hair splits apart. Two solution will be to 1) set teh whole object at "decorated soft" or constrained 2) clothify only the sides and keep the seam area set at normal or at "decorated soft" or "constrained" this is the best option and teh most realistic I think. PS Like the 'do. Kinda like an inverse mohawk befitting an alien.

Valandar ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2002 at 10:06 AM

It's because the vertices are split at the seams. Take the obj into UVMapper, weld the vertices, and bring it back in. This is not a coding issue. Period.

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

saxon ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2002 at 10:26 AM

Hair isn't cloth. It's a neat work around and Valandar, thanks for the tip, but I find Poser hair works pretty well for me....

zechs ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2002 at 2:30 PM

It's pretty annoying when people bitch about things that are hacks to begin with, not working perfectly the first time they try. 3d isn't easy. get used to it.

bloodsong ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2002 at 4:02 PM

heyas; mine did that all the time too, until i got straightened out. this is how you do it: 1: import your cloth-hair prop. don't parent it to anything, or you'll be messed up. 2: clothify it as normal. make sure you create a constrained group at the roots, where you want it stuck on the scalp. 3: NOW parent the cloth-hair to the head. then the vertices will stick to it. remember: constrain first, parent after.

zechs ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2002 at 8:52 PM

I'm guessing It would also be good for trying to do a more cartoony representation of hair like lets say a Dragon ball Z anime style. :)

soccer coach ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 9:00 AM

Thanks for all your help and constructive suggestions.
I was working on this item at 4 AM and was not thinking at all.
Thanks zechs, your comment is inspiring. I've been hacking since Poser1.

zechs ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 9:51 AM

Hax0r 0n :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.