Sun, Sep 22, 6:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Creating Morph Targets with MAYA problem!!!

stelhar_1999 ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 6:56 AM ยท edited Sat, 24 August 2024 at 3:08 PM

Has anyone tried this? I have a short dress in Poser and I wanna make a morph to change the length of it at will, I followed the instructions given in the manual but the problem is (I think in MAYA). When I try the dial in Poser I ruins the mesh, a lot!!!! I thought that it was the option in MAYA for the polygon tool "Keep Faces together" It wasn't, I tried both ways and the same result occured!!! (I didn't add or reduced the number of vertices, I just relocated them in a logical way!) Any advise? (the same post was created in maya forum too!)

ScottA ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 10:45 AM

1.)Export the dress in .3ds format from Poser. 2.)make your Morphs in Maya 3.)export the morphs as .obj files 4.)apply morphs to dress (the original .obj figure) in Poser For some reason. Maya&Cinema4D mess up the vertice orders for .obj files when you open them. Opening them as .3ds files gets around that problem. ScottA

stelhar_1999 ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 3:32 PM

Ok thanks I'll try this!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.