Thu, Sep 19, 6:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Poser 5 SR 2.1 Updater Available Now

kupa ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2002 at 6:25 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 1:04 PM

Attached Link: http://www.curiouslabs.com/go/updates-p5

Service Release 2.1 (SR 2.1) for Poser 5 is currently available for free download via the Curious Labs website. SR-2.1 addresses bugs and stability issues in both Poser 5 and the SR-1 updated version of Poser 5. If you are currently using a version number of Poser 5 that is lower than 5.0.2.268 you should use this updater. This number can be found in the About Poser 5 pull-down menu.

In addition to fixes listed in the Read Me text file for this updater, SR-2.1 bypasses the current security measures found in Poser 5 resulting in improved reliability and efficiency. Software piracy is a huge concern for Curious Labs and we remain committed to protecting our products in the future so long as this protection does not adversely impact usability of our products. To circumvent the current copy protection, simply install Service Release 2.1 and apply it to any version of Poser 5 prior to 5.0.2.268.

We are confident that this latest patch will provide enhanced stability and functionality to Poser 5. Our improvement efforts are ongoing and we will continue to provide the support and updates as the need arises.

Note
If you have not previously applied the Figures Updater or the SR1 Full updater you will need to download and install the figures updater before applying SR-2.1

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2002 at 6:31 PM

Aready ran it! Thanks so much for doing this, you have jumped up the ladder of my respect. Marque

Sue88 ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2002 at 6:40 PM

Thank you! :)

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2002 at 6:43 PM

file_34833.jpg

With default lighting. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2002 at 6:43 PM

I think I know how to get rid of the flaming nostrils...fill them with hair!!! Marque

quixote ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2002 at 8:52 PM

Thanks CL. Grab some family time. Have fun. Q FREE WINONA**

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

WiNC ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2002 at 10:47 PM

Kupa, "SR-2.1 bypasses the current security measures found in Poser 5 resulting in improved reliability and efficiency." Is Curious thinking of changing from Interlok to another system for later patches, or have you guys totally scramped the Call Home idea? I know many people might "hate me" for suggesting this - but you might want to concider having serial checks on your download page for your service release packages. At least this will limit the amount of warez people getting access to the updates. This has worked well for Rhino 3d and Vue 4 helping "limit" the amount of people downloading updates for use on illegal versions. I am not sorry to see Interlok go (you know my vocal outcry about it to begin with) but I woul certainly not like to see the removal of the Interlok system make your companies software a clear and easy target for warez distrubtion. Regards and Best WiNC

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2002 at 1:39 AM

That sounds fine WiNG, but would muck up people like me, who just cannot get to download the large files on a dodgy dialup in a bad reception area. I get a friend to dl for me on broadband, and then post to me on snail mail. Its quicker than cl who seem to employ very very slow snails, if delivery of the actual product is anything to go by.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

joenorris ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2002 at 2:15 AM

SR2 and the figure updater together make 54 meg. For those of us with dialup, that is NOT "available"!!! I paid for a box that claimed to contain a workable program. If the SR addition will make it that, fine, but why should I have to hassle that much with getting what should have been in the box when I paid for it? If CL wants to make good on the original sale, they can mail me a CD -- on their nickel. Have I a bad attitude? You betcha -- it came in the same box!

poserpro ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2002 at 7:49 AM

Thanks, Kupa. :)

Jcleaver ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2002 at 8:02 AM

joenorris, CL has stated that they will mail out a CD to you if you request it.

Questor ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2002 at 9:54 AM

I know many people might "hate me" for suggesting this - but you might want to concider having serial checks on your download page for your service release packages. At least this will limit the amount of warez people getting access to the updates. This has worked well for Rhino 3d and Vue 4 helping "limit" the amount of people downloading updates for use on illegal versions, Not hating you at all because it's a perfectly reasonable suggestion but you're operating under the misapprehension that it makes a difference. It doesn't. Only in the short term and for casual use. All the updates for all software, serial checked, member checked, paid or otherwise are available if you know where and how to look, and let's face it there's no secret about where and how. :( It would prevent immediate distribution but it won't prevent it longer than a few days unfortunately.

Norbert ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2002 at 3:03 AM

"bypasses the current security measures found in Poser 5 resulting in improved reliability and efficiency" Finally!! A company that ditches PACE, after they realize it's nothing but crap that ruins any software it touches. Bravo, CL! Bravo, Cupa!

WiNC ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2002 at 4:19 PM

Questor, Well you are correct - however from what a friend of mine has said SR2.1 is back to using just the Serial Number for adding... so with "serial checks" (like they did with Pro Pack Updates) and then a protection against general downloading it might limit some of it. After all, can you find on the warez scene SR3 for Rhino 3? or for that matter the latest Vue 4 update (okay that was released last month - but it took a while). The point of security isn't to stop it (becuase you and I both know you can't) but all a company can do is provent it enough that it causes warez people headaches. IE - getting a new Serial number a new update is released - etc. In regards to dialup... if done correctly there shouldn't be a problem with dailups downloading protected downloads. In fact most programs like getright allow you to include the password and username which will help get the software incase of download stops. I know it isn't a great idea - but I don't really want to see Poser go down the tubes, and am more then willing to suffer copy protection where it isn't going to cause problems to the end-user. But it has to be copy protection that will at least help the software and not hinder it like PACE's system is like (which sucks to put it bluntly). Anyway - hope SR2.1 is working for all you - my friend says Poser 5 is now worth the money he paided for it... Regards WiNC

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.