Sat, Sep 21, 10:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:29 pm)

Subject: A Product Request....can you make this?

MaterialForge ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 2:27 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:22 PM

Not sure if I should post this in the Product Showcase forum, (sorry Lyrra if I should...) but I'd like to see someone make the following: An Alien Jungle environment for Poser. (I need it for my second movie project starting in June) Trees, vines, roots, plants, grounds, etc. Everything you would find in a jungle. However it wouldn't be quite like our Earth jungles. So you could have some leeway with the look and feel. Anyone up for it?

atom123 ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 5:35 PM

i see the word "aliens", so naturally the atom jumps. never done one of those "prop" sets, but alien plant life is right up my alley. i could hook up a plethora of alien trees and plant props if youd like...

Blackhearted ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 6:34 PM

lol atom.. let me know if you need some help texturing the thing, rio and i would be glad to help. hey silver - hows it goin' man? dont know if i told you since dragon*con, but your album rocks. we were listening to it on the drive from atlanta -> richmond. some pretty awesome stuff... had no idea we were in the company of a rock star... the skinhead thing is quite the disguise :) cheers, -gabriel

Velen ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 7:53 PM

I can do the modeling Silver. need to know your system limits as far as polly counts are cconcened so i can play put take as needed for the look you want. also need a bit more input as far as jungle type. large trees afracan style (Ie Tarzan look) or a more large fern type growth underbrush and so one or amazon rain forest. the later would be farmore polly intencive. let me know laters vel

Velen ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 7:58 PM

ooops hit post button by mistook :/ the type of forest is for veg catagory not plant shape sence you want alien grin. Atom would love to colaerate with you on this 2 of us could make it go faster for silver :) This should be a ball :) Laters again. Vel

MaterialForge ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 9:53 PM

Atom, that would be cool, plant life would indeed be needed! Velen - I was initially looking for more a rainforest type, although you're right - poly count would be hell. So I may have to really think hard about that. I'm not attached to any one particular look or style yet, as long as it "fits", you know? And this is going to be animated, for several jungle combat scenes. Think Predator with two entire armies, not to mention dropships and ground vehicles. Sheesh, time to buy the (render) farm. LOL Gabe - thanks man! Wait 'til you hear the new stuff; my old band got back together after a four-year hiatus, and we finished off the album we started four years ago. It's not even mixed yet, but we do have a sneak preview - I'll send ya the link. (and dammit, I'm growing my hair back!) ;) Thanks gang, would love to see what you come up with. And it would be something you could sell in the MP; I can't even talk budget right now, I'm still finishing the first movie....not to mention my wife would kill me! :) But - I'd definitely make it worth your while if the three of you want to collaborate on it! --silver

MaterialForge ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 9:55 PM

Atom, that would be cool, plant life would indeed be needed! Velen - I was initially looking for more a rainforest type, although you're right - poly count would be hell. So I may have to really think hard about that. I'm not attached to any one particular look or style yet, as long as it "fits", you know? And this is going to be animated, for several jungle combat scenes. Think Predator with two entire armies, not to mention dropships and ground vehicles. Sheesh, time to buy the (render) farm. LOL Gabe - thanks man! Wait 'til you hear the new stuff; my old band got back together after a four-year hiatus, and we finished off the album we started four years ago. It's not even mixed yet, but we do have a sneak preview - I'll send ya the link. (and dammit, I'm growing my hair back!) ;) Thanks gang, would love to see what you come up with. And it would be something you could sell in the MP; I can't even talk budget right now, I'm still finishing the first movie....not to mention my wife would kill me! :) But - I'd definitely make it worth your while if the three of you want to collaborate on it! --silver

Jaqui ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 12:07 AM

I got a few ideas bouncing around as well. might even be able to set up a fairly low poly rainforest environment. ~grin~ since my comp is ancient, it can't really handle high poly scenes..... yet I still make a rope model by lofting 1000 + curves. silver, cut your system specs by 75% and you are still doing better than mine. think....small...very very small.

Velen ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 12:13 AM

ok :) well let Atom and i work on that polly wise. I know you have p5 so that will help some as prociedual textureing is less mem in tensive than standard texturs. Also with proper useage of hires model forground and flipboard backgrounds we can make the Rainforest work with out much problem :) I have modeled and set up sceens for animation to be combined with green and blue scream set ups :) this is going to be fun big time :) the four of us need to get together for a chat so we are on the same page, my time zone is PST or california time im available for a chat room most evenings after 5:30 PM :) how bout you guys ? I have the capabiluty to create animated foleage sceens to be loaded as animated textures for flipboards to get the clouds plants and so on moving with wind can do rain and snow as well so just throwing this info into the pot :) food for thought here. Atom this includes adding the stuff you come up with to animate it in the same ways. this will put the backgrounds in motion for the final products and leave the manipulation of the forground only to poser should help in the render time needed. Laters Vel :)

atom123 ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 2:21 AM

file_35969.jpg

i whipped this up cuz i got a lil excited. some leaf-type detail, stamen, some abstract petals. you did say alien right? lol, im so down.....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.