Mon, Oct 21, 11:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: Help!!

Darth_Wookie ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 8:42 PM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 9:49 PM

file_36299.jpg

Ok this problem is bugging me and its been occuring in many models. For starters, I am using 3ds max 4, and poser 5. When I import a 3d the model parts all separate, I did group them in max, i tried all of that, and the pieces of the model still separate. What do I do?? Any help is appreciated on this one!

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 9:43 PM

Darth Wookie, I'm not familiar with the 3ds max Application but from what I hear an obj export plug in shouldn't be too hard to find -once in obj You might be able to use something like Grouper or UVmapper if you're still having problems. You might also post this question in the 3DS MAX forum. - TJ

JFStan ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 9:57 PM

This happens when pivot points are moved. Resetting the pivot on all your objects before you export the model can fix the problem, but here's a more reliable way (in MAX 3, but the procedure should be similar): Select one of your objects that is currently an editable mesh. Then click the "Attach" button, and select all the other objects (one at a time) you wish to export as a single model. If these objects have different materials assigned (materials should be assigned first, BTW) it will prompt you as to how you want to handle it. Select "Match Material IDs to Material" and your individual materials will remain intact. Unclick the Attach button and export the new, single mesh. This is how I export every MAX model, and I have yet to have a problem with it. Hope this helps! Nice Helmet BTW.. -=JFStan=-

raven ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 3:37 PM

Attached Link: http://www.habware.at/duck4.htm

Free obj exporter/importer for Max 4. Change the 4 to a 3 in the address for free Max 3 plugins.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.