Tue, Oct 22, 12:51 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: Victoria 3 & Poser 5 -- Any problems???

milamber42 ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 4:32 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:49 PM

I have a PIII 500 processor with 640MB of memory. I was able to load all of the body morphs for V3 in about 7 minutes with P4 Pro Pack. Tbe body morphs have been loading under P5 for over 11 minutes now. Any one else having a similar problem?

hankim ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 5:56 AM

I loaded them in P4, and also made the bum files for the textures there, and then saved the "loaded" character as a separate character. It does take a long time to load, though. PIV processor, 256k ram

PheonixRising ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 6:01 AM

Kiera got it to work okay

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

hankim ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 6:15 AM

Yes, after the initial load time, I am not having any difficulties whatsoever.

crusher0000 ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 7:50 AM

I hope DAZ will release DAZ-Studio or whatever it will be called as soon as possible.
Posing Victoria V3 is a pain in the ass in Poser 5 or Poser 4 or Poser Pro Pack.
I tried her on all three Progs and without a hardware accelerated GUI like OpenGl or Direct3D there is no fun on doing animations with such a high resolution model.
I cannot imagine that someone will be able to do any good animation with V3 because of her high polycount.

I think that Victoria V3 is way to detailed for Poser and this will be a good starting point for the application DAZ will release in the very near future (I hope).

Happy Christmas

Ron

System Spec
Dell Inspiron 8200
1.6 Ghz P4 Mobile
768 Mb DDR 266
Geforce 440 Go

aleks ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 8:09 AM

p5 got sick during "all body morphs injection" (do i wonder?). i had to kill it. p4 ppp works fine.

MaterialForge ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 8:53 AM

"I cannot imagine that someone will be able to do any good animation with V3 because of her high polycount." Might have to challenge ya there, Ron... ;) Gimme a month or two to get her and crank out the render...

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 9:44 AM

I've had to kill loading partial body morphs three times now in P5. 1.1 ghz machine with over 700 meg of memory. No textures. I'm going to try it in P4, save the figure, and open in P5. If it doesn't work, then V3 is pretty useless to me. 7 minutes just to load all the body morphs???!!!! Not acceptable. Uh. Make that 4 times. She's locked again.

EvoShandor ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 9:47 AM

right on silver, I'm with ya, my new system will be built shortly after the new year, so render time's will decrease significantly (woohoo!) I can't wait What does the high poly count have to do with pre-rendered animations? (other than longer render times of course) evo

milamber42 ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 9:50 AM

Thanks for the replies. I let P5 set while I crashed, and it was still locked when I got up (6 hrs later). Nice to see that at least one other person is having a similar problem though. Now I just need to figure out what the problem is.

CrystalDragon ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 10:04 AM

I had a similar problem when I first installed V3. Make sure you installed it to the base runtime folder, and not one of the alternates (like download, or whatever). I first installed it to downloads. When loading V3, it crashes P5. After I installed it to the base runtime, it only took 5 min. to inject all of the body morphs. Hope this helps... ~DM

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 10:14 AM

I loaded V3 in P4, added all the morphs, head and body (total of about 8 minutes), and saved the figure. Then I opened P5 and loaded the new V3. It took 2 minutes to load, but she's there now. Now that I can work with her, she's pretty darn neat. Tons of new morphs. Now to start playing.

crusher0000 ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 10:33 AM

@silver & EvoShandor:

Im not talking about the time V3 takes for doing any Renders. Im talking about animating a figure with 72712 verts and 143444 faces ( without clothes & hairs & textures) in an GUI without any hardware acceleration.
I tried to apply some simple walkposes from WD to V3 and the animation looks very jerky in preview window. How can someone do exact keyframing when not exactly seeing if the arm bend to the right position to the right time.
And what will happen when you put in a second figure ? More verts and more faces to calculate.
You can take the fastest processor you will find, you wont be able to do a good animation without hardware accelereted GUI.
Thats only my opinion.

Ron

zechs ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 11:25 AM

I've decided to stick with V2, because I don't feel that I need a higher poly model , and there are no new morphs that I absolutely need. (well I heard about breathing morphs which sounded real cool...but I can't see spending the money a month after getting vickie 2. :) ) Hmmm... Off the top of my head I can't remember... Is V3's Poly count higher than Dina V's? I haven't had much problem with Dina V in Poser 5. (of course I haven't really used her much either. :))

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 11:47 AM

Dina actually has more...over 110,000. V3 has just under 75 grand I think :). Dina runs fine on my box too and so does V3. Laurie

zechs ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 1:24 PM

Thanks

EvoShandor ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 3:06 PM

crusher, perhaps DAZ could take any polygon related issues w/animation into consideration when designing their new poser-esque application, and allow support for dual processor machines.

MaterialForge ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 11:20 PM

Dual processor support would rock. But - I'd rather have network rendering for P5 right now... :) Ron - I've found that it's faster for me to render a medium-res animation clip (in a small frame, though, about 240x160) than watch a preview in Poser. Strange, I know. I'm on a 2ghz, 512MB ram, you'd think it would preview real-time. I see your point about the hardware accelerated GUI. The trick is to use lower res figures for your actual animation, then replace them at render time with the real thing. This doesn't ALWAYS work, but in most cases will do the job. Also - the graph editor is your friend. It doesn't require seeing realtime previews to tweak the positions, once you are familiar with the settings. It's very powerful. Wolf359 and Saxon can speak tomes about the graph editor. I use V1 lo-res (the free one) when doing an animation scene. When I'm satisfied with the motions, I just replace the figure with V2 and whatever clothing she has (I save the grouped V2/clothing beforehand to eliminate multiple loading). It works for me. Multiple characters - composites and mattes, my friend. :)

Kiera ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 4:19 AM

Morph injection works if you use linked runtimes.. but it works much better if you install V3 into your Poser 5 runtime directly. It takes a LOOOOOOONG time to load the total morphs. Poser is not dead.. it's just loading. To get the morphs to actually show up on the info palette, you have to either switch body parts or change the display type to get the palette to refresh. A pain, but I quickly got used to it. I can't comment on high poly animation, because I am not interested in animation. ;)

aleks ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 6:44 AM

kiera: p4 took only a minute to inject body morphs. i tried the same twice with p5 and had to utilize taskmanager to close it after 1 hour...

Kiera ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 9:53 AM

P4 took several minutes to inject for me also. But P5 takes longer. Not an hour though.. more like 4-7 minutes for me to inject all the head morphs.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.