Sat, Sep 21, 9:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Looking for a professionals advice on animation tools

Xlxsilentknightxlx ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 4:11 PM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 9:24 AM

I've been looking through the net for bout eleven hours now... MY EYES HURT LIKE HELL... so I just decided to post and see what you all think. Are there any other poser compatable programs that can handle upwards of ten to fifteen characters in a scene, along with massive terrains? I'm torn over whether to get Poser 5 or not, and I can't seem to come across a demo version anywhere. I've got Bryce 5, but I've got no idea if that even works with poser, (I haven't even figured out how to open an .OBP file yet). And... is there anyone out there that thinks Milkshape is worth buying? But... any advice you all can hand me is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

CylentLee

oh, an one more thing... I've got a rack of free stuff I want to post... but I dont know if it sucks or not... so if anyones willing to grade me, tell me if I'm any good, thatd be cool too. Happy holidays

Maestraorion ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 4:27 PM

As far as professional grade softwares go, there is Poser-Maya plugin from Reiss-Studio (?). Maya is very expensive though. How many characters handled with terrains is RAM and processors I think, not software too much. More powerful machines can handle more stuff. :) Poser 5 has no demonstration versions, but Maya and Soft|Image do. Not sure where to link. Bryce I do not think is set up to handle Poser very well, but Vue d'Esprit is made to import Posers files natively, and has many features and benefits over Bryce. I thinks Vue 4 (?) costs 200 dollars or so.

Xlxsilentknightxlx ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 4:42 PM

Thanks much

Maestraorion ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 4:48 PM

:)

Lawndart ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 9:55 PM

There is also Poser 4 with the ProPack add-on. It comes with a plugin for Lightwave, Max 4, and Cinema 4D. If I were to go for the best quality for the least amount of money I would get Poser4, ProPack and Cinema 4D. As Maestraorion mentioned, Vue d'Esprit and the plugin is cool too. I am very impessed with the look of the rendering of Vue. Seams less candy-ish or plastic looking than Bryce but that's just my preferance. Cheers, LawnDart

Lawndart ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 9:58 PM

Ooops... Actually Vue is less expensive than Cimena 4D. When I mentioned C4D I was thinking in terms of an all around 3D app as opposed to a 3D terrain application like Vue. All the Best, LawnDart

pack ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 11:05 PM

umm Max, can handle, much better than Poser multiple figures. Poser Pro is much better exporting to Max presently. Poser Pz3 exports to Max do not recognize Max geometry (footsteps on ground) , & Pz3 motions are not editable in Max. To edit charactyers in Max- you'll need to rig the meshes. Lifefforms handles exporting to/from many apps. I know lifeforms can handle many figures at once, but not landscapes.

onnetz ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 11:41 PM

you asked about MilkShape.... its worth the money but if you want to get into serious modeling you'll need somthing with a little more kick... it cant handle high poly counts.... you wont even be able to import posette without it complaining....

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or play with it,

just pee on it and walk away. :-)

I wouldnt have to manage my anger

if people would manage their stupidity......

Xlxsilentknightxlx ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 12:18 AM

first off, I'd just like to thank you all for making me feel very welcome in the community... you all are cool. And yeah, I actually did notice that about milkshape... its very limited in what it can handle... but at the same time its conversion I find indespensible. Ugh... I just downloaded Blender... anyone been through this? I dont know what I'm doing. Hell, an I thought bryce was complicated. Well, I see I've had some kickass people helpin me out with my questions... but no ones willin to grade my work? I've tried showing the people I know... and they're just suprised I can do anything without bong resin around my mouth... I need someone who knows what they're doing to tell me if I'm just wasting my time or not. Oh... an I got YET another question... to put something in the freebie category, do I have to have a website that'll upload it, or just send it through the host site? Yes... I understand I should just hit submit... but its a hella lot easier for you all to help me. ;) Nah, but in all honesty, this means a lot to me. thanks.

Cylent Lee

Bobasaur ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 11:32 PM

I've had no problem exporting Bryce terrains into Lightwave and then adding Poser characters/animation via the Poser 4/ProPack combination. As far as the number of characters, Lightwave handles groups of characters better than Poser. Right now I'm working on an animation that's a music video. I animated my guitarist, bassist, drummer, and kayboardist as separate Poser files and imported them all into Lightwave (into the same Lightwave scene file). The only restrictions I'm finding are my RAM.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Xlxsilentknightxlx ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 1:13 AM

hmmm, I'm hearing a lot of good from lightwave... maybe I'll check it out. THanks

lmckenzie ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 4:48 AM

Cylent, yes, you need a place to host your files. A couple of people here have offered some free space in the past but I can't recall who right off. I think most any freestuff is welcome and someone will find a use for it. Find a host and put up some pics here if you want asking for opinions. I'dd volunteer but I just had a crash and it'll be a few days before I'm Posering again.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Xlxsilentknightxlx ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 2:27 PM

cool thanks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.