Thu, Oct 3, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: P-Wizard On Win XP?

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 10:20 PM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 7:49 AM

The MP ad from Kattman doesn't mention it runs on XP. Is anyone running it under XP and does it run OK? (TKS!)

Dave71 ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 10:29 PM

yep I run it on XP.. no problems from me..

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 10:31 PM

Guess I'll get it and give it a try onn V3 since some people seem to be having success with it.

Spit ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 10:33 PM

No problems with it on XP here either. Go for it!

Dave71 ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 11:16 PM

i have tried it with V3 and seems to work OK...

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 11:21 PM

Got it. Installed the 3 wizards. Pointed the to the Poser folder (the one with Poser.exe in it). Read the help instructions where it gives an example of "MyShirt.Obj" being converted to "MyShirt.Cr2". So...how does converting, say, the gypsy top from Obj to Cr2 help it fit on V3? And where should I put the resulting Cr2 file?

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 12:04 AM

OK, reading more and chosing the Gypsy top (obj) and then pointing to the BLANK V3 Cr2 file. I load the files and come up with 4 unlinked obj groups (l and r bicep and l and r breast). So, apparently, I need to link these things to an actor (whatever THAT is). So...while waiting for someone to help, I guess I'll make a mess of my Poser folders somehow (smile).

Ajax ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 12:35 AM

For any conformer, the groups in the obj need to match the groups in the target. They changed the groupings quite substantially between v2 and v3, so you'll have to do a little more work than just using P-Wizard. I haven't tried adapting any clothes yet myself so I can't give you a run down on how it's done, but I've seen a number of people talking about success with various different methods on this forum. A search of recent postings might offer more info.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

bwldrd ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 12:39 AM
Online Now!

The actors are the different portions of the body, lcollar, lshoulder, rcollar,rshoulder, neck, chest.. etc, etc. So figure rbreast would be ve right collar, rbicep the rshoulder, an so forth. P-wizard does work well, but it doesn't seem to move the materials, so your new item will be white, and it doest do to well on geometry swapping items such as darkworld fantasy wear. Didn't in my case anyways. Hope this helps :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 12:39 AM

I guess you may be right, Ajax, but people acted like it was so easy. Here is my latest progress and where I "died": So, when I click "link to actor", there doesn't seem to be one applicable. Of course, how would I know what actor the left breast should be linked to? "Chest" doesn't appear in the list (I guess that's the actor I should link to), so it looks like I'm stuck with Creating an actor. UGH ! This text from the help screen on creating new actors: "One drawback from this is the fact that all new actors will have thier center points for all rotations set to 0,0,0. What this means is that you will have to open the joint editor in Poser to adjust these values to thier proper location. The second issue with creating new actors is that the wizard will always weld the new actor to it's parent. This is usually the proper choice, but if this group is not to be welded then you will have to change this by hand." Well, I don't think I relish the idea of editing joints (and I certainly wouldn't know what value to replace 0,0,0 with). And I have no idea what changing welds by hand entails, so I guess I can scratch this idea!

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 12:43 AM

bwldrd, yeah, it would seem logical, but the ones you listed aren't there. L & R forearm was there, so I chose that. But there was NOTHING to connect the L & R breasts to. (sigh)

thgeisel ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 12:47 AM

pwizard is very usefull ,but for me its only one step of two or three to make viccy2 clothes fit v3. i use a modelling program to fit the clothes and to set up the groups new ,than i take the new obj in pwizard and conform it to v3.

Spit ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 12:48 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1021562

I use P-Wizard for making mats and stuff. The conforming wizard is for clothing made specifically for a figure. Say Steve Shanks makes a new dress for Vicky3..when he wants to make it conform he runs it through P-Wizard. But the dress is already set up with the proper groups for V3.

What folks have been working on for V3 can be found at the link above.

thgeisel ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 12:50 AM

chuck : for the left and right breast i would try lcollar and rCollar

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 12:56 AM

I would, but they (collars) don't appear in the list when I try to choose an actor. Message671424.jpg

OpticalSingenoid ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 1:07 AM

Here's a quick fix to "Unlinked Groups"!

2 ways to go about it:

-first-> Load Poser, Load the "offending" cloth's .OBJ from
"Geometry Folder", then click on "Group Tool".
Now, look up the "Unlinked" groups first to see if "lBreast"
looks like it's the lCollar! If it seems to match, then simply create a new Group called "lCollar" then click "include group", select "lCollar", now delete "lBreast" Group. Voila! ReExport .OBJ under a different name!

-Second-> Open .OBJ in UVMApper, then select "lBreast" group
then "reassign" it to a new roup called "lCollar", delete "lBreast" group! Resave .OBJ under different name...

I'm sure there's others ways too...

One note here: I found 25 items so far that had to be fixed
like that! Some of them even had "eccentric" named groups,
specially in ones from the Orient... The advantage of doing
it with the Group Tool in Poser, is you can visually see what those groups are! I had a Cloth .OBJ with over 20 such "Redundant" Groups! Meaning, that the "Concerned Faces" were already part of the correct "BodyParts"!

Another quick note: Example that i will use is Billy-T's China Dress. It has 5 or 6 new Groups called "Front, Front1, Back, etc... Do Not Delete these! With those, you simply "Link them to Actor" in P-Wizard!!
How? Use the "Create Actor" Button, select "hip" from list then Start with "Front" group(Which is the highest up on Hierarchy of the Dress). Then click "Front1" & link it to "Front" & so on...

Of course, this means understanding the "Hierarchy" of your Cloth Model! When in doubt, just Open Poser in BackGround &
load the Cloth figure! ;-)

So, in retrospect, A lot of the Utilities such as P-Wizard require that the "Naming Convention" be very precise!
Anything out of the "Standard" causes "HickUps". But, with
a "Fresh Coffe Pot" & Home Baked Cookies Nothing's beyond
your imagination...

Oh! When you purchase P-Wizard, you'll receive an email with link to other Add-On Wizards: I've got:

Conforming, DialWiz, MatMor, OBJ-Ripper(Love that one) & Packaging.

Marco

bwldrd ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 1:09 AM
Online Now!

K I gave it a shot and seems to work.. I'm assumming you mean gypsie/genie top. As that what I used, I see what you mean about linking the actor and not being there so did this instead.. create lbreast/rbreast which I parented to the lcollar/rcollar, then created the lbicep/rbicep to and parented to the lshoulder/rshoulder respectively. Export cr2 and seems to work fine on v3 blank in poser for me. Have to do a little tweaking on to correct for poke through, but I've had to do that with all of them I've tried with pwiz so far.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

OpticalSingenoid ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 1:12 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1021516

Chuck! You can just make a "Pose" File, that will make those "0,0,0" Joints back to their proper ones... And Yes! P-Wizard alone will not make the V2 Clothes Fit V3! I made a quick "Walkthrough" of the process of it without using "3D Modeller". Here's the Link! Hope this Helps! Marco

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 1:21 AM

To you guys for spending soooo much time trying to help ! I'll give it a try tomorrow (errrr, today, grin). You see, Optical, I skipped the coffee and cookies and parented myself to beer. And bwldrd, I'll try that too, but not sure how/where you created l/r breast. You see, I'm kinda stupid. Just one of those guys who's used to simple things. PS: Maybe DAZ will create matching clothing items for all that appear in the Platinum club for V3...then I can skip beer and headaches and spend $1.99 for each (assuming I wouldn't need to repurchase the additional texture packs). Hint, Hint, DAZ (smile)

OpticalSingenoid ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 1:30 AM

LO, Chuck! Well, i'm Allergic to beer(Or more precisely the "Yeast" they use to ferment it)! :-( But, I'm sure DAZ will Update most if not all of their clothes with "Pose Files" & any other ways to make sure their new Model doesn't catch a cold... ;-) I was thinking that since .OBJ files are basically just Text files. That maybe there's a way to just include a file that gives only the changes(Like "Recutting" of the groups...) Oh! But we already have such a tool! "OBJMOVER"! DoH!! Where's Alcohol when you need it? Marco

thgeisel ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 2:03 AM

OS : your tut is great!!! I only use the modelling program cause i hate magnets and the grouping toollol but im going the same way in the modelling program

OpticalSingenoid ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 2:31 AM

Well, thgeisel. I wouldn't call it great! The steps are in order at least! LOL I'd Love to make one as good as Geep's Primers! But, that is beyond my talents & time available... I figured, that since lots of folks here don't own or want to learn a 3D modeller, that doing it with poser would at least give them a "push" in the right direction... I can only give hints & Steps. The "Doing" it rests entirely on the person wanting to go beyond their fear of the unknown & believing in themselves! I'm not smarter then any of you!(That's a Big understatement!) I'm just so Curious! I Love to try all the Buttons & Gizmos until i understand what they do! Experiment! Don't be Afraid! That's what the "Save" button is for! ;-) Well, following my own advise, i will get over my own limitations & try hard to come up with an even more illustrated one... Geep! help! Marco

KattMan ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 8:46 AM

Chuck, You should now have a link pointing you to the additional upgrades and add-ons. Sorry I didn't jump in on this earlier and it seems that everyone here has giving you the advise I would have. Good to see so many people getting familiar with the workings of my program. If you have any further problems feel free to either write me direct or post here and let me know about the post.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.