Sat, Sep 21, 3:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Dear tammymc 2

Mosca ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 11:15 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:12 PM

Okay, so management has made its decision regarding the AOY, and chosen a winner. You said earlier that all the mods and admins would get 1 vote, weighted equally. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm curious about the numbers--what was the final tally? I'm not asking who voted for who; just how many. I think maybe at this point management owes the customer-members this little slice of transparency.

tammymc ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 11:31 AM
Site Admin

how many mods and admins voted? is this your question? 24

Mosca ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 11:35 AM

Nope--how many voted for each finalist. We seem to be posting in different languages or something.

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 1:23 PM

Any commercial enterprise is going to have complaints about its products or policies. When management sets a precedent for ignoring complaints, even if some of them are paranoid or rude or hostile, it begins to look arrogant and contemptuous of its client base. There may be a way to solve this without admitting guilt or appearing weak, and it's not too late to bring a good finish to this.

tammymc ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 1:27 PM
Site Admin

Percentage of voting. ToxicAngel = 38% Carles_P = 29% cneofotistos = 8% EricClaeys = 4% rohi = 4% gevidal = 4% nitro115 = 4%

Brendan ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 2:21 PM

38% of hardly anything = not very much. That a simple tally of the actual number of votes cast for each artist is not forthcoming only indicates to me that there might be a little remnant of residual shame at the sandy ground AOY is built upon. In reality it is Administrations Artist of the Year which represents what? The attempts to appear reasonable after the event heightens the duplicity of the proceedings. Blech!

Cheryle ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 2:30 PM

On the AOY page, it used to state something to the effect of " prize to be announced closer to the end of the contest." That WAS posted at the time of this AOY. Was the prize announced? Was it given out?

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 2:34 PM

38+29+8+4+4+4+4=91% Is something missing here?

Cheryle ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 2:49 PM

there's only 7 artists mentioned - 5 are missing- there are 12 months in a year... And 35 mods//admins listed on "meet the team- not including store testers or magazine staff

Sasha_Maurice ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 3:07 PM

hummmm..guess that means 5 artist got zero votes. but yeah, the missing 9%...does that mean some admins declined to vote?

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 3:09 PM

So Legume didnt get any votes at all? Figures. Gevidal only got 4%? Figures. This does explain a lot of things though doesnt it?

Cheryle ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 3:17 PM

I am surprised TerryGH did not get any votes- he's got some pretty amazing work...

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 3:39 PM

Someone got their knob polished over this, while others just plain got screwed... Jack

Mosca ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 3:48 PM

Revealing in a couple of ways. At best it confirms what I've been saying about the establishment of a pretty clear cut "official" aesthetic here. At worst, it really does look like personality issues came into play--how else does Legume get 23% of the oops vote, win the unoffical vote, but end up with 0% of the admin vote? Illusions--well said. I agree 100%.

Mosca ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 5:14 PM

Brendan--tammymc says 24 staff members voted. So, that means 9 votes for TA, 7 for carles_p, 2 for cneofotistos, and 1 each for EricClaeys, rohi, gevidal and nitro115. Two votes are unaccounted for, apparently. Probably a miscommunication.

Cheryle ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 5:17 PM

if it was 2 for carles- then it would be a tie- how would the tie be broken? I would think they would have a vote off between the two but i have thought that before and have been wrong ;P

Brendan ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 5:43 PM

As far as I can deduce JeffH has been missing from the Poser forum for a week. I have to conclude that as he has not been responding to comments in the * Unofficial Poll* thread he set up and did not post the final tally that he said he would, we can assume he was not involved in the admins vote? That leaves the tally of possible votes at?,,,, well of course it is not possible to say!,,,,is it?

Mosca ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 5:51 PM

Maybe they miscounted. Maybe the dog ate the missing votes. Maybe they were smuggled out of the country with false passports.

Mosca ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 5:53 PM

Maybe clones broke into the office and stole them.

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 6:17 PM

Rosity + Contest = ???????? lmao

tammymc ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 7:28 PM
Site Admin

Well I have been handling the AOM for three years now... and I have screwed up the communications for 3 years.. now. Think I should be fired from handling this since I can not seem to get the communications correct on this for some reason. Here are the correct percentages. ToxicAngel : 38 % Carles_P : 29 % rohi : 13 % cneofotistos : 8 % EricClaeys : 4 % Gevidal : 4 % nitro115 : 4 % tammy

Longest ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 10:10 PM

interesting 38% = 9.12 votes 29% = 6.96 votes 13% = 3.12 votes 8% = 1.92 votes 4% = 0.96 votes 4% = 0.96 votes 4% = 0.96 votes Total = 24 votes admins can split themselves into small decimal parts . Wow

Mosca ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 10:25 PM

And that's just ONE of their super powers.

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 10:26 PM

Tammy said: "Think I should be fired from handling this since I can not seem to get the communications correct on this for some reason." Can we put that up for a Community vote? :o) Jack

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 10:27 PM

Jesus, why dont they just say x got 2 votes y got 3 etc? Is it a state secret how many votes were cast for whom? Not like they would be saying who voted for who.

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 10:29 PM

Better watch it Jack or you will vanish like X2000 did. One day your here the next, poof your gone.

coldrake ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 11:15 PM

ToxicAngel : 9 votes Carles_P : 7 votes rohi : 3 votes cneofotistos : 2 votes EricClaeys : 1 vote Gevidal : 1 vote nitro115 : 1 vote 9+7+3+2+1+1+1=24

atthisstage ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 12:29 PM

Screw AOY. I'm naming myself Artist of the Day for January 7. I got ALL the votes because it's my contest, so nya-nya-nya. So what if I don't have a gallery anymore. It's MY contest, hear? So I won, and get over it. :)

Brendan ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 12:38 PM

Congrats! a well deserved award. An inspiration to everyone here. If nobody wants AOD tomorrow can I have it?....hold on!... it's never tomorrow, it's always today. Sheesh!

Mosca ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 1:15 PM

Your vapor-gallery is the envy of everyone here. Congratulations, atthisstage. Brendan--you can be AOT.

tammymc ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 1:16 PM
Site Admin

No need for a community vote, Jack. Another admin will be handling these from now on and will do a much better job than I. tammy

PoisenedLily ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 1:44 PM

I have a question. Granted no one will want to answer it, but hey thats what I am here for. Why are you all still complaining about this? Why the whining? Just don't understand this at all. It's DONE!!! LET IT GO! ToxicAngel won, he deserved to win he's an amazing artist. End of Story. I don't think there is some big Rosity cover up conspiracy. I think theres alot of people with nothing better to do than dream up reasons they are being opressed. For crying out loud, it's over with...for your own sanity, whats left of it, LET IT GO. On another note, for everyone bashing an admin and what they do or how they voted, why don't you try being one. Just for a day. :) Then we'll see how great you run Rosity. My 2 cents, Gina

SpectreOfDesire ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 1:46 PM

Hear hear! I agree, Gina. Whole-freakin-heartedly. Spec

jeweldragon ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 1:48 PM

excellent post and i agree toxic angel is an amazing artist i just pray he doesnt read all this because it could very well put doubts in his mind as to his talents yes others are as talented but its done now and there isnt anything any of us can do about it so why complain has it ever changed anything ?-just my opinion

synergyauto ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 1:51 PM

No doubt, Bravo! Let's get a life now people ok?

atthisstage ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 2:13 PM

Uh, guys, AOY isn't just as title -- there's some pretty decent prizes that accompany it. And see, this is what has people upset more than anything, I think. If it were just some title like Miss Southern Hog Yeller, it'd be no biggie. But there's slightly more involved here than just a vapor tiara. Mosca: glad you like it. I worked long and hard to create that image of "Sorry, no files match your search" in such a way that it looks precisely like the one Rsity uses. You'd never know that was a texture wrapped around Dina, would you?

PoisenedLily ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 2:31 PM

atthisstage, so let me get this straight..people aren't crying about the title they are whining about the prizes. Oh it all makes sense now. Thanks for clearing that up. Give me a break. I understand what you are saying, but who cares. If someone posting in this forum was in the running and is upset because they didn't get a chance to have all their friends vote them in, sorry. But honestly, who cares. I still don't get it. They were all good artists and well deserving...ok well I think they all were I didn't recognize a name or 2. So what does it matter who won!?!?!? Is this basically because the admins took the power out of your hands? Because newsflash, just because Rosity is a community doesn't mean we get to decide EVERYTHING that happens here. I just REALLY think that this is a long and ridiculous thread full of people upset. To be honest, I am sure half of you dont even really KNOW why you are upset. Someone (Mosca) started screaming and the rest joined in. It happens all the time, Im just sick of seeing it. Tammymc, I don't know what happened to be honest, and I don't know you or your role here at Rosity, but I am sincerely sorry that you were openly attacked. It was rude and uncalled for and Im sorry you were attacked like that. Cheers Gina

Cheryle ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 2:35 PM

Which brings us right back toWHen the AOY was put up for a poll- it said there were to be prizes. Where there Prizes given out? What were they?

SpectreOfDesire ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 2:48 PM

Why does it matter what the prizes were? In all honesty, everyone's been saying it's all null and void, which to each their own. But if it's null and void, why do the prizes have any bearing whatsoever? Spec

Cheryle ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 2:53 PM

Because spectre they said there were to be prizes for AOY to be announced closer to the end of contest. According to both fed law and Tennessee regs concerning contests and awards- if they say there is to be one- they have to say what it is and give it out - if they don't the contest//award could possibly be illegal

Cheryle ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 2:58 PM

Well Cimerone- since you asked.... "So what does it matter who won!?!?!? Is this basically because the admins took the power out of your hands?" No- It's because when one runs a contest, one has to abide by local and federal laws that govern said contest. A contest rules cannot be changed midstream. A contest cannot be held claiming prizes will be given out and then none are given out or another prize substituted. A contest cannot be started and the terms changed part way through. The Rules and terms of the contest as well as the prize itself and any tie breaking measures must be in place and adhered to. Otherwise it's considered bait and switch and could possibly be illegal. Changing the way the vote was done part way through could also be illegal. It's also because in the past AOY came with significant prizes and promotions of the "chosen" artist. "Because newsflash, just because Rosity is a community doesn't mean we get to decide EVERYTHING that happens here." Newsflash for you- but they still hve to follow the Laws governing contests sweepstakes and awards- both local and federal and right about now it is looking like they did not. "I just REALLY think that this is a long and ridiculous thread full of people upset." And you just made it that much longer. "To be honest, I am sure half of you dont even really KNOW why you are upset." Nice that you know what we don't. "Someone (Mosca) started screaming and the rest joined in. It happens all the time, Im just sick of seeing it." Then don't look.

Brendan ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 2:59 PM

Hey there Cimerone! never "let go" of loose ends, they are all you have to hold on to. Dear Jeweldragaon! the sycophants outnumber the detractors by a wide margin, you can't win them all. Synergyauto! "get a life" by all means, just don't expect others to get the same one as you. Mosca! deep down inside, I always guessed that I was Artist of Tomorrow, why!, only yesterday, I thought any day now it will come to pass. Thank you for your vote. Life is sweet.

SpectreOfDesire ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 3:02 PM

Considering the final vote took place privately, among the admins, don't you think it makes sense that the prizes were also mentioned privately? To those in the running, or the winner. I don't know anything that states that a prize in a private contest has to be mentioned to the public at large. Spec

PoisenedLily ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 3:02 PM

Cheryle, are you on the federal board of contests? Or the national contest committee? Unless you ARE on some sorta committee or board or other contest law enforcing thing, it doesnt matter to you. If ToxicAngel is concerned about his prizes or any of the other contestants, THEY will deal with it. It does NOT concern you. AT ALL. I realize Im making the thread longer, but would you people really quit bitching if I wasnt here? Not likely, you are gonna complain no matter what, so I figure I can add my two cents .. the logical 2 cents that is. Cheers, Gina

Cheryle ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 3:06 PM

Cimerone "Cheryle, are you on the federal board of contests? Or the national contest committee? Unless you ARE on some sorta committee or board or other contest law enforcing thing, it doesnt matter to you. If ToxicAngel is concerned about his prizes or any of the other contestants, THEY will deal with it. It does NOT concern you. AT ALL" Yes it does- as long as i am am member of this site it concerns ALL members! How contests are run for members concerns all members. This isnt the first time a contest here has been tainted. Some of us are trying to prevent that from happening again. "the logical 2 cents that is" Your logic consists of 'suck it up guys and get over it" which is wrong. The bottom line is what happens in these contests affects ALL members. whether they are voting, whether they are in the running etc.

Mosca ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 3:21 PM

Hey, Cimerone--aren't you being kind of shrill with the customers?

Brendan ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 3:25 PM

2cents of logic! how much is that worth? more or less than 2cents of integrity? Exchange rates are so volatile these days.

Mosca ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 3:34 PM

That and $4 will get you a latte.

Brendan ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 3:42 PM

I am guessing that there won't be a free Amoretti thrown in at these prices.

PoisenedLily ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 3:48 PM

Mosca arent you being a little shrill with everyone? Im stating my opinion just like everyone else has seen fit to do so. The bottom line is yet another topic has been blown completely out of proportion due to someones need for attention. Thats is the truth. Like it or not, admit it or not, thats all this is. Gina

Kendra ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 3:48 PM

"Hey, Cimerone--aren't you being kind of shrill with the customers?"

Merchants started out as members and have every right to voice their opinions here as much as a non-merchant. Are you suggesting that a merchant has no right to a voice? Because I see a pot-kettle-black comment here.

...... Kendra

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.