Tue, Oct 22, 2:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Thief Alert - Next Update!!!

Chris ( ) posted Wed, 26 April 2000 at 4:52 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:32 AM

I have emailed that guy (http://anas.worldonline.es/aevmulti/mesh.html) the last time: chris@3d-grafx-online.de wrote: I want you to delete my work off your site at once because you don't have my permission to post my work! You violate my copyrights! If you don't delete my work from your illegal site I'll call my Lawyer. You have time until 27.04.2000 11:00am. ---- If he dont delete my stuff off his site I'll close the download section on my site and I'll delete all my stuff here at Renderosity and all the the other sites I've posted my stuff. I think this is the only way to beware my copyrights. I have spend much time to make all the textures and other stuff and I wanted that you all get it for free but that guy is selling my stuff. I'm very angry about that! I hope you will agree with this step. Regards Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Chris ( ) posted Wed, 26 April 2000 at 4:54 PM

I hope my english in my msg is ok. If not - sorry - english is not my main lenguage. Chris

quesswho ( ) posted Wed, 26 April 2000 at 5:03 PM

Your english is just fine and very easy to understand. I just went to his site and it looks like everything except his gallery and the animations have been taken down. Marge

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Wed, 26 April 2000 at 5:04 PM

I'll delete all my stuff here at Renderosity and all the the other sites I've posted my stuff Please don't. That will punish everybody for that one man's misdeed.

Oliver S ( ) posted Wed, 26 April 2000 at 6:47 PM

Please don't. Publish and be damned! This would be the most awful consequence to a community I have dipped into over the years for tips and updates when the manuals have failed me. The consequence of everyone taking there ball home will be no further improvements to the software etc., Depressing really. Don't do it.

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 26 April 2000 at 8:12 PM

Maybe you should do what I suggested Thorne do and place a disclaimer on your site that states the items on your site are the originals and that any that are posted on the other site are stolen. Melanie

nitreug ( ) posted Wed, 26 April 2000 at 9:22 PM

It will be a big lost for new person, like me, who is very new to Poser and I download a lot of stuff from Renderosity. I do not have time to create something new for now, just practicing. On the other hand, I understand that it is not fare what this guy do or have done and you are absolutelu right to do so and I encourage you. However, I hope that this guy understand the impacts of his behavior. Sorry also for my english, I am french. Claude

casamerica ( ) posted Wed, 26 April 2000 at 10:50 PM

First, let me say that I believe it is a shame that anyone would do to this community of giving artists what this little %#$ has done. You folks have been the most helpful and giving group I have ever come across on the Net. Having said that, we must be realistic. How many of us really have the money to go through the maze of the court systems on this? And I say "systems" since we are talking about American, Spanish and possibly EU systems. Interpol? Copyright theft or infringement is not going to be high on their list of priorities when compared with going after people like the Red Army, Bader-Meinhoff, Carlos the Jackal, Euro counterfeiters, kidnappers or assassins. The Spanish police? Hmmm, kidnappings, Basque separatist bombings and bank robberies... we would fall pretty low on their list also. Sorry, but, I think we have to see this in perspective. The best immediate route is through his ISP. Get him closed down. Not just warned, but, closed down. Demand it. Those of you that reside in countries that are members of the EU, remind this ISP of their obligations under EU rules to protect the copyright and artistic ownership of ALL EU residents. They may or may not be receptive to our demands. But then, perhaps this is what DOS attacks were meant for all along? And I would not hesitate for those of you who have been violated to begin posting this leech's email and name all over the artistic and modeling net. Public humiliation has a way of destroying reputations and future dreams very quickly. Make the little thief know he has crossed the line and has messed with a community that will not tolerate such behavior. I do not wish to sound like a sour puss on this, my friends. And if you do have the resources to go after this parasite through the courts then go for it. But, I just do not see that as a realistic course for the majority of us. It is just too expensive, too complicated and too time-consuming. I hope I have not offended anyone. That was not my intent. Take care and Godspeed. ;)

dunga ( ) posted Wed, 26 April 2000 at 10:51 PM

Ich can nicht glauben, Legume, sie sprechen Deutsch?

wrecker25 ( ) posted Wed, 26 April 2000 at 10:59 PM

Ya know, One bad apple will ruin the whole bunch. Please Chris, don't remove your stuff from Renderosity. I am very new newbie (still haven't even started my first attempt, still playing) I visit this site everyday, just to see what new and cool things the creative minds have come up with. There is not a day goes by that I don't download something. I only hope that when I finally get around to doing my first render, I'll be able to remember whose stuff I've borrowed so I can credit them. I promise, by the end of May I'll have something up (I hope anyway) But really, don't let this one bastard ruin a great thing for everybody, professional and amature alike. What goes around comes around and this guy is sure to get his just desserts. (ok, ok, hopping off my soapbox now) Thank you all Mike

Nance ( ) posted Wed, 26 April 2000 at 11:21 PM

If this guy is paying $20-30 a month to his ISP, how much heat do you think they will put up with to keep his business? (and I'm so glad we stopped messing around with the title fonts)

Chris ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2000 at 2:24 AM

Thanks you all for your comments. OK, I will not delete my stuff here at Renderosity. I will see what happens the next days. But something I must do. I will think about this situation. Please dont be angry with my because I have posted this topic here. Regards Chris

stonecold ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2000 at 2:27 AM

My opinion is: Kick this as***** out of world wide web and blame him where he appears! Meine Meinung ist: Befdert dieses Ar******* aus dem WWW und macht ihn fertig wo er auftaucht! and that's the bottom line cause Stonecold said so!

duesentrieb ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2000 at 3:54 AM

I think there was a browser plugin called "Third Voice" which makes it possible to post comments to every website on a central server. Every user who visits the commented website and who is using the plugin can read your comments. Maybe you should warn any potential customers this way...

Ede ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2000 at 4:43 AM

chris, i have recently had similar problems with copyright violation of image and sound material produced by my company and myself. Calling the lawyer would be the "official" way, but i dont think you can get the little bastard down like this. instead, I agree with melanie to put a disclaimer on your site. Then contact his ISP and tell them to put the site down. I am running my own webhosting company her in the EU and in the USA and i can tell you we (the ISP's) have to react to such calls, because expecially in the EU an ISP is lately responsible for the content its customers provide on their sites. Furthermore post his names and a short description of his misdeeds to all concerning newsgroups. believe me, there are a lot of people out there willing to bring him down. finally i have to excuse myself about my bad english too, even if i spend a lot of time in the US i am still german, so if anyone want's to contact me, feel free in either lanugage. i can offer advice about ISP and copyright questions i aswell do model photography (some know our pics) and musical productions. Sad to say the inofficial ways are somethimes the best to get helped with such subjects like copyright violation, you have contacted him enough and demanded removal of your work. If he'd excuse himself and rewarded you i would have understood... so we are a community here, i'm not that long a member of renderosity, but i feel at home here! and we don't want you to delete your beautiful work because of one simple idiot. we can handle this! and remember: free speech! no need to excuse this posting, the forum's here to talk about! and i like it very much! cya all! -Ede

Orb ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2000 at 6:49 AM

I have been following this copyright crisis very closely, not because it directly effects my own work but it does effect the works of my friends, companies that I respect and the community at large. Somewhere amidst all the forums I am on I read a message (which I have been unable to relocate) where people said he had taken down some people's work. A few have come down, but he has put many more up ... and still things I recognize as being other people's work. Thorne's Mikki is still available as a free download with no mention of Thorne whatsoever with the file. And though on one of his front pages he says "not for sale", on the bottom of every page, including his gallery he says if you are interested in any of the objects to contact him. He's just trying a new approach, but he is still doing the same thing. I lot of people have not been going in through his main page (and who taught him html I want to know ... he is clueless) so might not realize the extent of what all he has there. Does anyone know if Zygote is actually DOING anything about this? Anyway, I didn't know where I had read the original post, but I thought I would post here as many of the persons effected are members here. Be well all, Orb http://orbizart.tripod.com

Virus ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2000 at 1:04 PM

Dear Poser Community: As the Webmaster of Propguild I'm thinking to close the site In support to Chris as one of our contributors Members, we will close the propsguild to preserve all the contributor members work save of thieves like this. I guess the best way to support the actions that we will be taken is to email this guy and tell him what you think about people like him who stole other people's work. We will close the propsguild site the next april 28th 12:00 AM. Sorry for the inconvieniece but we have not other option to protect our contributor members work. If the violator removes his stolen stuff from his site the Propsguild will comes back online again. Thanks for your understanding and support. Best Regardings. Virus Propsguild Innercircle member and Webmaster.

SAL9000 - Hello Dr. Chandra, Will I've dream?

Spike ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2000 at 2:34 PM

Chris, We are all behind you! Spike

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

lmacken ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2000 at 8:16 PM

ISPs rule. heh

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.