Sat, Sep 21, 12:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:04 pm)

Subject: Daz Cyclorama Beach Background Help

Firebirdz ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 11:09 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:56 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=316484&Start=1&Artist=Firebirdz&ByArtist=Yes

file_42070.jpg

I used Daz Cyclorama Woodland Coast Background for a Beach Image. I tried over a dozen Light sets - all of which I wasn't happy with as the background remained dark.

Yes, I tried Blackhearted's GI Lights too - but I felt they weren't suitable for this particular scene as the couple became too bright.

I finally settled for the Global Illumination Light set which came with the package (over 25 lights). However, the effect was still a dark background - though not as dark as before. (This is not using any postwork). The effect is an overcast sky.

Got a comment in my gallery that others also have problems with the Cyclorama Beach Scenes. Is there a way to brighten the background without using Photoshop or is it inevitable that PS has to be used?

The effect I wanted was a good metallic effect on the bikini which is using Poser 5 Materials and reflections and the sunglasses which on a closer look actually has the girl's reflection - using some light sets. And I want it to look like it is a sunny day scene.

Thanks,
Firebirdz

Firebirdz ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 11:10 AM

file_42071.jpg

The original daz background image

EricJ ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 11:30 AM

If you're using Poser 4 check the materials settings and make sure the Cyclorama's color is set to white. The base color of the object will effect the color of the texture. I assume that Poser 5 has the same thing. Eric

tasquah ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 12:06 PM

You can try IMing Anton ( PheonixRising ) he made a bunch of backdrops and was sharing how to use them in a few threads. I only use P4 but I am assuming you just have a setting wrong or need to turn off the Cast shadows on the Cyclorama .

martindj ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 12:26 PM

It looks like you're uaing P5. If so, you need to go to the material room, select the cyclorama Figure and Material = cyc, then plug the Color_Texture node into the Ambient_Color socket and set Ambient_Value to 1. It may help also to set the Ambient_Color to white. (I used to just set the Diffuse_Value to 2 instead of 1, but ambience is more realistic). Cheers, David.

Crescent ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 12:27 PM

file_42073.jpg

Do you have P5? If so, plug the Alternate Diffuse into the texture map as well. (Here's the Before and After pictures.) It will brighten up the background so much that you may want to grey the Alternate Diffuse a bit to tone it down. (Mine shows just the default white in the Alt Dif channel.)

This trick works for a lot of the texture backgrounds with P5.

Cheers!

Crescent ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 12:30 PM

I just tried Ambient_Color and it worked well, also. (I knew a couple of those A channels worked.)

Firebirdz ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 6:00 PM

file_42074.jpg

Thanks everyone! The tips were most useful. I never thought of changing materials for backgrounds in poser. I have only used them for props and textures.I adjusted the colour in Poser to the tone I wanted. Here is the Picture redone with the Diffuse colour as white.

Firebirdz ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 6:00 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=317490&Start=1&Sectionid=1&WhatsNew=Yes

Thanks everyone! The tips were most useful. I never thought of changing materials for backgrounds in poser. I have only used them for props and textures.I adjusted the colour in Poser to the tone I wanted. Here is the Picture redone with the Diffuse colour as white.

martindj ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 6:13 PM

Looks fantastic.

Sarudani ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 6:54 PM

Definite improvement. You might try sinking your character's feet into the sand a little bit.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.