Sun, Sep 22, 5:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Boat

maga ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2000 at 1:53 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 5:19 AM

file_126282.jpg

Here is my image, any suggestion is welcome.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2000 at 3:29 PM

Excellant Maga, Glad you figgerd out how to post, I see your problem with the boat.I think the image would look good as it is but without the boat unlees you intend to make it a pertinent part of the image .,It looks as though you my have to change the mapping mode on the boat texture and perhaps stretch it or use a boolean operation to bring out a more detailed shape . Have you thought of sinking the boat? all the stuff on the bottom of the lake?ocean look very nive. Great image so far Maga. Just let the image happen. Great job Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2000 at 3:32 PM

ooh ...also use a "caustic gel" on a light above the water surface to get that refracted light effect

maga ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2000 at 4:26 PM

Dear Hawkfyr I do appreciate your help and suggestions, maybe I'll delete the boat. I would like you to know that I'm a "do-it-yourself" .....ehm.....artist, I do not have the manual so all I know, that's to say not much, I have learned working and experiemting. So I don't know (yet) how to change the mapping, and what a "caustic gel" is. But I'm sure you'll help.....:-))))) I'd like also to put some plants on the background, but it seems I never reach the end of the pane.....

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2000 at 8:24 PM

Your welcome Maga Hmm when you say "they never reach the end of the plane", do you mean you want the plants to extend back to the Horizon Line? if so try viewing from Top view,(Drop menu next to the camera controls), and either duplicte the plants you have now or bring in other ones for variety, anyway... from the top view you can see the camera's Field of view, select and move the new plants back away from the camera along the "Z" axis. You may have to use the zoom tool(Hidden toolbar along right margin) too get a wideer view, now go back to camera view and re -locate and re- size them as needed. top view will be a common camera angle used for positioning objects and lights. okay ...to change the mapping modes go into the texture editor and click the little down triagle in the lower right corner of the texture component window(s)( the 3 little windows on the right side of the texture editor, that menu will reveal the "texture mapping modes" it will say "World Space", Oblect Space" etc. Try different modes and notice in your nano preview the different ways the texture its "Mapped" to the object or group. send me your Edress. and I'll send you the caustic gel. you place this gel on a light to cast those reflection Refraction effects, that one would find at the bottom of a swimming pool or lake/Ocean. You may have noticed it used in my latest image. " A Rest" I cant remember who made it but there are many caustic gels "Floating" around the Net. (bad pun..lol). I hope this helps. good luck Hawkfyr

maga ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2000 at 12:12 AM

my e-mail is magaribe@libero.it I will try your suggestions and come back with a new rendering. .....Maybe I can find the boat model to download..... Thanks in advance for sending me causti gel!!!!!!

Quikp51 ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2000 at 2:07 AM

I posted a link in 3DForum and it has several nice wooden boats to dl. They're in many formats too.

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Sat, 06 May 2000 at 12:24 PM

That depends on where you ask for a caustic gel. If you ask for a caustic gel in a factory, you may get something that you definitely don't want to get on your skin.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.