Fri, Sep 20, 3:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Product Review - V2-V3 Texture Converter

caleb68 ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 1:51 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:22 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: Get The V2-V3 Texture Converter here

![artistdownload.ez?Who=caleb68&fileid=275](http://www.renderosity.com/artistdownload.ez?Who=caleb68&fileid=2755&key=103127)

Dark Whisper and Mason_Stonehenge have brought you this wonderful tool for use with your poser textures. By far this is one of the best utility programs I have bought for poser so far, including from Commerical Businesses. This Program will save Merchants and Poser users countless hours of frustration in converting textures from Victoria 2 over to the new Victoria 3 format. What took me to do over a process of 3 days, this program accomplished in a mannor of seconds. The Products Display as shown above is kept in the simplest form that even the most novice user would be able to use it. Simply load the texture you want to convert, let it know if it is a vitoria 2 texture you want to convert to victoria 3 or vise versa by a simple option click, let the program know if your converting the body, head, eyes, or transparency over by a simple option click. The program automatically selects the for the texture and lets you change it if you see fit. It doesn't end there though, you can even set the output resolution of the new texture by simply typing it in, want it bigger? noo problem. The JPEG Quality lets you set the ammount of compression you want to save the new texture with, lowest being grainy, highest preserving the texture fully. After you have the values selected Click the Convert button and watch it work, Right before your eyes you'll see the victoria texture Redrawn in the right most window, taking only a matter of 2-5 seconds on my PC's, it was quick simple and fast. Thinking that there would be seam lines for me to fix from the orginal victoria 2 textures I loaded the image up in my paint program, and was just amazed that there were no seam lines down the body's sides or the heads sides, it was truely amazing. but don't just take my word for it.
artistdownload.ez?Who=caleb68&fileid=275

Seeing is believing, the above image is victoria 3 with my victoria 2 'Dragon Folk' texture converted over for it. I was amazed at the exceptional conversion to the victoria 3 format, this left me with next to no editing for the image. The Head and body texture converted over very nicely, so even with high detail images there seems to be little or no loss of quality from converting. Dark_Whisper and Mason_Stonehenge out did themselves with this program, A superb application, easy to use, well built and Functions quickly. Congradulations Dark_Whisper and Mason_STonehenge, you both have outdone yourselves this time, I'm looking forward myself to seeing what wonderious gifts you will be bringing our way with your next product release. A Very Satasified Customer -caleb68

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 2:10 AM

Wow! Caleb, this is fantastic feedback, and makes all the sweat and tears more than worth it. I am so glad that you are happy with this product, and that it's saving you time. cheers, Steve

MachineClaw ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 2:12 AM

This should be in Product Showcase forum. You didn't mention anything about the V3 texture for eyes as they are different for V2 and how this compares once converted both V2->V3 and V3->V2. Also the V3 textures have mouth, toungue and also not mentioned. "...this left me with next to no editing for the image." How much is next to no editing? What editing DID you have to do?? Would a newbie texture person be able to do it? I have yet to find any software application that didn't have something I wished would be fixed or different, even easyer. How about this product? I know it's not for Macintosh, that could be one thing, anything else? Sorry, you called this thread a Review. Trying to collect more data, as the product is pricey and I can already transfer my V2 textures to V3 for free via the Daz UVMapper files, thou I can't take V3->V2 without this application. If one doesn't need that capability is it REALLY worth the pricetag?

lwanmtr ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 2:25 AM

Are Dark Whipser and Mason_Stonehenge gonna do a Mac version?

caleb68 ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 2:32 AM

Eyes convert over nicely, Inner mouth on vicki 3 you still have to do yourself, I may supply a highres inner mouth texture for free however for those using this utility :) i think it would be a benifit to it :) i made a really nice one using photo's for the base :)

caleb68 ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 2:41 AM

file_44290.gif

here ya go, a highres inner mouth for vicki 3 :), sorry it won't let ya attach a small zip file :( had to attach it as a image.

caleb68 ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 2:45 AM

file_44291.gif

here's the teeth and gums one too :) These both are for private use, not commercial sorry ;) (can't distrubute textures with them included)

dboura ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 2:49 AM

caleb that is so sweet of you to do this for dark_whisper and showing us all this feedback :)-jeweldragon and dboura

Dizzie ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 3:22 AM

I've been happy using the converter, but I didn't know you could convert the eyes...how do you do that? You didn't address that question.... And what about all the problems a lot of people are having with the "too big to manipulate in memory" error message???

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 3:31 AM

Attached Link: http://www.3duniverse.co.za

Dizzie,lwanmtr,MachineClaw You can get all these answers in the forum I have opened on 3D Universe. http://www.3duniverse.co.za cheer, Steve

EricofSD ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 3:41 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=326301&Start=1&Artist=EricofSD&ByArtist=Yes

While I like the innovation of this, I have to say that I would only be wanting this product if I were to put V3 textures on V2. Daz has released a uvmap that lets us put V2 textures on V3 and its free. Yes, there was a little tweaking and last week there was a forum tut on it. I loaded V3 SR1 and ran through the tweak, saved her back to the library as a "V3 SR1 UV". Now when I load that model, I get V3 with the ability to accept all the morphs and all the V2/V1/Vlores textures and yes, the mil girls textures too. It was a one time tweak and easy enough to do.

Farside ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 5:06 AM

I don't see why any merchant would ever release a texture for just V2 or V3 again. With this utility making it so easy to convert, as a buyer I'd now fully expect to get textures for both in any package I'd buy.

caleb68 ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 5:24 AM

converting the eyes - thats simple :) if ya take a look, if your converting v2 eyes, load the head, click the 'eyes' option on the screen, then do the little convert :) boom done :D if your converting v3 eyes, load the eye texture, clicke the 'eyes' option on the screen, then do the little convert boom done again :D! Its really a simple program to use, if you take a look at image 1 in the first post and the little options there on the screen its pretty self explaining :) it will convert the body, head, eyes, or transmaps over :) I love it personally. It takes me 3 days to do the work this thing does in seconds. To me personally, yes its worth the money, but i work on things for other people sense im a merchant. This is as Farside said, a great Merchant Utility if there making body textures, because of the ammount of time it saves them in rebuilding the texture for victoria 2 or 3. Personally im hoping the abilities of the program get expanded to yet more of the characters like P4 male/female n' mike and steph :) just going to have to wait and see on that :) Yes there is a a way to map V3 to V2, but no way to map V2 to V3. Then you have those of us that were working on new body texture for V2 right before V3 came out and were kinda shattered by it, and started working on V3 stuff. This utility comes in very handy for that. Memory Problem - HAven't heard anything on that, seems to work fine on my machines :) 1.33 mHz machine with 1gig ram, 800mHz machine with 512 ram, and a 450celeron with 320ram, though i have fixed swap files on them all too of 2gigs so i don't know if that has anything to do with me not seeing it. I'd suggest checking Dark_Whispers forum :) he's answered alotta Quick Questions about it in there :) This program saved me from about 3 weeks work reworking some of my textures to be v3 textures, so ya, im defently grateful.

Dizzie ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 5:36 AM

....pulls foot out of eye...... IT'S A MIRCLE! IT'S A MIRCLE! I CAN SEE how to convert eye textures now...:>)

caleb68 ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 6:17 AM

lol ;)

spudgrl ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 7:04 AM

I got it and I love it. I spent most of last night useing it. the vic 3 textures on vic 2 look great. now of we could just get a stef to vic 3 conversion id be in hog heaven. I wanna convert sacroment and tears by visual science over to vic 3. :)

TMGraphics ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 7:10 AM

Very Nice!

claudiow ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 7:26 AM

It is a marvellous program indeed. It does exactly qhat it is supposed to do smooth and beautifully. Had no problems at all on a PIII 800/512 RAM, even with 4000 x 4000 textures. I used the DAZ UV conversion before and had weird results after saving the files to pzz's and re-opening them: the textures got completely messed up. This utility completely solved the problem. Thanks DW for this wonderful program - it's the best poser add-on utility ever!

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 9:36 AM

Dizzie: The "too big to manipulate in memory" messages where on systems running Windows 98/ME. I have been working on this issue, and have rewritten part of the application to use memory other than GDI memory (the cause of the limitation). I have just tested the new procedures with a 12000 x 12000 texture (yep - thats 12 thousand) successfully, although I must admit my PC thought it was a 286 for a while :-) I will be releasing a patch with the new procedures later today. cheers, Steve

thgeisel ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 9:45 AM

bought the program on saturaday and it works very well. and with the mattemplates from your side,it was very easy to create matfiles with the new textures for v3

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 12:04 PM

I bought it and I think it will be come an indispensible tool for me. Thanks so much Dark_Whisper and Mason_Stonehenge...it makes things so much easier, I can't tell you. 30 dollars WELL spent IMHO! :o) Laurie

Great Bizarro ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 12:05 PM

If you have V3 get this product!

pigfish ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 1:02 PM

I'm happy to see an update coming out for us poor ME folks. I spent my weekend converting texture maps down to 1000x1000 so that they would work. I did get my two favorites--AprilSpring and Oxana converted so I'm happy :) I still haven't figured out the V2 texture UV thingy for V3 so this helps tremendously. The program is sooo easy to use. I'm looking forward to using Anton's V3 makeup faces and eyes on V2. I really love those eyes...

Fyrene ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 4:22 PM

Any chance that you will be able to get the proggie to convert Steph textures to V3?? :))

caleb68 ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 4:29 PM

From what dark whisper is saying in his forum boards there looking at that as a serious possibility, as well as other character formats :) this will save alotta time in the long run and a end of needing to buy endless textures of the same character "joe for p4 male, joe for mike, joe for steph" etc. I'm defently one looking forward to seeing this done as some of my favorite textures are some high res p4 textures that even give the mike 2 textures a run for there money.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 4:44 PM

No mac version :-( [insert 30 or 40 lines of assorted bitching here] Dark Whisper would you let someone who speaks both Mac and PC (not me) convert this converter to a Mac version so we all can make our V2 tex work on V3?

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

mglant ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 6:53 PM

I have this program and it works flawlessly on every texture I have tried. It is just fun stairing at it as it draws the new texture. Thanks a million youz guyz!!!

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 11:28 PM

Second the vote for a Mac version. Sounds like a nice utility.

caleb68 ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2003 at 12:41 AM

doesn't mac have a little thing that will let you run pc software on it? I swear i recall the printshop running win98 in a window on there mac...

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2003 at 1:57 AM

caleb68 - You usually have to be running a hardware or software PC emulator on the Mac, like VirtualPC or OrangePC. Doesn't come with the OS ;o). Laurie

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2003 at 2:12 AM

VirtualPC 5.0 with XP pro runs $240 that's a lot to spend for a program that only runs $30, no matter how useful it would be

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

caleb68 ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2003 at 3:49 AM

ah well that won't work then, was just a thought :/ i know win98 you can pick up really cheep (seen it as low as 49), and there are some really good poser utilities out there that are PC only :( I don't have access to a mac anymore, so im even out of luck there to learn any programming on one for any utility i put out. Too bad there's not a free emulator out there for the mac.

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2003 at 11:05 AM

This program does work on a Mac, under Virtual PC. There are currently no plans to write a Mac version of this application. cheers, Steve

Great Bizarro ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2003 at 11:19 AM

I just want a version written in C++! (just kidding) Great program, this was the 1st thing I wanted to see for V3 textures was a way to use all the existing and make creating new ones something a person could do. THANKS!!

Spit ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2003 at 4:06 PM

It really sounds great. don't have the bread right now and the UVS stuff is working fine (even subdividing mats) for me. But if more conversion types become available I'll most likely bite.

Great Bizarro ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 7:54 AM

Ok after using this product for several hours last night here are some program requests Seperate read & save directories so you can read from one and save to another without having to switch back & forth. Batch file conversion option. Adjustable outline addition, meaning I would like to be able to adjust how many pixels are added to the outline of the texture, some of my existing ones are ending up with seam lines. Not the programs fault, the fault of the original texture. And last(for now) A Posette to V2/3 & back conversion. Now my birthday is in July so I figure you can have it all done by then. ;-) I hope to be doing a few textures of my own for V3 now that I can create something from a photograph and will post them when done. Later GB

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 11:26 AM

Hi GB, Here's my comments: >>Seperate read & save directories I'll add this to my list of enhancements... >>Batch file conversion option Not a lot of demand for this. I'm also trying to keep the program dead easy to use, and this will complicate things significantly. >>Adjustable outline addition The border width already automatically adjusts itself according to the size of the input texture. It cannot "remove" seams that exist in original textures. >>A Posette to V2/3 & back conversion. I am currently develping a plug-in version of the program that will read in conversion modules (characters). Once it is done, you will be able to get a module for the character you wish to convert from/to, and slot it into the program. More details on all of these feature will be posted in the forum at www.3duniverse.co.za cheers, Steve

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 12:04 PM

Awsome! Would be cool to convert a Mike tex to the V3 male ;o). Laurie

Great Bizarro ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 4:02 PM

Great, can't wait. Ok folks, how about we ban together and do up a list of Vickie 2 textures and where they can be found. DW how about a way to turn off the warning msg.about too large a texture that may not render once we know the program is working with the setup we are running (enough memory to handle the big files and XP os). The reason I was asking about a batch conversion is because many textures for example Asia, have several selections of eye, lip, & nail colors that become a bit tedious doing one at a time(Just lazy on my part).

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 10:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3duniverse.co.za/forum/display_forum_topics.asp?ForumID=10

Hi all, For anyone interested, I've created a "wishlist" forum at 3D Universe. Pop over and give your suggestions on what you would like to see featured in the upgrade (GB - maybe you could repost some of your ideas there?). Also, let me know what figure you think I should add to the plugin version first... http://www.3duniverse.co.za/forum/display_forum_topics.asp?ForumID=10 cheers, Steve

Great Bizarro ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2003 at 7:45 AM

Ok, will do.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.