Fri, Oct 25, 5:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Could you all try to do poor old Misha a favor???

Misha883 ( ) posted Thu, 13 February 2003 at 7:11 PM ยท edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 5:38 PM

Over the next couple days, please try to be nice to each other. And after Michelle gets back, please try to be extra nice, and show her how much we all appreciate the dedication she (and Star, of course) are giving us. I honestly do not know if the moderators are compensated in any tangible way for the work they do here, but in any case it cannot be enough. Don't stop the in-depth discussions, but try to be NICE while participating. We are not going to ever solve the question of "What is Art," so discuss it lively, but don't take any of the answers too seriously. Please, no one now apologize while trying to re-explain your point of view. I know it is difficult to argue a point, and have the point dismissed and not taken seriously. But let it drop! We are photographers. We communicate best in images. The words just cause us to stumble. The fact is, regardless of the intent, several folks have been hurt here by words over the last couple days. In my life, there are many folks who daily hurt me with words; I do not need to come here to hear the same thing. Nor do I at all begrudge Michelle needing a vacation from this. I do hope she comes back. There is such wonderful talent here! And we can learn so much, even from those we may dissagree with. At best we will broaden our minds; at worst, we'll at least understand the opposition.

JordyArt ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2003 at 3:49 AM

I don't understand why people are getting so aggravated, personally. My posts are always half-hearted attempts at humour, and I didn't realise if any of them came over as seriously bitchin'. It's certainly extremely rare that I see a post from you lot as seriously aggravating..... insulting, yeah..... but as long as insults are aimed at me, I'm fine with that........lol You Americans (And Misha the Yank) are familiar with debate teams, yeah? (Us Brits are led to believe you have them from second grade upover or something....lol). That's how I perceive this place. If a thread becomes a debate, when that threads closed, it's done. We walk away, shake hands and have a soda together, ok? It certainly shouldn't become a battleground! hmmm.... but still, if it has become a battleground (and reading through recent threads there's only one that reads as having caused anything close to upset, actually) then yeah, we cool it. We talk about how cute the pussycats are, so to speak...... he he he (",)

zhounder ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2003 at 7:38 AM

Also keep in mind Jordy that in times like these no matter your POV that everyone can be a bit more sensative than usual. When countries are speaking of war and "weapons of mass destruction" everyone is a bit more emotional. Something said today may not be taken the same as something said say last year at this time. In times like these anything that is a common interest and takes us away from the stresses of life is a welcome distraction. If that distraction leads us back in any way to the turmoil in other parts of our lives... Well, y'all get the point. Magick Michael Who thinks he has lost it. He started dreaming about Harry Potter last night.

JordyArt ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2003 at 8:03 AM

Oh, so I'm to blame for it all then??? ROFL (",)

zhounder ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2003 at 8:08 AM

Hey we all have to blame somebody! Personally I blame Harry Potter. :-)~

MarcusExe ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2003 at 8:40 AM

We are not all the same... somebody jokes heavier, somebody hates jokes or doesn't understand them. Somebody falls easily in polemics, somebody puts much irony in his messages. All this should help us live one with each other... with time.

cynlee ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2003 at 12:46 AM

well, I'm ok now...I think... I was overly sensitive... hormones going beserk, ex taking me to court, whatever, the moon, the plastic covered homes, friends leaving...whatever, but I still love it here & know the gallery & such will pull out of this slump... spring is coming :) thank you for reaching out my friends

starshuffler ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2003 at 3:46 AM

Thanks for the request Misha. Honestly, Mich beat me to that vacation. Heheh... I agree, keep posting those photos (cat pics or otherwise) and those insightful views. I enjoy wading through all of them, everyday is a learning experience. I hate to say this, but I have to admit I was taken aback a bit by some of the posts, and I have felt at one point incompetent in delivering the goods. sigh Sometimes it's not easy to sit on the proverbial fence when you have to ya know. (*

JordyArt ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2003 at 6:36 AM

incompitent? In what way? Hey, a teahcer can control kindergarten, yeah, but even a Prime Minister can't control his own party...... what I'm saying is, we're all grown up and we're more than a handfull......lol ;) Cyn, glad to see you're ok(ish) - that's another side to this place, the fact that we've all got lives and troubles that everyone else here never really knows about. Changes the way you look at things here if you're bummed out over other things. I know... All we can do is wish each other everything in sorting everything else out too.... ok, all in a circle, join hands..... (",)

starshuffler ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2003 at 5:29 PM

I don't really feel like explaining right now, Mikey, but some of the posts of late are a bit abrasive for my taste. I hope it's just the weather. (*

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.