Sat, Sep 21, 5:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: I've had enough.... My final post.

Ikyoto ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 12:39 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 6:15 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

Attached Link: Go see for yourselves...

In an effor to keep from going off the deep end I posted a rant... it didn't help my attitude. Check the link. I will no longer be posting any messages or responding to any. I'll post stuff from time to time in Free Stuff and do what I can to help the staff here by buying things from the store... but the level of greed and willingness of people to let Jack and the rest of the staff here kill themselves trying to keep this site alive is too much. I have made some wonderful freinds here: Traveler, Jack, 3DSprite, Diane, picnic... hell there are more than I have room here to name. I will be happy to write back and forth with them, but unless the amount of simple decencey around here comes up every one else can go to hell. Those of you who are sitting there wondering why things are going so bad: Stop just sitting there. Use the damn sence you have - this site will die if people don't help support it. It cost a HELL of a lot of money and takes TONS of time. It has gotten so big it is not a on-line community center anymore.. it's a damn on-line city! To those who see the store as an attempt to turn this into a commercial site - grow the hell up. I said it in my post below and will say it again - If you want a free ride be ready to push the cart after you kill the horse. I started here when it was run by other people. I left with them untill I saw that this place was actully being run with an eye towards what was good for everyone. I am leaving now because the people running it are being spit at and no one will let me loose.. and as an ex-sniper/scout with the Thundering Third (USMC) I have a pretty nasty temper. I am not religious but there are some times when I do look up and ask "Why are the good things in life destined to get buried in crap? Are the people of the world just that damn short sighted and selfish?" Looks like you short sighted and selfish bastards have gotten rid of me. Enjoy it. Jack and staff: You people have too much heart. I can't stay here and see you guys be spit at. It kills me - I hate seeing the vile attitudes people are showing you! You all deserve simple respect and you have my deepest thanks for what you have built here. I can't stop people from being hateful towards you and I can't stay and see it continue. It is simpley not in my nature to stand by and see soemone's good works be torn apart. you know where to reach me.... I'm done.

Cris_Palomino ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 12:52 AM

I'm really sorry to hear what I heard from Ikyoto. I admit that I have been oblivious to some, but not all of what you speak of. I am so grateful to Jack and Trav and fyrhawk. I have learned so much, made some wonderful friends and have had a showcase for my work. If there is anything that I can do to repay what this place has done for me, please start asking. I hope things change sufficiently that you will return, Ikyoto. Cris

gsalas ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 1:14 AM

Hay man, if you have to, then you have to, i'll drop you a line here and there. Go in peace, my friend. -Gabe-

ThralLord ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 3:08 AM

Ikoyto, I agree with your position entirely, but silencing yourself isn't the answer. That would only make the voices of those who oppose what you believe in seem louder. We need your voice here, and at 'Rot!

LoboUK ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 4:42 AM

Damn it, that's real bad news Ikyoto. I've really enjoyed seeing your posts, and your wonderful sense of humour has often made me laugh out loud. I wish you all the best. You'll be missed... Paul

Lady Cherry ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 4:43 AM

Hi I am sort of an oldie but newbie to this community. Old in the respect that i signed up ages ago and stopped using poser for other things in life that were at precidence. However I am back into the swing of things and from all the help that i have gotten on silly, and hard issues is more than i could ever thank. The love goes beyond the knowledge of knowing the true you. Helpful to me and the community without self gain has been incredible, I dont think anyone here can ever say thier thank you's enough times for all the "How do Transparencies work?" or the "how do i change colors of a shirt?" Im sure you have heard these things more than you can fathom. Im sure it gets tough at times, I myself own a tremendously large channel on Irc that i constantly help people and people are greatful but sometimes you dont hear it enough and then you get the personal attacks. Then you wonder "Why am i doing this?" Then you get that one person that will practically cry because of all the help you have gave them. I wish to be that person to you, and say from the bottom of my heart and soul that we love you here and the selfless help you bring. As do alot of the others here in the community. Losing you or any of the others that support this site not only hurts me but all of us as a whole. Sometimes the best thing to do is just let the anger go and start the next day anew. My warm heart goes out to you and i hope the knowledge of you brightening up my day and life here in the community might change your mind. -Much Love and respect -Lady Cherry (Please E-Mail me if you wish to talk to me shadow4@tiac.net)

The Art Door and Rendervisions Community.
For Artists By Artists

Schunken ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 5:32 AM

I think thats part of life, because in every company you find poeple who work longer than the others, and in every club you find 10 poeple who do the whole work and 100 who take profit of it. But on the other hand it was the free and own decision of the poeple to do the work and they can stop everytime they want to stop... Sure it is sad that many poeple dont respect those Idealist, take profit and use the things and goods and time they are invest and after that start to critisize that poeple... But we will never change that situation, it will exist as long as human are exist... So thanks for your great work here and maybe you will be back in the future... I hope so... Andreas

3DSprite ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 6:12 AM

Ikyoto please don't stay quiet?? We need "friends" like you now more than ever before!!! Don't let them get to you, we have to keep standing up for the good things that make this place work! We need you buddy!! Peter

bast ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 6:37 AM

Ikyoto, I hope you will not leave. I would miss you. It is for people like you that we do work to keep the site growing and want to make it better for. We always knew you cared and appreciated everything, and I have always felt appreciative of your presence and all you contribute to the world. Liz

Stormrage ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 7:56 AM

Ikyoto.. I agree with Sprite.. Please don't stay silent... I love the way you are blunt with everyone when you state your opinion on this subject. Jack needs our vocal support too.. Besides I would miss you..too Storm

picnic ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 8:04 AM

Ikyoto, I think you are wrong to leave--other than you don't want to read the crap anymore. I have read the whole thing and find it pretty disgusting, quite honestly. However, leaving won't really accomplish anything for the crew and will cut you off from those of us who really enjoy your posts. I hope you reconsider. Some of the 'back room' stuff is a bit mystifying, but I consider myself a loyal part of this community--not walking 'in lock step' and feeling free to disagree if and when its important, but until something 'dire' occurs, I support whatever it takes to keep the site afloat (with hopes that everyone involved can benefit--Jack, Ed and the staff need to have a life away from here and NOT be financially at risk). I just hope we can get back to doing what this site does best. I left the 'other site' in protest because members were doing and saying things that offended me mightily and one COULD NOT respond. Here there are folks saying and doing things that offend me mightily, BUT----I CAN respond--and do. Just fire off your displeasure and anger and support these guys by continuing to be part of the community--OKAY??? (pleeeeeeeeeeease G). Diane B (picnic)

leeroy5 ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 8:53 AM

hm, what can i say? first, yes i am more a silent member how use more then he can give too this great family. yes, i am a not big money use from germany with a bad broken english and not all i read i understand. But i will doing all i can too save this site, this family with out ther poser is a fine looking PORSCHE without a engine. leeroy5

Sprout ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 11:05 AM

Well said Iky :O) and Take care you are already missed Sprout

texboy ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 12:25 PM

Ikyoto, I agree with every word you say and will miss you. As Liberace used to say, I'll be looking at the moon, but I'll be seeing you. Semper fi, Marine! --Paul (texboy)

thip ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 1:46 PM

Hi, Ikyoto Haven't been a R'osityite for more than a few months, but the knowhow and material I've already picked up has been beyond praise, so I'll butt into this debacle anyway - I'd hate to see this site go. Having looked for myself at the free-for-all that poor Storm unwittingly started, I must say I agree with picnic. Starting an exodus of all the talented people from R'osity is not going to improve matters. Whatever the pros and cons of opening a commercial corner on R'osity, any creator (free-stuff or commercial) watching the net's largest Poser site go down in flames of bickering will probably find something better to do with their time and business asap. I for one would miss both species - I use their work on a daily basis. And without the knowledge exchange in the forums, R'osity will only be half a site. Please - remember the semper fi.

robert.sharkey ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 2:07 PM

Hello Ikyoto, I stay in this community since january 2000. In this time a have learned a lot and find maybee here and there a new friend. Since the time as i was abble to post something i had done it. Only for fun and to see what other people can do with my creations, because i'm not the best image-composer. I hope you don't go away, because one goes as 1st and maybee others will do the same. That would make me sad. I don't know many of the USMC (have read to books) but i remember of one picture named "IWO JIMA". That picture says to me "STAND UP AND NEVER GIVE UP". (Please forgive me if i have written something wrong) Robert Egli from Switzerland alias SHARKEY

uriel ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 2:23 PM

Please excuse my intrusion at this point, but I know Ikyoto and have for many years. He had attempted to post a reply in the thread he references above, but that missive from him seems to have gone astray. In toto: He is not going away. He is only going to become a contributor to "Free Stuff" and will continue to help people by responding to their inquiries via private messages and email. I, on the other hand, being almost as conversant with creation as he, will be here from time to time to assist as I can. It was his frustration at being unable to defend his friends from the harsh and often unwarranted treatment they have been subjected to that drove him "underground". He is of very strong convictions and of very harsh temperament. He, like others, will need time to let the wounds received and seen inflicted heal. Yours, Uriel

FishNose ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 2:29 PM

Hey, Ikyoto, there's a great set of 'cuffs over at Renderotica I think I'll bring over here, and then we'll chain you to the wall, and you won't go ANYPLACE! Nekkid, of course. No seriously, don't go 'way, hang around. C'mon.......... :]FishNose

Tribe ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 2:41 PM

Ikyoto, I have enjoyed you humour...and will miss it too:( You must do what you feel is right... PeACe, Tribe.

markm ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 4:12 PM

I hate to see you go underground man, I know I don't know you or anything but anybody who is ex-military feels like family to me (I was in the 19th air refueling wing USAF) . I hope you don't let the rest of these knuckleheads around here keep you from posting , I wouldn't give them the satisfaction. Personally, I like the store being here I am thinking of selling something in it as soon as I think of something worth selling that is.

jval ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 4:17 PM

My, my... I only pop by occasionally but has it really come to this? I know there has been some resistance towards the store & have even commented in favour of it here & there in a few of the threads. Of all the Renderosity members I suspect only the most vocal of us are likely to post messages. Well, lurkers... perhaps it is time for those of you who think the convenience of a local store in addition to all the free stuff might be a good thing stand up & be counted. Options are a good! thing. Helping our friends is a good! thing. Paying our way where necessary is a good! thing. Or instead just be greedy & think of yourself. Think of all the stuff you're going to miss if Renderosity is not here. All the models, the textures, the props ya jes' ain't gonna have no mo no mo...

Foxhollow ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 4:31 PM

OK, you know you've been thru many of these bullshit incidents before, IK, and they all pass and we get on. Sit down, pour a few brews and bend Posette into some inimaginable poses...take a little break from the aholes and come on back. Just wouldn't be the same without you, so you're not ALLOWED to walk out! :D Foxhollow

jnmoore ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 5:18 PM

What's the big deal over the store? These same people have spent, collectively, thousands of hours making things for all of us and giving them away to anyone who wants them. No one has yet made it a condition of membership that you must buy from the store to retain your membership in the forum, so if you don't like the store DON'T GO THERE. Ikyoto is 100% on target -- let's show a little more respect for everyone here. -Jim

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 8:57 PM

I'M BAAAACK! I got the chips and beer and salami and.................did I miss something? Scarab <-looking confused as ever......

Dr Zik ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 9:59 PM

Hi Folks! Ikyoto, if the Renderosity announcement is true, and this Forum actually has several thousand members, I'm willing to wager these complainers are statistically and actually a very small number indeed. No one with your immense talent and who has contributed as much to the life of this Forum as you have should leave it with a bitter taste in your mouth. I hope you'll reconsider and continue to have an active involvement in Renderosity. Peter (Dr Zik)

Sangelia ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2000 at 11:22 AM

Ikyoto, have you ever heard of the book "Retreat?,HELL" it is about marines who never gave up the fight for what is right. my late dad had the book once

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2000 at 3:13 PM

Iky, Of course I knew of your decision because you told me about it, but I just now finally found this post. I had to wade through pages and pages to find it. I don't blame you for your decision at all. It's draining to care so much about a place and see posts degenerate into what we've seen here recently. It's too hard not to be drawn into these debates when you care, and we all have better things to do with our time. I know how much you care, and I also know you are supporting this site in your own way. For those who might not realize, Ikyoto has not really left, he has just chosen to give his support (and believe me, it is SUPPORT) in a different and infinitely more valuable way. THANK YOU for caring! I am proud to count you as a friend!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.