Fri, Sep 20, 7:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Contest Announcements

Welcome to the Contest Announcements Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Contest Announcements F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 1:44 am)

Subject: Now heres a contest with a differance

andix ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2003 at 1:55 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:29 AM

We want your impressions of us....how you see us.

Prizes for anyone who either gets close, or makes us laugh. We're not after brown nosing and gushing adoration...any such entries will not win anything.

Please post entries to this thread, and we'll be announcing winners as we go....how many depends on the number of entries.....

So check out our products HERE and our home page, which is HERE and then get telling us what you think.

All prizes will be coming from our store, and for particulary good entries, we may ask the author to choose their own prize. How much more incentive do you need? Get to it! Images may also be used, for the more adventurous.

:-)

3dmodelz

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2003 at 2:39 PM

My 1st impression is that your Homepage link in your post does not work, it's a dead link. Checking out your products now....

andix ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2003 at 5:02 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.ez?Who=andix

oops. left out a question mark in the url....

FrankJann ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2003 at 10:10 PM

Hmmm... Not quite sure which definition of impression you were going for...so let's go with comic literal... (computer voice) Hello...we are andix...we are purveyors of death and destruction...you will purchase our wares...you will make renders of death and destruction...we will sell you a church and it will have props that center mainly around graves...we will sell you an entire city of the dead...we will sell you the machinery of war and the city of atlantis so that you may destroy it and depict it in ruins...but wait, there's more...Necropolis 67 and Atlantis 48 come out next week...you will be assimilated...we are andix...have a nice day... Frank (disclaimer: above was intended only to provoke laughter. If any anger was evoked, I apologize. I may not be andix, but at least I can be an andix supporter.)

andix ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2003 at 2:46 AM

well it made us laugh...although Necropolis 67 and Atlantis 48 wont be out until next month.... ok Frank, pick yourself a prize mate. Any item you would like from our Renderosity store. :-) And its as easy as that! Feel free to interpret the question in any way you like people, and like we say, theres potentially prizes for all.....just make us giggle!

genny ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2003 at 8:50 AM

file_49438.jpg

Well, I personally love you because every now and then you "go MAD" and put your things up for sale at prices I simply can't resist! I am a person who firmly believes.....you got to spend money to save money! LOL! Of course my husband may not agree, but what the Heck.....(: I thought that this was a contest for "images" so I made one, using your 3DmodelsZ, and Atlantis. Of course, I had a few other new toys I wanted to try out, so....here goes.Credits: 3dModelsZ-V2, Atlantis, Squid by Pamola, Koshini by Littlefox, toonfish by Daz, Mike's sandles, and Anton's Olympian outfit for Vicky. Now, you got to ask yourself, Did Koshini feed the poor little fishy to the Squid?????????? Genny

genny ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2003 at 10:14 AM

file_49439.jpg

Nope.....she could not do it.........She decided instead, to feed the HouseMouse to the squid. Unfortunately, Squiddy, does not approve, or even like "mice".......oh well...........back to the drawing board. (: Genny

genny ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2003 at 11:54 AM

file_49440.jpg

Well, after the failure of trying to feed the housemouse to "Squiddy"........Koshini decided to take the Marlin off her Dad's wall, (so what if it is stuffed, he's a squid, how would he know?) To her surprise, HE DID KNOW, and doesn't want any part of it! She will now have to go find something for him to eat soon, otherwise.........who knows what is going to happen? Genny

genny ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2003 at 4:09 PM

file_49441.jpg

Last one, I promise...........(: Finally, Koshini has found something that both she and the Squid can agree on. Genny

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2003 at 4:13 PM

That is a cute series, Genny. I looked forward to each installment. :)

andix ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2003 at 4:15 PM

MWAHAHA......mad....us? lol. that may just be more apt than you realise.....but regardless of the actual validity of the statement, the way your post seems to have bimbled off on its own little tangent is worth a prize in its own right, so the link should be in your IM's by now. Frank, you should also have a link by now as well. :-) and we'd love to know what does happen next Genny....

genny ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2003 at 4:25 PM

Thank you, Andix (: I apologize for going off on my own tanget.......but I finally have a day off, and sometimes I just can't help my-self. (: Genny

andix ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2003 at 4:48 PM

no apology necessary Genny....its raised a few smiles here.... best wishes 3dmodelz

shadowblade ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2003 at 6:38 PM

My impression? Oh, but that is soooo easy. I can sum it up in one word - DESTITUTION! Yes, destitution! That is what I face. That is the curse you have placed on my hapless being. Release after release, product after product and each whispering, "buy me, buy me!" Yet, do you stay your hand? Nay! My cats go hungry, my landlord grows angry. And, still, with merciless persistence, you churn out irresistable gems. With no care that I no longer have time to sleep, with no tinge of conscience that I must work endless hours of overtime, with no mercy at my plight, you continue to bury me under the architectures of time and history. Drowning in my need, floundering in my desire. Still you go on, never resting, never hesitating. You are my bane and will be my doom. DESTITUTION, what other impression could there be? Tearfully, shadowblade

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2003 at 9:16 PM

file_49442.jpg

I like Genny's better, but she encouraged me to join in, so this is how I see you. What I look for in anything I buy or use are ideas that I might not have otherwise entertained without it. So, for better or worse, I see you as a collaborator, accomplice, or conspirator...take your pick.

andix ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 5:15 AM

Shadowblade - you own cats? we cant let your feline furrballs suffer, so a prize is on its way to you...interesting observation...dogs have owners, Cats have staff..... ;-) you do make it sound like we're peddling something dangerous and addictive, so as a quatumn physicist, is satisfaction quantifiable? It must be really, since happiness is something that Governments don't want us to have, so they give us religeon, tv, and external enemies to keep us distracted from the pursuit of it.... Dialyn - collaborator conjures up images of Vichy France circa 1942.. :-( conspirator on the other hand... :-) although we seem to be back in shady areas of life....we prefer perpetrators, but we all enjoy a good conspiracy theory, so another prize bites the dust :-) IM's on the way to you both in about 10 minutes when ive finished writing them :-) keep em coming.....plenty more to go yet....

Caly ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 11:23 AM

Err... you scared me. sniff I went over and I saw the glowy-eyed pictures. Well, ok, I thought. Maybe they had a really bad camera problem with the red-eye bit. Then I went to the gallery and the guy in Contemplation had some serious skin issues...! But when I looked at the Necropolis! That was the last straw- ause in the gallery it had skeletons! eeeep I ran away quick and took shelter in your lovely Atlantis. While waiting I played a game of chess (hope you don't mind I used your cool 3d chess set!) with your buddy the Orc. lol Vicki got tired of the plain 'Ye Olde Poser Temple' long ago, and thanks you for the magically diverse environments you create for her and her 3d buds to play in/with. She's especially grateful for your bench. She gets tired of standing around with that lovely rapier of yours. ;)

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Irish ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 3:55 PM

file_49443.jpg

"WELL SOMEONE ORDERED IT!!!" Little Pizza Guy is kind of upset...Guard says no one ordered pizza. Neocropolis, PhilC's PageBoy, Daz Michael with Adventurer Outfit. :) Irene

pizazz ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 8:10 PM

file_49444.jpg

A Pray from "JAIL" Please, grant me the Serenity to accept the things that Andix creates. Courage to create images with these items (some of which I don't really know what to do with). Give me wisdom to know the difference between nice happy type props and the props of war and destruction. I promise to never overdraw my account or write another bad check for Andix products again. And please, I pray for help for my addiction, and give me strength to resist if they ever start selling hair or clothes for Vicki.

Ravenism ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 8:26 PM

3.. 2.. 1.. MOD: And we're back from commercial. With us now are two of the most popular folks around, Vicky and Mike! How ya doing? VICKY: Doing good Mod, nice to be here. MIKE: Agreed, it's great to be here. MOD: OK, so, today were talking about 3DModelz! VICKY: What?? My agent didn't mention that! Out of all my accomplishments we have to talk about 3DModelz? MIKE: Great.. just when therapy had helped me with nightmares.. MOD: So, um, Mike.. this seems to be a touchy subject. MIKE: Of course, you know how tired I am of people dressing me up like G.I.Joe just to fit into some war scene? VICKY: What are you complaining about? You know how sick I am of being a stinking mermaid? It's bad enough people expect me to be able to pose in "swimming" positions without breaking my mesh.. but can't they at least find some seashells I can cover up with? MIKE: Hey.. it is "3D" graphics.. VICKY: Thate does NOT mean "triple D", if you want that find my cousin voluptous.. give a girl some respect! MIKE: Like my loin cloths are any better.. let alone haveing me prance around the cute little Unicorn Farm. Ugh! MOD: So, you two seem to have a few requests of your "users".?? VICKY: You bet! Keep me OUT of the darn Humvee, I do NOT like being dressed in bikinis and placed in combat scenes. And if you are going to make me "queen of Atlantis", buy me some shells! MOD: Sounds reasonable enough. What about you Mike? MIKE: OK. Well, I don't mind the combat scenes, but when you throw me in the alleyways, can't I be HELPING save Vicky rather than being hideously malformed and trying to kill her? Second, if you ARE gonna stick me in a nice forrest scene, or serene outdoor.. MOD: Um, Mike, we're talking about 3DModelz.. MIKE: Oh yeah.. total destruction/armagedeon scenarios.. Hey, speaking of armagedeon, maybe me "saving" the planet instead of destroying it would be nice for a change? VICKY: Yeah, mike gets the girl, I get the dork.. MIKE: Oh yeah, bash my bro P4 while we're here why don't ya!! MOD: Well.. this has gone WAY off topic.. so we'll cut to commercial. Coming up, the Millenium girls are here, and we show you 10 ways to keep your dragons from devouring all other P4 animals!

genny ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 9:41 PM

LOL! You guys are tooooo funny! Genny

andix ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 2:22 AM

Caly-Ha! those pics were doctored some to make us look more human not less! But aplogies for the scare :-) think you can console yourself with a prize? Irene-We'll take the pizza....mmmmmmm, pizza....looks around at the pile of empty pizza boxes stackes behind monitor...........a prize methinks Pizzaz...we're still trying to work out how to do cute and fluffy...every time we try something goes wrong and it ends up dark and twisted shrug*....another prize Ravenism....lmao...so Vicky's still having nighmares huh? It wasn't our fault, honest!...definately another prize!!! ok, IM's on the way to all four of you, give me five minutes to wake up and write them.... Right, so everyone's a winner so far...we like that!

Caly ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 7:28 AM

lol That was you trying to look more human? Oh dear oh dear... ;D Thank you very much! Now I'm having a hard time deciding on the treat. :)

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Irish ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 6:59 PM

Absolutely marvellous!! Thank you very very much! ...and sorry about the pizza - next time champaigne and caviar! :) Irene

glassylady ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 8:23 PM

but that is the only word that can describe the wonderful objects that the 3 of you create. Question? DO you ever sleep? I can't get more than a square box done in 3D modeling software. You guys are just toooooo much... Champaigne and Caviar in a private restaurant with a beautiful model for each of you!!!

Porthos ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2003 at 2:23 PM

At least you can do a box Glassylady - I can't even do THAT! lol!

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

andix ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2003 at 10:21 AM

not even going to try and retype that one.... sleep.....hmmm....yes, we remember that....well reminded...further prize

miraty ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2003 at 1:30 AM

Having my go at this. ---------------------------------------------------- On some magazine columns Fun facts to know and tell: ANDIX is just another abbreviation for Another Neolithic Disaster Intelligently X-engineered. Addictive as ever: 3DWorldz, intelligent toys that you want to play for hours and hours, even Mama says you can do your homework later. ---------------------------------------------------- Atlantis has always fascinate me with its mystery. Your version of Atlantis is very nice, esp Atlantis 3 and I hope someday they will come as a set lol. Now, why did I get the feelin my pocket's gonna sink...

andix ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2003 at 2:12 AM

Another Neolithic Disasater intelligently X-engineered. rotflmfao stops laughing long enought to gasp....a prize!

pokeydots ( ) posted Sun, 23 March 2003 at 9:04 AM

Well you know I had this big long story about you 3 and it was very good. Sad to say, my computer ate my homework! But on a good not I can still try and describe you 3 :) I think you guys are, the 3 musketeers, rolled in with the 3 stooges, and the beatles. Why you say??? Well, you seem to come to the rescue when it comes to needing just the right prop for a scene, and obviously you do it for us poor folk, cause your prices reflect that! 3stooges?? Well you guys have to be nutty to have a contest wher we all get to talk about you :) The beatles because I see lots of fans of your models standing in line screaming to buy something of yours :) Is this to sappy? Well then I would say you guys are a crazy, derelict alley sort of bunch who don't know the difference between a 7-11 and video store, and you leave many bridges to be crossed, and obviously you all are out of this Worldz! lol I'm just kidding! Don't shoot me with them there scuds I saw in your store :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

charley_mojo ( ) posted Mon, 24 March 2003 at 10:21 AM

You asked how we saw you. Well hear it is. 000111000111000100010010010. Ah the beauty of digital artwork not really tangible is it? Whenever my better half spends money on computer models or programs I always ask him if he got enough zeros and ones for his money. If only I could put all of the zeros and ones in my bank account I think I could take that long awaited holiday to the Worldz!

firefly ( ) posted Mon, 24 March 2003 at 9:29 PM

amusement/de-stressing!!! This whole contest/thread has been making me giggle alot!! Thanks all :)

andix ( ) posted Tue, 25 March 2003 at 2:19 AM

Pokeydots....that sounds like a "Dog ate my homework" sorta excuse...but no matter, I believe you already have your prize. Lmao@charley_mojo....theres a copy of 110001001110101 on the way to you... why, thank-you firefly. With all the stress and bad karma going on, it's nice to be able to provide a bit of amusement.

pokeydots ( ) posted Tue, 25 March 2003 at 10:56 AM

lol Andix, yes I got my prize :) Thank you very much!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

andix ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2003 at 3:17 PM

Thank-you to everyone who participated. No doubt we will do somethign equally amusing sometime soon. with best wishes to all 3dmodelz

genny ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2003 at 3:31 PM

I most certainly Hope YOU do! Thank you, andix.....you are the greatest! (: Genny

andix ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2003 at 3:39 PM

We are just here to serve...glad we made a few people happy. :-)

coramadZ ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2003 at 4:05 PM

Damn, Damn, DAMN Mountain standard time!!! By my clock, it's only 15:00:00 right now... FWIW, having looked at your pictures, your products, and read your responses to various postings, I envision you three in a large, high ceilinged room, with a huge pile of wooden building blocks in one corner, to stack together in a myriad of ways to inspire your creations, a small table on one wall with the ubiquitous coffee pot, and a secret stash of kopi luper beans (the weird expensive ones predigested in some animal's gut), no windows, and only the spooky glow of your monitors to light the joint... hell, even plastic plants would wilt in you guys' studios...

andix ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2003 at 4:09 PM

theres always got to be an exception to prove the rule....since it's so close to the end, and made us laugh, what the heck, a final prize :-)

genny ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2003 at 4:22 PM

(: that is "EXACTLY" what I am talking about! You are just tooooooooooo coooool, andix.........SO, don't let anyone tell you different!!!!! (: "You", are the "exception" to the rule.(: Thank you for all your freebies, thank you for your "you gotta be Mad" sales, and thank you for just "Being" YOU. (: Genny

andix ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2003 at 4:35 PM

:-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.