Tue, Oct 22, 1:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Koshini Update UP!

littlefox ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2003 at 6:03 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:00 PM

Koshini's update is up and working (If you downloaded the update before the 14th, you'll want to get the new one). Let me know if there are any further bugs that pop up and I'll be on them just as quick as I can!! New clothing pack is being checked over by the Beta Testers. Hopefully I'll hear back on which textures they like and any bugs this weekend so that I can get Pack #2 to Daz soon... keep your eyes on the product Forum for Updates! And for those of you wanting the Hokusai's Manikin for Vicky to Koshini Clothes conversion, I've got it up on my website for now, though I'm not sure how well my bandwidth will like it. ;) Share it as you see fit and if someone wants to host a mirror, let me know. www.ladylittlefox.com/3dArt.html I think the JP Pose is right, but it's the first time I've done one of those so if someone is better at making them, have at it!!!!! ;) HUGS!!!!! Keep the cuteness coming!!! Littlefox

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2003 at 6:15 PM

hmmm, I bought mine this morning, should I go to get the update? Sharen

pigfish ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2003 at 6:16 PM

I am so happy to see the manikin for Koshini. She is just so adorable and deserves to steal of of Vicki's clothes.

littlefox ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2003 at 6:23 PM

Way to test if you've got the newest update: Look at the'Eye - Real' Morph on the Head. If you change it to 0 and it makes her eyes look like the normal Pupil/Iris config rather than anime eyes and they don't have ring around the Iris (a white or or pale ring through the middle of the iris), then everything is cool ;) You won't need the update ;) Hugs! Grins, now I'm not an expert with the Manikin usage, The people who used the V2-V3 conversion would be help on that one, Hokusai is just an incredible wizard at this stuff and was a real sweet heart to help me. He's been' officially dubbed Koshini's Crazy Uncle Nakagawa! Hugs the stuffing out of him if he's lurking here Thanks so much! Littlefox

Porthos ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2003 at 7:04 PM

Thank you Littlefox - you're a gem! :)

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

LilWolff ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2003 at 8:51 PM

Thanks Littlefox, on my way to update. I am really having a lot of fun with that adorable little Koshini. :-)

rasputina ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2003 at 9:19 PM

oh, must check out the update, Koshini is such a gem, I'll keep repeating it lol

genny ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2003 at 10:06 PM

Thank You, Littlefox. (: Genny

ming ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2003 at 8:52 AM

Where's the update ?

mickmca ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2003 at 9:14 AM

The Koshini page says the "shoes and bikini" are in the clothing pak. Clothing pak 2? Might want to clear this up at DAZ. I almost bought the clothing pak, then noticed they didn't seem to be included. I'd have been pretty grumpy if I had bought without noticing. Mick

compiler ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2003 at 10:50 AM

Thanks for the info Littlefox. I checked your WIP page and I really wish you can come up with your Valentine koshini centaur some day ! The sketch looks hypercute !

littlefox ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2003 at 7:30 PM

RE: Update Update is on Koshini's purchase page on www.Daz3d.com. Go to the bottom of the page and you should see it. ;) RE: Bikini Yeah I've poked them about 4 times on this since the day it was originally posted, unfortunately the guy who assured me that they'd get it fixed the last three times I mentioned it was out of the office on Friday.... blah....I was ULTRA CLEAR when I submitted their requested replacement popups without nudity that the Bikini wasn't included and if it was a problem to contact me and I'd work up something else. They used it but apparently someone wasn't getting their Memos. Bikini is in Pack #3: Island Girl, which is currently just finishing modeling, some pieces aren't even poseable yet and none of its been textured! If it isn't fixed Monday I'll call them and poke them yet again. RE: Valentine! Oh I am so looking forward to the time to get her off the sketch book and onto modeling ;) I'm a huge centaur fan as in evidence by my front page ;P Glad you like her! Sorry for the long space between replies. Was at the in-laws most of the day getting free babysitting for the munchkin while I got the day off ;P HUGS! Littlefox

pigfish ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2003 at 6:26 AM

Do I apply thew new Manikkin morph to Koshini or to the existing Manikkin? I've tried applying it to the Manikkin's body in Poser 5 but it locks up. I know I need to have a figure that is both Vicky and Koshini compatible to use as the figure in Tailor. Koshini is just dying to wear all of Vicky's clothing but I can't figure out how to convert it! Thanks

littlefox ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2003 at 7:53 AM

Hmmmms okay I'm not sure what's causing the lockup but yes what you're supposed to do is apply the Koshini Morph for the Manikin body. Then use the Manikin in Tailor. Now I didn't try it in P5 to add the morph..... very strange that it would lock up like that...... Hmmmm might try Morph Manager and see if you can add it that way. Let us know if it works, I'm hoping Hokusai or someone else who has gotten it to work posts soon because I'm a beginner at this sort of thing and am not positive I can help all that much... other than to say remember to turn off the IK chains in the legs of the clothing and that Koshini only has 4 fingers, not 5 ;) Hugs! Littlefox

pigfish ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2003 at 7:47 PM

Well, I solved one problem (probably two) by adding the morph in Poser 4 to her HIP. You have to have hip selected and not body. The hip morph changes the whole body of the manikkin to Koshini's shape. Now, it's on to the Tailor and some test runs...

littlefox ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2003 at 7:52 PM

Can't wait to see if it works well ;)!!

pigfish ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2003 at 11:59 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_50337.jpg

Things did not go well with the Manikkin. I tried it on eleven outfits: Anton's Egytpians; Bat's Kawa Rev4 and Fetish Gear; Daz's Dresscoat Italia, Popstar, and Period Dress; Rubio's Dress 20; RDNA's Pinky Dress; and PoserWorld's, Waitress, Picnic Dress and Tight Evening Dress. I can post other pics if it will help. Since the morph is attached to the hip and not to the body, the Tailor does not make it one body morph where you turn one dial like with the V3 morph. And the results were not good. The hip and abdomen morphs are so small and out of place that they disappear from the front. The thigh morph seems to distort that part of the object. The chest morph seems to do well but the lower arm, shoulder, and collar end up too low. The shoes end up spread outside her feet. The V3 pose file doesn't help even when applied to Koshini and the clothes. A new pose file to raise the Y-axis on the shirt or top of the outfit and to move the footwear in on the X-axis might help. That is beyond me. Any suggestions anyone?

pigfish ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 12:04 AM

file_50338.jpg

The collar goes crazy, too, as you can see in this picture.

pigfish ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 12:07 AM

file_50340.jpg

Here is a good example of the thigh distortion

pigfish ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 12:09 AM

file_50341.jpg

Here is a side picture so you can see what the hip, abdomen and thight morphs are doing. I applied all morphs at 1.0 on the dial as with the V3 conversion in these pictures. I tried dialing up and down on the Koshini morph dial but that didn't help either.

littlefox ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 12:17 AM

Hmmmms and peers.... my first guess is that I might have messed up the JP Pose... it's uniformly moving the joints down from the hips but keeping the rest the same....... hmmm anyone out there any better at making a JPPose? I followed the directions once before but not sure what exactly might have gone wrong..... let me see if I can upload the exact CR2 that I used to make the Adventurers.... maybe..... we can eliminate one of the two possible problems.... http://www.ladylittlefox.com/Koshini Manikkin.cr2 Let us know if that helps at all? I'm betting it's my JP though

littlefox ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 12:32 AM

And Just pulled up my just before Final JP (Hadn't gone back through it to clean up stuff so I may have cleaned up something I aughtn't...) And it appeared to work.... http://www.ladylittlefox.com/JP-Koshini.pz2

littlefox ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 12:33 AM

Quick note, remember to turn off the IK chains in the legs after applying the JP pose

pigfish ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 1:32 AM

Doh! Missed your pose the first time. I was trying the V3 pose. No wonder it didn't work! Let me try again with the right pose and I'll post the results. I have to log off first because my P5 doesn't like the Net.

pigfish ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 4:33 AM

file_50342.jpg

Okay, I tried it again with the RIGHT pose this time. I still had mixed results. Some of the items converted really well--as long as Koshini doesn't move out of the set pose (and that's a shame). In particular, the forearms are really bad about staying with the body. Also, almost every skirt and dress have the tent at the front like you normally get when a figure sits down. I'll post all the results except for the Kawa set (I forgot to save the render). The Kawa set had holes at the sides of the shirt and the boots didn't fit very well at the shins. Oh well, this still gets the items much closer in size for still posing. I think miss Kohipatra looks stunning in the first picture.

pigfish ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 4:35 AM

file_50343.jpg

This one looks pretty good, too.

pigfish ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 4:37 AM

file_50344.jpg

This looks good except the forearm is a little too tight. Nothing so bad it can't be manually adjusted.

pigfish ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 4:39 AM

file_50345.jpg

The hips are a little odd but the shoes came out great!

pigfish ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 4:41 AM

file_50346.jpg

This is the last of the potentially usable outfits. Even with this one, the gloves, skirt and boots are too tight but I think it wouldn't be too hard to work around those problems.

pigfish ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 4:43 AM

file_50347.jpg

This is another example of hips that won't cooperate. I'm not sure if it's a glute or thigh problem.

pigfish ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 4:45 AM

file_50348.jpg

I don't know what happened here but neither the dresscoat nor the boots worked. The dresscoat has an abdomen and abdomen1 both of which had the Koshini morph. However, the figure also had body parts for each thigh but no Koshini morph on either one.

pigfish ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 4:46 AM

file_50349.jpg

The top came out fine on this one but the pants are a mess.

pigfish ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 4:48 AM

file_50350.jpg

The DAZ Period Dress didn't work very well, either. The shoes came out fine but you can't see them in this picture :(

pigfish ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 4:51 AM

file_50351.jpg

This is the last one. I'm not complaining about what we have, I'm trying to figure out what is wrong so that those of you with the talent can possibly make them better. I have no suggestions for solutions, I'm only beta testing... I'm not sure what happened to this dress but I know the nomenclature for the dress parts was odd. It has left leg and right leg; left flare and right flare, etc. rather than normal Millennium-type names for the parts below the hips. That could definitely cause problems.

littlefox ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 7:04 AM

Okay heres a couple of things that might help... Non-conforming arms, go through and make sure the Forearm on Koshini and on Vicky's clothing match in spelling and capitalization....To do this, click on the offending body part on Koshini, go to properties, check the exact spelling of the body part, then go to the clothing item that isn't behaving, properties, and reenter the name of the body part using the Koshini spelling. Not Positive this will help, I was having the same problem on the Adventurers early on and did a correction rotation to fix it. Next.... on the hips problem, I'm willing to bet some of the problem stems from there's nothing in the JP Pose to deal with skirt joints only parts that corespond to body parts. So when there's a part on the skirt that has no matching Koshini Part, it's leaving it on the Victoria scale ( Yeah it's been vicky morphed but it still thinks the hip is at Vicky's height )... thus horking pretty hard. You may be able to TransY it down to the right position and scale it a bit to make it behave itself. Here's one of the old threads on V2-V3 conversion. Any one of these folks would likely be infinitely more capable of problem solving on this one.... just hoping they're reading this now so they can let us know ;) http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1021562

LordNakagawa ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 6:57 PM

Well when I made mannikin I hoped I could use it to convert clothing for all availabel madels- Such as p4 man clotyhing to V3... well it doe snot work well when there there is a big diference in body size and type. Can someone post some converteed CR2 files so i can take a look? I have all the BAT stuff.

ivyroses ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 9:50 PM

file_50352.jpg

I got her dressed with minimal post work. I scaled the clothes down to 80% or so. There were just a few spots where the t-shirt needed touching up. I used Never Enough for her clothing/boots & Areophany of Mars for the hair.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.