Tue, Oct 22, 1:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: Probably a naive question about the eyes in Poser 5.

Ariah ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2003 at 12:12 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:15 PM

Here goes: After using the face room, the scale cahnges and so on and so forth. I have to rescale the head (105%). But the eyes - they seem not to be affected and either pop out of the head or sink into the eye sockets.

Ok, I can fix them with the dials, but what can I do to make them permanently put in the sockets the way I want them?

Every time I apply a pose from the library, eye pop out again.

I know: I can use the Lock Actor or Memorise Element/ Restore Element function - but is there something I can do to make them stay IN the head and still be movable (up/down/sides)?

Hey, it's a stupid question, I know, but bothers me very much. I can do pretty complicated things with my Poser, but that is just like black magic. Any suggestions or tips? Thanks in advance...

nzm ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2003 at 4:37 PM

Have you used the SR-2 update ?

Ariah ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2003 at 11:49 PM

Yes; just as it went out. I've been waiting for a new update quite eagerly...

nzm ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 2:39 AM

What you descibed was a common problem before SR-1 & 2. It was solved with the new Eye-Dials " NewRightEye/NewLeftEye" .If you have those dials I"m lost.

nzm ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 2:59 AM

Those eyes must be children of the head, are they ?

Ariah ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 7:04 AM

I have those dials and I'm at a loss too. Yes, I believe the eyes are children to the head. I tried solving the problem with the Joint Editor and Hierarchy Editor and only partly acomplishing the aim. You know, the up/down function went totally wild and turned the eyes around, as if my figure was totally intoxicated:) Really. I solved that out in the Joint Editor. I thought that maybe there is a place in the programme where I can write down the position I want the eyes to take forever ever, amen! Anyway, thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll try out the 'new' dials again. Who knows, maybe it's 'material fatigue' (I work loooong hours on the figure and the computer dies, the memory is nearly out - the usual thing).

marco-xxx ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 8:06 AM

After Creating a new face in face room I don't use "apply shape" but "spawn morphs" so I have a new morph in head (called "head") and a new morph for each eye ("righteye" and "letfeye"); if you set to 1 this morphs, you have the face made in face room, and you don't need scaling. As soon, excuse my bad english

mickmca ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 8:51 AM

Like Marco-xxx said, the key is using Spawn Morph and then adjusting the three dials it creates--one on the head and one on each eye.

Ariah ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 9:54 AM

Thanks everyone. The problem is I applied morphs, not shape. I once did that mistake and will never do it again. I liked the outcome, but the materail for lips was lost and the whole bunch of other face materials, substituted by one FaceRoom material. Who came up with that idea anyway? It's totally impractical. OK, So I've created new material selections for the face of my figure, but as I'm hoping to put her on sale, I can't live with that. I want to do a clean, neat figure, without that material 'lips' pointing to nothing... The result of my long discussion is: I applied one morph only. And the eyes went mad. Perhaps it's my version of Poser (tricky, doesn't like me, wants a break).

mickmca ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 11:09 AM

Attached Link: http://www.dancingbadger.com/poser/faceroom00.html

Ok. If you spawn a morph, you do NOT create a faceroomSkin, but you do have to live with three morph dials. However, can't you spawn a morph from the Pose room, with all three Face room morphs set to 1.0, and thus combine them? One way to restore the original texture, if that is your wish, is to replace the faceroomSkin image map with the one you want. BTW, in spite of cues in the texture preview that suggest otherwise, faceroomSkin only replaces the SkinHead, Lips, Eyesockets (go figure), and Nostrils. If you save your Face room texture as an image map, rather than applying it, you will get a 512 x512 texture that you can use selectively. Short commercial: I have a Face room tutorial at my site that covers a lot of this.

Ariah ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 2:34 PM

Thanks. I saw Your tutorial once, but read only a sample. I know that spawning a morph do not create a Faceroom Skin. That's why I don't use the 'Apply to figure' button anymore. I did it ONCE. And as it happens, I came with a face I particularly like, but everything else was screwed up. OK? So I've made her head into a morph target and applied to a custom Judy, to have all materials in a proper shape. This is the point my troubles with eyes started. The dials won't help much, I tried. I will do next figures according to the tips You've all given me, but I wanted to 'help' my first figure... I guess it's quite hopeless... Thanks anyway, I've learnt quite a lot, for which I am gratefull...

mickmca ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 4:17 PM

A favor: Would you post a screen capture of the busted head mesh, and maybe a list of the changed Facial Morph settings? I'm very curious about this problem now. If you can't post the settings, maybe I can guesstimate them from the appearance of the mesh. I've had some pretty awful eyeball problems after applying the head morph, but never any that didn't fix themselves with the eye morphs. Mick

mickmca ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 5:41 PM

I fiddled with the Face room and managed to create a face extreme enough that I could see what's going on. It ain't good news. Apparently the eye morphs change the diameter and Trans location of the eyeball, but not the origin. So when it rotates, it spins on the old center. In other words, if the new eyeball is half the size of the old one, then the origin becomes an anchor on the circumference rather than the center, and instead of rotating on its own center, it spins around a fixed point on its circumference. Fixable? Well, yeah, with the Joint Editor. But is it worth the trouble? What a mess.

mickmca ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 5:56 PM

FYI: Never mind about the details from your mesh, now that I've figured out how to recreate the problem and, I think, found what is causing it. I hate the Joint Editor with a passion, but it sounds like you have enough experience with it that you can describe how to fix the problem. Right? So I'm gonna walk away, whistling nonchalantly.... Mick

Ariah ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 11:51 PM

Yes!!! Yes, yes. That was it. Thank You. I launched Joint Editor again and we spend a few interesting hours together... It's still far from perfect but at least I know where exactly to look while dealing with the problem. The Origin Y (I believe) sents itself to -90 or 90, while it should be 0.0. That's for a start. P.S. Substituting eyes with eye props does help a little.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.