Fri, Sep 20, 12:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Platinum Club: All Victoria3, all the time...

NVITWS ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 4:25 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:30 PM

OK, so I am exaggerating, but if like me you are only a part-time worshipper of Victoria, it's been a frustrating few recent weeks in Platinum Club-land. I haven't upgraded to Victoria 3 because I don't think my computer can handle her, and don't currently want to re-invest, after having spent a few hundred dollars on V2 items. I know, that's my problem, but still, it's not like V2 was released ten years ago, or even five... I'm well aware that all things Victoria keep DAZ alive, and don't wish to bash them or their star product. I'm also one of the people who must recognize that the membership fee for Plat Club "paid for itself" over the course of several purchases, most of which I'm happy with. Still, I feel a need to vent in hopes that it will relieve my petty frustration. The regular marketplace is fine. There's still a diversity of new products being released (love the dinos,) and the introductory sale prices are appreciated. But being the budget-minded student that I am, I can't help but be especially excited about Plat Club items, since they're totally affordable. I humbly suggest to DAZ that there would, especially at this point, be no harm in releasing V2 compatable versions of the newer V3 items. That way, the V3-deprived among us might not be so frustrated at feeling left behind, and the company could potentially enjoy greater profits. I understand the business concept that says that more people will upgrade to V3 in lieu of cross-Vicky items, but want to make a case for those of us who, at present, can't upgrade for whatever reasons. End of rant. Thank you for reading. Sorry for whining. I will go away now.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 4:42 PM

It's a valid point. I don't consider it to be whining to make a reasonable request. Ok, I have V3, but I can understand your point of view. I'd probably feel the same in your shoes. DAZ are pretty good at responding to what people want, so maybe you'll see changes soon. Who knows?

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Eowyn ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 5:17 PM

If your computer can handle Victoria 2, it can handle Victoria 3... at least on my old grandpa-computer Victoria 3 works like a dream and most of the time the characters are much much smaller in file size than Victoria 2. I never inject all the morphs, only the ones I actually plan to use.

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 5:18 PM

With some minor tweaks, you can probably use V3 stuff on V2. I know that Netherworks has a neat utility that is supposed to help V3 stuff conform to V2. (Haven't had a chance to play with it yet.) Cheers!

PheonixRising ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 6:06 PM

Explaining this migh be tricky but here goes. People would want the same full morph support as the V3 products. This would double the amount of production time, slowing down the amount of new items, and make it not cost effective. Also the files sizes would exceed the bandwidth limitations financially for Platinum Club products. If two seperate versions where sold independently from each other in the PC, people would pick one and not always both reducing the totals sales of both by half. This would also cause the approach to be not viable. Not that two versions isn't possible, but it wouldn't be able to be put in the Platinum Club which means less clothes in the PC overall. I have a normal system and can use a fully loaded V3 personally. I am sure your stystem would be able to use V3 fine. Anton Daz3d Platinum Club

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 6:12 PM

Can't fault them for wanting to push their latest and greatest. ;o) Laurie

queri ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 6:23 PM

I thought it was a very nifty and generous idea to allow us to clothe Vicki3 in an economical manner. After I bought V3 the cosst of clothing her kinda sunk in-- I mean after I looked at the P5 clothing room-- don't want to go here and Tailor, went there unsatisfactorily without the complications of a mannequin and JCM's. I thought being offered a large amount of second skins and other clothing for a buck 99 was a very smart thing to do. And I'm thankful. There have also been sets and lights and mike stuff in the plat club. But those of us who bit the big bullet for V3 got a chance to catch up-- again, thank you. Emily

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 6:29 PM

I'm with you queri. The bulk of my V3 stuff has come from the Platinum Club. I felt every penny was well-spent. Considering how much I've paid in the past for my ridiculously large wardrobe for V2, the stuff for V3 in the Platinum Club was a godsend :o). Laurie

Preston ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 6:32 PM

I can fault them if I've paid for the membership (which I have) and they aren't meeting my needs or interests.

Laurie S ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 6:43 PM

As much as I loved V2, I have to admit (and oi I hate changeg) that V3 has spoiled me. I just do not want to go back :-) .. besides V2 has so many clothes already. Her cloths in the PClub will out still number the V3 clothes for a while yet :-) I think it has more to do with what the majoraty of folks want right now. In just a few weeks of brokering, at the Pclub, I have sold over a thousand items .. V3 items. Like I said it is just that more folks want V3 cloths than V2 :-)right now.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 7:13 PM

Preston: if they aren't meeting your needs or interests, then I suggest that you tell them so. Maybe they will accomodate you or maybe they will return your money. At any rate you should let them know that you aren't satisfied. I can't think of any company that actively supports an old version of a program. Maybe tech support, but that's it. Even so, there are other places out there who do still make things for V2 besides Daz. There is still plenty of support for her in the greater Poser community. Victoria 3 is Daz's flagship product and I'm sure they want to push her as much as they can, even by putting V3 things in the Platinum Club. After all, it's a business and it's just doing what businesses do. Laurie

PheonixRising ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 7:17 PM

Attached Link: V3 Morphing Fantasy Dress

file_52819.jpg

It is quite the job trying make a bit of everything for the PC(Toons, animals, sets, props, lights, clothes, etc.) Speaking of V3 Clothes, this is coming out this week. More clothes being completed as we speak. Since I made the V3 Male Morph Pack, most all the V3 items I make will fully support it. It isn't our intent to ignore anyone. It is just so time consuming to try and get to everything. Textures are great for that though. The Sci-Fi people are really annoyed that the Fantasy people get so much attention, but usually the only difference between the two is a texture map. Anyway, Catch ya later, Anton

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

MachineClaw ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 7:58 PM

NVITWS - What do you WANT to see in the PClub? What are you looking for for V2? Renderosity has a Wishing Well forum where you can post and people point in a direction where an item can be found, or work on something. Someone recently needed a Sock Monkey and someone whipped one up. post a messege in the poser forum and if enough people want it, guess what, the creators and modelers usually come in to the rescue. Right now for V3 there is no catsuit model for applying textures to. Only the second skin method which doesn't allow for transperancies. V2 is WAY out in front in that department.

Kiera ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 8:03 PM

I am thanking my lucky stars that V3 stuff is finally appearing in the platinum club after weeks of mice, dogs, and gobbles. I have literally GIGS of V2 stuff, and one small folder of V3 stuff. Being able to outfit her 2 bucks at a time has proven to be very useful to me. And the textures that Laurie Stanley is doing for Anton's morphing models have made the Platinum Club worth every little penny, in my personal opinion. (Anton, that dress looks fabulous. Awesome morphs.. at last, a long dress that has realistic folds.)

Niles ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 8:03 PM

How about the people that are annoyed who bought the MM boys, "which Daz has not abandoned" ... but have produced nothing since the first release... *Gender-neutral clothing is common for children. We wanted to be able to develop clothing usable for both the Millennium Girls and the Millennium Boys, which will ultimately mean more savings and versatility for our customers. At less you were right about more savings... you can save a alot when there is "Nothing" to buy.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 8:07 PM

Gawd, what a lovely dress!!! Can't wait to get my mits on that one ;o). Laurie

PheonixRising ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 8:31 PM

Niles, Sorry there is not alot for the Mil boys. We have some mil girl stuff in the Platinum Club but not alot. Platinum Club is not for those who want Mil Kid products. Whatever those quotes you used are from I don't think they were ever intended to be or apart of Platinum CLub posts. Anton

Niles ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 9:01 PM

Hey I don't have a problem with the Platinum Club, it's a great Deal and I love it... this is just me ranting about the MM Boys... you know the saying " the squeaking wheel gets all the grease"... just me squeaking ;) Niles ... and that is a nice dress, by the way.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 9:05 PM

Oh I see. ok. lol

Fashionably_Late ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 9:14 PM

Now I'm a semi-starving student myself... but I agree with the others, that working with V3 is more economical than V2 because of the wonderful Platinum Club items.

I'm especially thankful being on a Mac, where I can't use products like Tailor and V2-V3 Texture Converter to use older items. I completely understand the frustration with constantly having to upgrade products and programs, and had a heck of a time explaining that to customers when I worked in the computer business. The only explanation is that there isn't one... its simply the way the industry works, in order to keep it alive.

I hope all the comments in this thread haven't been offensive, I think everyone's just trying to encourage you to give V3 a chance in the future, there are a lot of very happy customers around here. :)

Molly

Niles ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 9:16 PM

What are saying here "Platinum Club is not for those who want Mil Kid products." ... I understand that there is nothing there now... but are saying that there will never be??? :(

PheonixRising ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 9:52 PM

I like the whole kid thing but am just trying to get V3 clothes situated right now. Never say never but just don't wait for it.

wrpspeed ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 10:02 PM

how about michael 2? it is their current model and very little has come out for him in the last 5 weeks. as far as i know michael 3 is still in the planning stage.

iamonk ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 10:14 PM

More clothes to fit V2? GEESH! Isn't her closet full enough?

jarm ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 12:43 AM

I can see both sides to this, but while I have Victoria 3 and love her, most of my textures and clothes, especially sci-fi stuff which is still thin on the ground for V3, are V2. I do think the Platinum Club should offer a diverse range of products for all Daz products available. A simple rotation, if you want to push V3 make 2 V3 products for every 1 V2 or something similar, I dunno, but the Platinum Club shouldn't represent one product, which it has in the past months, that's not fair for people who don't own her, but paid good money for the club. It's a tricky issue for sure for Anton. Best wishes Jody

MachineClaw ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 12:48 AM

YEA! Gobbles and the Toon fish need clothes TOO! sorry, lost track of my brain there for a sec.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 12:55 AM

Rotation issue sounds good, but it breaks down to the same reason we stopped making Posette stuff...cause it stopped selling.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 12:57 AM

lol Machine Claw, I agree. Mouse needs a clothing pack too.

doerp ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 1:02 AM

Attached Link: http://www.enklave.com

Id really like to see more standalone characters (like the droid). And what about some environmental stuff? SciFi related would be nice. Anyway the Platinum Club is a great deal and I spent way too much money there;-) Keep up the great work! Sascha

doerp ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 1:05 AM

Attached Link: http://www.enklave.com

Id really like to see more standalone characters (like the droid). And what about some environmental stuff? SciFi related would be nice. Anyway the Platinum Club is a great deal and I spent way too much money there;-) Keep up the great work! Sascha

Netherworks ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 1:17 AM

Anton, would DAZ be against a conversion of V3 to V2 Platinum items, as long as the original files (geometries, etc) were protected (objaction mover/RTEncoder)? This way, the community could help and this would free DAZ' resource pool.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 2:23 AM

Yeah I like droids too. That droid was fun to make. The Aquatica Reef can easily be textured into planetoid type sci-fi enviornments. It is actually really easy to texture. And , if made yellow or red, the included Atmosphere woorks great too as alien fog or gas. Netherworks, As long as no V3 morphs are included in a V2 version I don't think there would be any problems. Since I am contacted to Daz to provide content for them, my personal limitation would be not to use encoded obj files to make new clothes. Aside from that, a straight conversion for V2 would be okay I think. It just goes back to not using products as development tools for new products, even if free ones. Hope that answers your question, Anton

Netherworks ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 3:15 AM

Gotcha. No worries Anton, and thanks for your reply.

Preston ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 7:18 AM

Laurie, my only comment was that they weren't meeting my needs. I have contacted them. The intial offerings were fine - I'm not saying it was a rip off. But as was originally noted almost all of the recent Premium additions have been V3 and that doesn't meet my needs. As for "Can't fault them for wanting to push their latest and greatest." - I can and do if they want to charge me $100 for their promotion." As it is there are 3 reasons to consider joining the Premium Club. 1. You get to buy what is already there - including the initial stock 2. You get the $1.99 items that are added to the Premium Club 3. You get 30% off Daz Original Productions Once you've joined once number 1 no longer applies so no need to renew. Number 3 isn't that exciting since you can accomplish the same thing for free by buying the item when it is first offered. So if the $1.99 items aren't of interest to a customer Daz isn't likely to get that customer to renew. I see no reason for me to.

Spit ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 8:25 AM

Happy Platinum Club member here. I was so happy to see that cheerleading thingy for V3. About time there was something I didn't want. LOL Nothing against it, but it gave me a bit of a break from buying. I love the variety of stuff in there! And still REALLY AND TRULY am wishing for more housemouse stuff. Even though I love all the other 'cute' characters from there and elsewhere, what I don't like about some of them is the notion they have to have big feet and missing fingers. Housemouse is so special because of his little perfect hands.

RaVan ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 9:39 AM
  1. You get 30% off Daz Original Productions...
    ...Number 3 isn't that exciting since you can accomplish the same thing for free by buying the item when it is first offered.

Just a clarification:
The 30% off is in addition to any initial intro sale, bringing the total discount of a 30% intro sale to 51% off Ryan
webmaster
www.daz3d.com

Bookmark

Crescent ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 9:58 AM

They've also offered hair, backdrops, poses, and original characters such as the House Mouse, so it's not just V3 all day every day. Again, you can tweak a good number of V3 items so they'll work on V2, so you're still not losing out on clothing. Cheers!

praxis22 ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 11:41 AM

Well I can't stand "cute" (well, besides cute females that is :) but I've got to say that I've been more than happy with the P club, if only for the chance to buy things like the eagle and the charger cheap. Don't get me wrong the new stuff is good too, but the old stuff is better :) later jb

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 2:42 PM

Preston, I know you want specifically SCI-FI stuff as do some others. There are Vicki and Michael Sci-Fi including the new "Clone" textures. The problem we have is that people aren't specific in saying what they want. I keep asking but noone mentions specifics. lol Specifically what sci-fi items are you wanting. Without specifics it is hard for us to guess. I need names and descriptions of what you want to see. ----------------------------------------------------- Spit, I have some Mouse stuff half done. :) -----------------------------------------------------

iamonk ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 3:36 PM

I think DAZ is doing a decent job supplying products to satisfy the public. With all of the other commercial items and free stuff out there, we should be somewhat satisfied. If not, try making them yourself, you may gain an understanding of why things are as they are.

Preston ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 4:18 PM

Ryan. That isn't the way it is working now. If I go for example and select the Sea Dragon (which is a Daz Creation) it is listed as $49.95 - on sale for $34.95 for a limited time. When I go to check out I get the following: ps_an057 Sea Dragon OS: Windows $49.95 $49.95 [ Remove ] Platinum Club Discount: 30% Off DAZ Created Products $-14.99 Total: $34.96 You will note the 30% comes of the top NOT off the intro sale. If you intended it to work otherwise I suggest you relook at the code.

pigfish ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 4:21 PM

All I can say is that I love the Platinum Club. It's much easier to squeek 2 to 10 dollars at a time past my husband. He doesn't notice how much I'm acutally spending on my Poser habit that way ;) I got my money's worth when I bought the eagle (of course I got my membership at half price when it first came out). I'm just amazed at the high quality of the items that are put in the Platinum Club. I know I would have paid a LOT more for many of them. Of course there are others I wouldn't have bought at all--and some I still don't. I can't wait for that new dress.

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 4:38 PM

"Ryan. That isn't the way it is working now. If I go for example and select the Sea Dragon (which is a Daz Creation) it is listed as $49.95 - on sale for $34.95 for a limited time. When I go to check out I get the following: ps_an057 Sea Dragon OS: Windows $49.95 $49.95 [ Remove ] Platinum Club Discount: 30% Off DAZ Created Products $-14.99 Total: $34.96 You will note the 30% comes of the top NOT off the intro sale. If you intended it to work otherwise I suggest you relook at the code. " Did you log in? I got the sea dragon for $10.47. Which didn't show up till I logged in.

Tirjasdyn

NVITWS ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 4:40 PM

Anton (and everyone,) thank you very much for the explanation and responses. I love Platinum Club too, and hope my venting was understood in context. I merely hope to see some non-V3 stuff in there. Maybe even new items for Mike. Eowyn, thank you for the encouragement. I'll upgrade to V3 as soon as I can. RAM sticks are cheap these days...I have room for one more. Yours, Naked Vicky in a Temple With a Sword

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 4:40 PM

Course they might have changed the sale...

Tirjasdyn

RaVan ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 4:56 PM

Attached Link: http://store.daz3d.com

> *If I go for example and select the Sea Dragon (which is a Daz Creation) it is listed as $49.95 - on sale for $34.95 for a limited time.*

Antoher Clarification:
The code looks fine, but the Sea Dragon is not currently on sale. So the "Platinum Club Discount: 30% Off DAZ Created Products $-14.99" is correct in this example.

Please try an item that is currently on sale, like the Victoria 3 Morphing Sleeveless Body Shirt. As Tirjasdyn mentioned, please make sure that you are signed in when you add the product to your basket. Please email me if this does not come up with both discounts. I will need the OS, Browser, and Browser Version # you are using to try to pinpoint any errors.

Thanks,
Ryan
webmaster
www.daz3d.com

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 4:57 PM

Please note I did ask Preston what he wanted. :)

RaVan ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 5:01 PM

Rereading post #41.... $34.96 is 14.99 less than the full price, meaning that it is showing you the price WITH the Platinum Club discount. Let me fix the syntax on that message. Ryan

Preston ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 5:28 PM

Ryan, yes, the "on sale for a limited time" made me think it was an initial offering sale. After you changed that I couldn't find any Daz Original creations on sale to test. I did sign in before trying it - that was how I got the: "Platinum Club Discount: 30% Off DAZ Created Products $-14.99 " line.

Preston ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 5:59 PM

By the way, I didn't start this thread and I'm not upset with Daz3d. My original response was, like NVITWS, I have no interest in V3 products and by and large the Platinum Club additions have not met my needs. The initial group of files listed had enough to make it worth my while for subscribing - consequently I do not feel as though I've been taken advantage of, nor have I tried to convey that. (I believe that some of the initial products I liked so much, such as "The Rulers of Egypt", were even created by the inscrutible PheonixRising/Anton) :) I like Daz3d. I enjoy their/your products and I wish the company well. But as I noted before, the recent additions haven't met my needs and so unless something changes I see no reason to resubscribe at a cost of $100. If I am in the minority this should be of no consequence to Daz. After all, you can't please everyone. On the otherhand, if I'm not in the minority, there is a chance that others will not renew either. Despite the vocal and very happy V3 owners I would bet a considerable sum there are many more potential customers with Vicky 2 than with Vicky 3. Besides the Platinum Club, I also subscribe to Poserworld and Poserstyle. A similar discussion was held at Poserworld (though I was not involved) and Steve has since been more balanced at providing V2 products (and there was much rejoicing). As a comparison, the type of products Poserworld and Poserstyle create more closely meet my needs and interests than what Daz has been doing. As for what my interests are: I am most interested in realistic and historical garb, props and scenes. I've recently purchased things such as: The Lourdes/Malis Viking Pack Guilland's Fashions of the Old West and Johnson's 15th Century Armor I am very happy with all those but I paid the same price for those items (and others) than I would have without a Platinum Club membership.

Spit ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 7:01 PM

"Spit, I have some Mouse stuff half done. :)" Yes!!! You made my day!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.