Mon, Sep 9, 5:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Anyone else being ignored by Poserstyle?

Sambucus ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 4:37 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 5:22 AM

When Poserstyle changed their server recently they sent out an email explaining how to access the site with new user names and passwords. Of course, it didn`t work for me so i emailed them and received an automatic aknowledgment, then nothing. So I did it again, and again a couple of days later. Still nothing ecept the aknowledgments. They do some nice stuff on this site but the administration seems to be in the hands of incompetents. Am I alone in this or are others having the same problems.

CDI ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 4:40 PM

Sorta like Posercity. Still havent received my password after signing up on saturday. Not very impressive, eh?

jaybutton ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 4:47 PM

I had similiar trouble, but they helped me right away. Here's the link I sent an email to . . . webmaster@poserstyle.com Good luck! Jay

Sambucus ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 4:52 PM

Thanks jay, thats where Ive been mailing them. You feel kinda helpless when they just ignore you.

Irish ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 4:52 PM

If you write in their ShoutBox, located on their front page, they seem to answer people quickly. :)

Sambucus ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 5:02 PM

I`ll probably try that, Irish, but they specifically say that the shout box should not be used for this. Thanks.

Eowyn ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 5:14 PM

Hmmm a friend of mine very recently complained to me about the same thing. My friend had emailed them several times and never got any kind of response. Dunno what is up :/

hecate ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 5:15 PM

I've had problems as well, I had to send an email to get the email notifying me of the changes (which I recieved exactly a week later) which was rather rude, and seemed to completely disregard my actual questions, just a "paste in" of the previous email they claimed to have sent, but didn't. Admittedly, it did give me information I needed, but didn't address the other problem I had (and am still having) with their site. Hrmm... so far of the time period I paid for as a member, plus the extension, I've been able to access their site roughly half of it. I don't think I'll be renewing membership when it runs out.

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 5:16 PM

whwhitney (one of the PoserStyle admins) is a member here. If you go to Members, then select his name (or do a search), you can IM him or e-mail him. I believe the e-mail goes to a separate account than the webmaster@poserstyle.com account. It may work better. Cheers!

Petunia ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 5:28 PM

They don't seem to answer the emails from here either. I have a feeling that PoserStyle won't be around much longer, and it is too bad that they all will have a stigma about them - whatever they do from now on. I just don't see spending any more money on any of them.

cruzan ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 5:47 PM

Drats, I thought that I was an anomaly for having the problem with logging in. Hope you are wrong and is not an ominous sign and that they will soon respond.... Maybe I will be a bad girl and go use the shout that they ask us not to use.... Thanks for the heads up - I was really thinking it was just me not doing well at communicating and was sitting on hands awaiting reply [for last week].

queri ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 6:14 PM

I hate the log-in procedure and being unable to choose my password. I got a sign up or be discontinued message from Verotel-- no word from Poserstyle, my old password didn't work. Finally, I got a message from whwhitney, it was curt, and said they sent out email to address this-- I didn't get it and by that time I had signed up again. Reluctantly. And that after Verotel indicated the sign-up hadn't gone through. Nothing seems to work very well. Their products are good quality, but the site is inaccessible much of the time-- either because it's down or something has changed passwords again. I'd like to support it, but I feel I can't. There's no newsletter to announce updates, no back and forth at all. Am I the only one who feels like they are overworked and took on more than they can chew? Emily

Spit ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 6:15 PM

I be wondering if possibly some mail isn't getting through? I had a problem with a download the other day and wrote to them. I got an answer almost immediately. They DO answer and are fast. I think I've seen them list some names from time to time of people who were unreachable by email. Don't remember what page that was on or when I saw it.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 6:54 PM

I normally have no problems ...

MeInOhio ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 7:01 PM

I had a problem and I wrote to them and they answered me right away. The username and password changed with the new server and they described how they worked and what my new login was in the letter. If you got the letter, then look for your new log in info in there.

onnetz ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 7:03 PM

its a long shot but if you have a spamgaurd on your email it could be blocking their reply... or it might end up in a bulk mail folder...

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or play with it,

just pee on it and walk away. :-)

I wouldnt have to manage my anger

if people would manage their stupidity......

dallas40m ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 7:12 PM

I havent had any prob at all. They answered my probs right away and havent had a lick of trouble since. D

Warmest Regards,

Dallas

Moonbiter ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 7:24 PM

I didn't get the change over email either, when they put the info on the site, I sent an email to webmaster@poserstyle.com and got an immediate response with my info. I had an issue with the info, mailed back the next day and again I got an immediate response. So I know they are responding. I'd say if you can't get to 'em by email, use the shout box -regardless of what it says - or try the forum, but don't give up on them.

pokeydots ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 8:11 PM

I haven't had any problems at all so far since the change, and have gotten the e mail about the password and it worked fine. As for poser city, you don't have to sign up anymore, I think greybro changed it so everyone could get in without membership ( which was free by the way)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Dizzie ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 8:43 PM

this is why I haven't joined.....

PeterWahoo ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 9:17 PM

At this point, they don't look so good. If they're still around, with a better track-record, in 6 months, I'll think about paying a fee.

3ddave44 ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 9:31 PM

There are always a few problems when switching a server but I have to say they were very quick about responding to my queries as well. I say thumbs up overall.

bknoh ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 10:07 PM

I thought they were going to increase our time? I got my e-mail from Verotel and nothing from the site about my being locked out. Diane

HeavyRay ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 11:36 PM

Sorry...Though I don't have any answers to get a quick resolution to the problems some folks are having, I DID want to chime-in to say that the folks at PoserStyle have been very helpful and responded to any problems I've had over the past year or so. And with the exception of when they were down while moving to a new server, I've had good luck getting access and downloading the fine products they produce! Hope everyone can get their concerns addressed soon - in my opinion, PoserStyle is an EXCELLENT resource at a GREAT price!!! - Ray

whwhitney ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 11:37 PM

We apologize for any confusion this move has caused. When we moved the site to the new server we sent a mass email notification to over 550 members directly from the site. We had less than 20 bounce back. This led us to believe that most of the members received the notification and new login instructions. What we have since learned, is that a portion of our members for some reason did not receive the notification. Some of them have confirmed for us that they suspected the notification was 'filtered out' due to its non-personal nature, others were not sure.

On the front page of the site we posted the following:

The Site is now residing on the new server. The Usernames and Passwords used on the previous site have all been changed. Your previous access information will not grant you access to the site now.

We have emailed instructions regarding your new usernames and passwords. If you have not received notification regarding your new username and password, please contact us via email: webmaster@poserstyle.com. Please use this method to notify us of your needs. The shoutbox is not tied in to any method of notification, our email accounts are.

Thanks,

The PoserStyle Team

In the above news item on the front page of the site we specifically asked members to contact us via email using webmaster@poserstyle.com for a number of reasons. It has since come to our attention that many members used the support system instead. Due to a glitch in the support system, we have not been receiving notifications of support requests. This lead me (whwhitney) to believe that each time I answered all requests sent to the webmaster, everyone that needed to be taken care of had been. This obviously was not the case. Given this, we would ask that all members who still require access instructions please inform us via webmaster@poserstyle.com.

Now to address the comments and concerns voiced here. . .

Sambucus: I apologize for he support system issue and missing your prior requests. Approximately 13 hours before you started this thread I responded to the first request that you sent to the webmaster. I enclosed your login information and instructions. Since it is obvious you did not receive the email and it did not bounce back, I would ask if you are using some sort of filter with your email client? Can you please email webmaster@poserstyle.com and include your phone number so I may contact you directly. Thanks.

hecate: The reason you did not hear from us was because we did not just "Claim" to send the mass email notification, we did send it. Yours did not bounce back to us so we assumed you received it. If we had any Idea that you did not, we would have contacted you long before a week had passed. Can you please let me know what other problem you are having as it relates to the site? I'll be awaiting your email.

Petunia: The PoserStyle username here at Renderosity should not be IM'ed in regard to urgent matters. Please email webmaster@poserstyle.com to contact us. I understand why you would try to contact us here, but we can only be in one place at a time. I will be glad to help with whatever you'd like to discuss.

cruzan: Although we will resolve the support issue within the next few hours, please send your request to webmaster@poserstyle.com. I'll be up all night so I'll be able to respond quickly.

queri: You have the ability to change your password by using the 'your account tab. We can change your username as well if you let us know what you would like. I do apologize for the verotel issue. We did assume notifications that did not bounce back were received. If you had received it the verotel issue would not have occurred. Again I apologize for the problems surrounding this transition. It was not my intention to be curt in responding to your request. Being a mere human being, I know that I'm not as verbose when composing the 75th email as I am when I'm composing the 1st. We will begin sending out the weekly newsletter again by mid April. Please contact me at webmaster@poserstyle.com if you wish to change your username.

Eowyn: Since I've been clearing the webmaster's inbox each day I can only assume that you friend used the support system. Can you please ask them to send a request to webmaster@poserstyle.com. Thank you in advance.

onnetz quote "its a long shot but if you have a spamguard on your email it could be blocking their reply... or it might end up in a bulk mail folder... "
onnetz: Given the number of members who have told us a similar story, I don't consider it to be that much of a longshot.

bknoh: Thank you for allerting me in regard to this thread. Extentions are reflected in your account on the new site. You should have already received your information by now.

Members please remember. Your old username and password will not work on the new site. Send an email to webmaster@poserstyle.com and I'll get your information to you immediately.

I should be getting back to the in-box at this point.

Take care all,

Will
WHWhitney

JoeyAristophanes ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 2:02 AM

I was having problems with the log in because I was away when the email went out, and my mail server scrolled it off before I got home. But a quick note to Wil and he responded almost immediately. Great guy, great site.

Sambucus ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 6:00 AM

Well, I tried the password as sent in the original email this morning and what do you know. It worked! Believe me this is not the first (or the 6th) time of trying so it wasnt a case of entering it wrongly once. Anyway I am now on the site. I seem to have opened a can of worms here and the last thing I want to do is cause the site to lose custom. I love the products, (see my entry in the Bryce gallery,"1815" and another following soon) and they are great value, but its obvious that they have had problems before and seem to still be having them. You also cant fault the reply by WHWitney, but I have to say that I did use the required email addy and received aknowledgments but no answer. This is so frustrating. I dont have any email filtering active, I did receive the original email about the change but the password just didn`t work. I regret using the word incompetent (bad mood) and hopefully they can prove me wrong in the future.

HeWhoWatches ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 7:38 AM

Attached Link: Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email

Just a note that a lot of what's happening here may be the fault of an email network which is on the verge of collapse. Internet experts, many of whom built the protocols being used today, met recently at MIT to discuss the rapidly growing problem of junk email. There was a lot of discussion about filtering techniques, but the consensus was that there is so much spam now that the entire email medium is in danger of collapse. Even the best filtering techniques have a false-positive rate, and if your spam levels are high enough -- my own is between 95% and 99% -- you stand a significant statistical chance of losing some, most, or all of your legitimate email. Some large companies are already reporting losses of up to 50% of their legitimate email because of this. If you want to do something about this, join CAUCE, the Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email and add your voice against the ravages of rampant, uncontrolled capitalist exploitation of our resources.

mickmca ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 7:40 AM

Let me join in the chorus of those who did not get the email telling me about the new server/password situation. When I finally did get the email, I pointed out that the new system made security a sieve and recommended in the Shout Box that anyone logging on immediately change their password. (I can say no more.) I did finally get a message from them, with the de rigeur implication that I didn't read the other message (which I didn't get). It did, with one more tweak, get everything fixed, and the subscription extensions simply show up as your current expiry date on the main page (you have to do the math yourself, but mine was right). The group is talented and creating beautiful stuff, and you will get your $30 quickly in great downloads once you join. But their web site troubles and lack of marketing sense is going to do them in. It looks like two of the partners have already bailed, if hints mean what they seem to mean. Right now there are two shoutbox complaints from RenaPD, who is supposed to be inside, not outside and locked out.... ;)

cruzan ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 7:46 AM

with all the great stuff they have -- the only way to lose customers is to start NOT giving us great band for the buck!! ;-D

mickmca ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 8:07 AM

Case in Point: I was automatically logged under a username I have changed, when I went to look at the Shoutbox a while ago. So I "logged out" from my "non-existent" username and logged in under the new username I requested. Then, Duh!, I realized that I didn't record my changed password after I followed my own advice last week. So I dutifully clicked "Lost your password," did the required stuff, and it announced "An email with your information has been sent." That was fifteen minutes ago and counting. If the email was sent, receipt is practically instantaneous. So obviously it WASN'T sent. It will eventually be sent, but when? Meantime, I have moved on elsewhere. That's what I mean by bad marketing sense. And while we're on the subject, I am so weary, so tired, of "pbuttword".... Having "butt" stuffed in every place where the letter-string a-s-s occurs reminds me of nastily grinning little boys having fits of giggles over poop jokes and people saying "but." I can just imagine the little brats inventing the Butt Game, where you substitute "butt" for every "ass" in the lexicon. "Mbutt media buttocation pbuttes on buttimilating parent company. More to come!" Worthy of Beavis and Asshead.

whwhitney ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 8:46 AM

Just a quick note to address the more recent concerns: Sambucus: Is the browser you used this morning different from the browser you used on the previous attempts. Nothing in your account has been changed since it was created in mid-March. Please let me know as this may help us to alleviate future problems. Please do not feel bad about voicing your concerns. mickmca: The "security" issue you mention has not and will not cause a problem (I can say no more). At no time with any of my correspondence with you Mick did I try to imply you did not read a previous message. I believed at the time that I was stating the fact that we made attempts through those previous messages to inform everyone. In short that we had not been ignoring you or anyone else. As I am writing this, another message of yours has been posted to this thread as well. Thank you for the additional kind and supportive words. In the future I can only ask that you email me directly (webmaster@poserstyle.com) and I will do my best to take care of you in a timely manner. Thanks again. I would ask members to address any questions or concerns to webmaster@poserstyle.com where we will continue to respond to your needs. Take care all, Will WHWhitney

Sambucus ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 9:18 AM

WHWhitney No, nothing is different from all my other attempts to log on using the name I gave Verotel, capital letters for the initials, the rest in lower case. Just didn`t work before, does now.

mickmca ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 9:23 AM

Quote: At no time with any of my correspondence with you Mick did I try to imply you did not read a previous message. At the risk of beating a dead horse: The entire message I got on 3/25 was a greeting, my username and password, the sentence "This is the mailing we sent to members on the 17th of March:" and the previous message. The implication is you sent it to me (a member) on the 17th of March. CLear down at the bottom of the message, embedded between my original message and the old PS message, was an apology and the concession that I might not have gotten it, even though, you pointed out, it didn't kick back to you. 'Kay? I'll say it again, so there's no confusion: The site is worth its subscription in downloads, without any question. But unprofessional, "not ready from prime time," in a number of frustrating ways, as any day's reading of the Shoutbox will tell you. And that's Ok, too, in a free site. But when you charge for access, you raise the bar. You have to handle things like customer expectations a bit differently. And once more. I find the pbuttword stuff juvenile and at least as offensive as the words being censored. I worked just down the road for a number of years, and my boss liked to call people "buttface" when he was mad at them. It was ok, 'cause he didn't use the 'a' word. He also used to tell female clients we needed to "get down to the short strokes" until I asked one of his more worldly colleagues to explain to him what 'the short strokes' were. And he liked to threaten to "rip you a new one," a personal favorite of mine, coming from a homophobe. All ways to be nasty without using "those words." I can see absolutely no difference in offensiveness between "asshole" and "butthole." And the effect of the filter is, as I said elsewhere, the OPPOSITE of the intention, because it draws attention to the offending string rather than obscuring it. IMHO. M

kswebster@yahoo.com ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 2:19 PM

My problem is that when I try and download a file there's no file there. I get a one kilobyte file titled Module.zip. And then after several trys I get a message that I've used up all my allowable download attempts. I also had an issue with the wolf textures....too big for my download time and 'resume download' is no longer supported on the new server. Does anyone else have this issue?

3ddave44 ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 2:32 PM

kswebster, I have the same problem - i.e. I get modules.zip for the download. PS instructed me to just rename "modules" to the filename of the download .zip and save. I did and it worked. The problem is the link is not to the direct zip file - it goes to a file (maybe called "modules") that is probably recording what IP address is downloading and how many times etc. and then appending the zip file (or some such). However with some browser (yours and mine for instance) that last push to the zip file isn't happening so we just see modules. As I said, just look in the URL for the real name of the zip file, change "modules" to that and you should be fine.

Petunia ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 2:56 PM

Mr Whitney, I have BEEN emailing webmaster@poserstyle.com and got tired of no response after several mailings. I then tried to contact you via renderosity email system, not the IM system. You have used the excuse of not getting several emails from me under my usual user information on the Poserstlye site twice now. I don't have filters on my email system, I gave you an alternate email address, my phone number, my mailing address, and almost my entire life story and still no answer. You seem to blame us customers for your own handling of this situation and really I am quite fed up now, as I believe others are beginning to be. I would also like an explanation of what is going to become of this site, now that Thip and Rena have given notice that they are leaving in April. I really do not enjoy being ignored and then blamed for the inconsistancy of service that you have shown in the last several months.

dutchman ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 10:56 PM

When I had trouble a few weeks ago, Will called me personally from chicago to help me log on. i don't know this guy personally. He called me at 11:30 that night. After talking to him everything was okay. These people are alright as I see it.
Dutchman.

-renapd- ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2003 at 7:57 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1078371

Just a short note as it seems that lots of members are still in the dark about my own and Thip's statue over at Poserstyle.. :) Please read the linked old post guys before jumping to further accusations, at least concerning myself or Thip! :) Rena PS: I interfere here strictly as an individual Renderosity member defending my reputation - as myself or Thip do not belong to the administration team for a long time now, and somehow this misunderstanding should stop! :(

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

mickmca ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2003 at 10:27 AM

I did a quick search through the thread, and I only found two mentions of RenaPD or Thip, neither of them making any accusations, as I read them. Since one of them was mine, let me say that my comment about RenaPD using the ShoutBox to try to get a message to admin was certainly not meant to be accusing anyone of anything. I was pointing out an irony that I found a bit amusing. I certainly didn't mean to suggest anything negative about Rena. Her departure from PW and now PS has affected my decisions about renewing subscriptions. I joined PW to get access to her stuff, and I joined PS when I learned that was where she had gone. Like a dog on a leash.... [;), which means I'm kidding, OK?] Mick

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.