Sat, Sep 21, 3:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Newbie Poser Head MT Help

Odiemanc ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 2:27 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:19 AM

file_54856.jpg

OK here we have an export of my Lady Elfess P4NW Head. How do I select individual vertices or polygons, and then begin pushing and pulling. What I've read in the manual points to the Move tool as the Selection tool? I remember RDS5.5 had something about a Zone of Attraction. My guess is that this will be my main way of pushing and pulling. There was also a way of selecting groups of polygons and then combining them in to one. I'm also very interested in this. As soon as I find my RDS 5.5 manual I'll have more technical terms to post.

Also, how do I move around the elements of the UI. In Poser you just click on its title, but these have none.

Odiemanc ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 2:29 AM

See her cheeks at the horizontal of her nostrils? It's way too wide. I want to trim it back some. I think this is the most unatractive feature of the P4NW. A good MT to correct this will go far!

Rc2000 ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 11:35 AM

Attached Link: Rc2000's 3D and Animation at Monsters4u

You may want to resave the original file as a new file, say maybe place a 2 after the file name. Use this new file to experiment with. That way you'll have the original to go back to. Select your head and jump into it. Have multiple views of the head. Looking at the side view of the head, click and drag the Marquee tool over vertices and polygons you want to move. Check your head-on view of the face and you'll see that the Marquee has also selected the same things on the other cheek. The Marque tool goes all the way thru the head when you use it. If you need to selct more, go back to the side view and press Shift as you select more vertices and polygons. Now, go to your head on view. Continue holding your Shift key and click on this view. If you release Shift and click on the window, you'll lose all the stuff you selected. Click on the Expand tool and release the Shift key. Drag left or right across the face. You'll see the parts you selected either go away from each other or go towards each other equally. If there are other parts of the cheek you want to widen or contract. deselect what you have and repeat using the Marquee tool and Shift if needed. You can select individual vertices, lines, or polygons like this and change both sides of the face. Just be sure to watch the head-on view of the face to make sure that the same things are selected on the other side of the head. Using this same thing, you can select sections on both sides and move them up, down, in, or out, depending on the view you're using. Use the side view for instance if you wanted to move the cheeks back more towards the face or out. Hope that helps. Rc

Odiemanc ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 6:59 PM

Thanks for the Save Advice! I see the different views, but what is the selection tool? Is it the Marque, which is that? Could I have a screen shot...,please? Thanks for the SHift tip, is control subtract? Well where is the Expand Tool? I love being a Newbie, this is to fascinating! I wish this had fold up maps like RDS5, Bryce3, Poser 3, and Photoshop... >"You can select individual vertices, lines, or polygons like this and change both sides of the face." This is just what I wanted to hear... Using The Views...O that is how! Thanks... = )

Odiemanc ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 7:02 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12417&Form.ShowMessage=1201730

I'm trying to do this in ZBrush right now also. I suspect Daz3D may be the modeler to keep handly, but these are also very nice, and here now! = )

Odiemanc ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 7:32 PM

file_54857.jpg

OK I see the scenes...I seem to have the one cam down proper, but when I enlarge the other views it is thrown off! Can I replace views with cams, tht is the nice thing about Poser 4 Pro Pack.

Odiemanc ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 7:40 PM

file_54858.jpg

Also, I seem to not have saved my mesh color, and now when I go to the Render Room the popped I used to set isn't open. Any tips, please? = )

Rc2000 ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2003 at 12:34 AM

file_54859.jpg

alt or option (I'm on a Mac) seems to desellect parts of what you selected with the Marquee tool. Here's a before picture.

Rc2000 ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2003 at 12:35 AM

file_54860.jpg

Here's an after picture using the Expand tool. As far as what's up with your camera's and stuff, I have no idea. I'm fairly new to Carra myself. The only things I've ever imported in are Ray Dream files.

bluetone ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2003 at 3:45 PM

If you click and hold on the name of the view in the upper left corner of the view you will get a list of possible views, including any cameras that are in the scene. Just insert some and position and name them and you'll find them there. As for your screen-capture where you ask about the color of your object, the screen-shot shows the Modeling room, instead of the Shader room. Select your object in the Assembly room, then click on the paintbrush icon, second from the right. This will bring you into the Shader room, where you can adjust the color, transparency, reflectivity, etc for your object. Hope this helps! :>

Odiemanc ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2003 at 4:55 PM

Yeah, but which is the Marque Tool? ANd what the devil are the first few steps to changing the mesh color, again? 1. I select in the Assembly Room. 2. Got the Paintbrush. 3. But now I should need to adjust a half dozen Color Pickers! Which is the most effective/basic? Thanks Again!

Odiemanc ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2003 at 5:25 PM

file_54861.jpg

Look I changed all of the Pickers!?

Odiemanc ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2003 at 11:54 PM

=

bluetone ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2003 at 7:18 PM

The Marquee tool is selected by using the 'M' key. I would recommend doing one of the tutorials that is included with the program. In the Paint room, there are many options that don't seem to do much, until you know where to look, and describing that in detail here would be like me re-writing the maual. So, try out the tutorials, read the manual, and a lot of it will become more clear. Good luck, and have fun!

Odiemanc ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2003 at 10:25 PM

Thanks,...which button changes the , a screenshot would be very simple!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.