Sat, Sep 21, 3:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: Seeking two things: hand texture and a gypsy character

pookah69 ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2003 at 6:34 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:10 PM

Can anybody provide a lead for a good body texture for a close up of a hand I'm working on? Also, I need to create a gypsy character, either fully made, or some props (colorful skirt, shawl, etc..) from which I could make my own. I've searched free stuff and marketplace for the above, and came up empty-handed. Your leads, as always, are appreciated. D.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2003 at 7:53 PM

How do we know you're not a Mafiosi, trying to sucker us into giving up hand textures for some nefarious purpose? ;)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

sandoppe ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2003 at 8:19 PM

Poor pookah69 has probably not read that thread Sam!! AhHahaha!!!

JoeyAristophanes ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2003 at 9:32 PM

PoserWorld has a great gypsy character in the archives.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2003 at 9:39 PM

Attached Link: Gypsies and Genies

Here is a V2 one

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2003 at 10:29 PM

Ether Forge has a high-res hand texture for the posable hands in your Additional Figures folder.

nikitacreed ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2003 at 11:25 PM

Anything by Morris of Visual Silence. Her hand textures are down right amazing!! She is in the store here and at Runtime DNA.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2003 at 11:45 PM

mafioso???? ohh please what is the link

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

pookah69 ( ) posted Fri, 25 April 2003 at 12:28 AM

Thank you for the leads...and you're right, I have no idea about the reference to mafioso...please send link! D.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 25 April 2003 at 3:38 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12418&Form.ShowMessage=1209577

Try this link for an explanation. :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 2:21 AM

Genies and Gypsies is a good set, however, I think they wanted an actual Romani outfit, not a cheesecake fantasy suit, Anton. Again, it's a gorgeous figure, but a real, traditional Romani woman wouldn't be caught dead in it. The skirt's far too short, the shirt's a mid drift and Romani hold that anything below the waist is dirty and not to be seen, /especially/ on a woman. Daz3d really should have thought of doing a bit of research when they decided to release a package with the word "Gypsy" in it, as that's the equivolent of calling a black person a certain word that starts with 'n'. P, check around for a long skirt, ISOP has a good set of skirts for Vicki that are nice and long, and a few tops, as well. Perhaps when used in conjunction with the Genie set, they'll make what you want... http://iso.power.ne.jp/

Kreations By Khrys

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 11:15 AM

Nice and subtle stab Khrys. It was researched. Try swalowing your poison

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 11:21 AM

file_55762.jpg

I am so ANGRY I could throttle someone. Khrys, how dare you say such a thing. Don't ever speak to me like that again. That "n" cooment was so uncalled for. Don't you have friends or family to abuse. Here is the reference pics I used for Gypsies and Genies.

pookah69 ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 11:34 AM

Just for the record, I would like to say that Khrys was correct, and I think people are over-reacting to his response. I don't think his comments were rudely stated or inflammatory. I am looking for something traditionally gypsy--and whatever research Anton did, the end result is not traditional to my eye, while it certainly is provocative. I hope Anton will not take this personally--his work is beautiful--just not what I'm seeking in this case. Now...can we all get along?

Momcat ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 11:43 AM

::pouts:: I LOVE that set. I don't suppose you'd be thinking about doing one for V3? I'd love one with a flowing skirt variation....Oh! I have an idea >^_^< I would love to say I would do this, but I have a bunch of things going on as it is. How about a texture and transmap for the Morphing Fantasy Dress? I would still buy a complete new Gypsy and Genies outfit for V3. No way I have the skills to transmap anything near as gorgeous as the details in the V2 set.

Laurie S ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 11:45 AM

Well I sure would take it as a rude comment .."Cheesecake" "wouldn't be caught dead in it" "Should have researched".. sorry but if that is not an attack I am not sure what would be.. If Khrys did not want it taken personally then maybe he should have not have phrased it that way. Seems to me that it is often open season around here on Anton .. any one can say anything to him but lord help him if he tries to respond..

Laurie S ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 11:46 AM

hmm Momcat .. thats a good idea! and now with the cloak ... hmmmmmmmmm... g

Momcat ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 11:59 AM

No kidding Laurie. Anton has been one of the most helpful people here. I don't always agree with him, but I definitely trust his judgement on things like this. I have seen gypsies wearing that type of costume right smack dab in the middle of Downtown Crossing Boston. They come every year and hit all the major pedestrian shopping traffic spots to perform. They perform traditional music, and dancing while other family members work the crowd for donations and sell CDs or roses.

Momcat ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 12:00 PM

@ Laurie S re: dress tex- YAY! >^_^

kbennett ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 12:17 PM

Well Khrys, I don't know what part of the world you're from, but here (UK) Gypsy is still a word in reasonably common use, and it certainly doesn't hold the same connotations as somebody white calling somebody black 'nigger', so setting Anton up using that phraseology wasn't really called for now was it? Going back a few years, to when I used to live further north, we used regularly to have Romany camps on common ground at the back of our houses and while the outfits in Anton's set (and reference material) wouldn't be everyday wear they would come out in the evenings for dancing, partying etc. Kevin.

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 3:31 PM

Anton, quite simply? Shut up. You? Researched COSTUMES. I researched REAL CLOTHING that people WORE and WEAR. Long, full dresses that cover their feet. And no, it's NOT out of place. That's /my/ people you're dissing. They are Romani, NOT Gypsy. We do NOT hail from EGYPT. I take it to mean the same offense, because it's the label people have slapped on the people for a long time. Cheesecake-Nothing wrong with cheesecake. And Laurie? Khrys didn't mean it as a personal attack. He meant it as polite critisim. I didn't call the modelling work crap. It's a well done model. I didn't call the artist a jerk, or rude, or say he was abusing his family, either. Flat out? You guys want to pick a fight, go somewhere else. Again. /I/ did NOT personally attack Anton, like he did in a private message to me, which amounted to 'You're a doody head! You're so mean!'. I simply stated fact. And I said /traditional/ Romani, not MODERN. If DAZ had called it "Modern Romani and Genies" I'd not have batted an eye. But again. As lovely a model as it is, it's not traditional garb, beyond the jewelry. And Anton, I meant what I said. Message me again, and watch me contact your bosses at DAZ /and/ the Renderosity staff. I don't need your personal insecurities aired to me.

Kreations By Khrys

SpectreOfDesire ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 3:52 PM

Oh brother. I have Romani blood and I'm not flipping out over this. For real, just take a pill and relax a bit, man. A cultural slur, perhaps. Racial slur, I don't buy it. And it's nothing like the slur used against black Americans. For the record, no, it's not really 'traditional' wear. But then again, what -is- traditional anymore? Regardless, it was really a petty thing to freak out about. In my honest opinion, and I mean no disrespect anywhere or to anyone, but the problems should have been private in the first place. It was wrong to have stated displeasure in the open, and it was wrong to have responded in the manner that happened. And also, uhh. Most 'traditional' Romani women are stuck in ways that are slowly dying. Not only do I have Rom blood, but for several years I lived next to a Rom family who made enough money to buy a home. They'd often ask me to come over and read things to them. However, after a few months, they sold the home and moved on. Some tradtions never die, and some fade away as the years go by. Somehow, I lost my train of thought. But yeah, whatever. I'm Rom blood, but I stand in defense of Anton, because this wouldn't have happened if some offensive, while unintentional, remarks hadn't been made.

SpectreOfDesire ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 3:54 PM

Oh, an added thought. Most traditional Rom women aren't very respectable anyway. And this is coming from someone who has Rom blood. Thanks. :)

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 3:59 PM

One, I'm not the one flipping out. Anton is, insulting me and my family. Real good customer service. All I said is that no traditional Rom woman would be caught dead in it. Not because it's tacky, but because it exposes too much skin. Yes, the way is dying. I really don't care. I don't like the word. And racial wasn't the term I was looking for, it was cultural. I'm sorry. I tend to interchange the two, which is a bad habit. Flat out, this thread can rant and prove I'm a horrible person without my help. I'm already convinced my art is shit and I'm unwelcome here, and this and the rant thread are just furthering it. Please, no one PM me, because, get this, I don't want to HEAR IT. K? K.

Kreations By Khrys

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 4:05 PM

It's a credit card Krys not a sword. Keep you bad mood to yourself. I am insulting noone. I consulted people and Romi resources for the Gypsies and Genies costume. It covers more than almost anything out there. I suggest if you don't want to here it don't start it. You don't like it fine, but to say it is nothing but cheescake that is like calling Romi people "N" is crap. You are mad and me and/or daz and was blowing off steam. Just be honest about it. K? I am thoroughly annoyed and disgusted.

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 4:11 PM

"Khrys, how dare you say such a thing. Don't ever speak to me like that again. That "n" cooment was so uncalled for. Don't you have friends or family to abuse." Hm. That last bit sounded a bit like 'You're a horrible person. I bet you beat your wife'. It /is/ cheesecake, Anton. I used it in a cheesecake image, as a matter of fact. That's not saying it's bad. That's saying it's a little sexy outfit that most people can't pull off in real life. And no, I wasn't blowing off steam. Blowing off steam is something I did in an entirely different thread. I've never had issue with you before, and honestly, I never want to deal with you again. As for bad moods and swords... Mm. Practice what you preach, Mr. "I could throttle!" You're a professional artist representing a BIG name company and showing yourself to be the petty brat you are is quite sad. You posted that thinking I'd not be back. I'm back to turn off this STUPID STUPID thread notify!

Kreations By Khrys

kbennett ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 4:18 PM

... already. Kev.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 4:19 PM

whatever. get your last word in. Vent all you want. Call me names. whatever makes you feel better. after all that waht it is all about. At least you admitted to me in IM that this is all because I post a product link to the Daz store and you got mad at me.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.