Mon, Oct 21, 10:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Anyone seen a Glass Wall????????

Strixowl ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 4:35 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 8:47 PM

Looking for a Glass Wall prop. Anybody walk into any lately? Freebie preferable.

Gort ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 4:52 PM

You can probably make this yourself PDQ. 1 select and size the poser box as desired. 2 Set transparancy max to 90%-95%. Tranparancy min to, oh, um,.. say 10%-15% 3 set the color to white or blue-white, or green-white as desired... you may have to diddle with these settings a bit, but the results should be close to what you're after. Have fun!

JoeyAristophanes ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 4:53 PM

Take a box. Stretch to fit. Set the transparency sliders for the amount of see-through you want. Add some ambient light in light blue (not white). Voila.

JoeyAristophanes ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 4:53 PM

Gort: LOL -- great minds, similar gutters. :-)

OpticalSingenoid ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 6:36 PM

I made one a while back. It was made for a shower stall, but can work for just a wall. Send me an email with "Glass Wall" in subject & i will email it to you! Marco

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 9:46 PM

Do you want a solid or glass brick wall. I'm working on modeling a glass brick one right now.

cooler ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 11:06 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_56416.jpg

I modelled this glass brick wall a while back. It uses 16 brick "modules", (each about 48K in obj format) so you can literally built it as you go. If interested send me an email at coolerBear@att.net & I'll ship it back by return mail

OpticalSingenoid ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 11:17 PM

file_56417.jpg

Nice one Cooler! Here's the texture i used for my glass wall. I know, it's ugly! but, used with the right transparency settings... Marco

cooler ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 11:28 PM

Marco, In my picture above I used the reflection map to get the frosted glass effect, yours would be an interesting pattern if applied as a bump map rather than as a texture. Try the following sometime & let me know if you like the effect Transparency 100% default silver reflection map 50% check multiply through lights color setting object- lt grey (192,192,192) highlight- drk blue (0,0,64) ambient- black (0,0,0) reflective- drk grey (100,100,100)

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 11:34 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=1218399

Here's one I just modeled. Wanted it to look like the bricks were set in concrete or metal. All the materials are P5.

OpticalSingenoid ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 11:42 PM

Yes, Cooler. I forgot to mention that it's better used as a bump map! :-) I rarely use poser for renderings anymore. So, i'm a bit "Spoiled" by the Better shaders & lights of C4D. This glass texture's been around for a few years. I think Caszie's site still has the original prop. I just need to find her site again... But, i must admit that finding solutions in Poser can be both a headache & Fun! "The Sweet & the Sour..." :-)) Thanks for the tip Cooler! Marco

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.