Fri, Sep 20, 10:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: SR3 not installing.

marvlin ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 3:46 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:11 PM

I have just backed up and uninstalled my poser5 application. I have been trying to install the sr3 figure updater and sr3 app. updater but in both cases it says CRC invalid. Any ideas.

i7 5930K 3.60Ghz | ASUS X99-S Motherboard | Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM | NVIDIA TitanX | Antec 1000w Power supply | Windows 10 x64 Home

RadiositySG ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 3:50 PM

So as I understand it, you reinstalled P5 cleanly before patching up right? If that is so and it fails, something's modifying your files which causes CRC errors. Do scan for any virus since viruses tend to change file checksums.

williamsheil ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 4:34 PM

CRC is an acronym for Cyclic Redundancy Check, and its the basic method used by file decompressors to check that the data in the file has not been corrupted. When you see this error, it therefore almost always means a corrupted CAB or ZIP or program updater file, usually resulting from a bad or prematurely terminated download. In this case, you've almost certainly failed to download the patch correctly, not surprising given its size. Try again, and see if GetRight will work as this will automatically recontinue after interruptiono and lost connections. Bill

marvlin ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 5:19 PM

Yeh, it was the corrupted download causing the problem, as you said, I used get right the second time and it installed straight the way. Thanks for that :o) Strangely though I cannot locate the UI interface, even though it is selected and should be there, anyone else have this problem.

i7 5930K 3.60Ghz | ASUS X99-S Motherboard | Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM | NVIDIA TitanX | Antec 1000w Power supply | Windows 10 x64 Home

Badco ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 5:29 PM

Prematurely terminated downloading is not the case. We are downloading the file correctly. Either our servers or the CL server is screwing it up somwhere. We can download it in its entirety, but once downloaded, then run, it then shows that it is corrupt. CL's answer, afaik, was just to download it again. I guess we just download it untill we get one that works. I got the Sr3 updater to work, after the 3rd download of it but still have not gotten the Sr3 figure updater to work yet. Maybe my 6th try will be the GOOD one ! Fingers crossed !

williamsheil ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 5:35 PM

Hi Badco Still a good idea to use GetRight, it seems to keep much better track of the integrity of downloads. Even if the file seems to have downloaded correctly, there still seems to be some tendency, with very big files (35MB IIRC) for the download to choak right at the last few packets unless you use a good download manager. Bill

Badco ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 5:52 PM

Yessss !!!! The 6th try was the charm ! Whoooooohoooo ! I appreciate the info Bill but I never had a corrupted download untill I downloaded this SR3. I had no trouble with SR2 or SR1. I have downloaded tons of files, even up around 100MB with no problem. Seems wierd that I have to spend $25 and install another program onto my computer just to get an uncorrupted file. Do you think that maybe CL is in cahoots with Getright ? (grin)

Curious_Labs ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 11:22 PM

Hi, Is it possible for the people who are experiencing a CRC issue to post the file received (with the CRC issue) to our FTP site? Host: darla.curiouslabs.com User: sr3upload Pw: crcerror We've tried numerous downloads worldwide and have had no luck reproducing this issue. And our engineers would like to view a file that has actually experience this error. Also, I'm not sure that most know my role at CL. I can not claim it is a role that could offer the technical support that is needed in response to installation of SR3. I am interested in making sure we as a company communicate and support our customers with these service releases so I have been relaying the problems as posted to the forums back to engineering so that I can post answers in a manner that helps customers. I will have more staff involved in all of this come Monday from both the US and Germany. You can send me IM from this site on issues that are related to the SR3 fixes as well so I can pass onto our engineers as well. Kind regards, Katherine

marvlin ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 1:31 AM

Ooops, I overwrote mine when I re-downloaded :o( sorry.

williamsheil ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 3:40 AM

Katherine, Don't sweat the CRC errors. It's generated internally when the decompressor in InstallSheild (or whatever) finds that the patch download is corrupted or incomplete, not too surprising considering the hit that your servers are probably taking with the demand for the SR. The best solution is to ensure that the servers continue to support GetRight as a download manager (this was set up when SR1 was released), and to recommend that people (especially those with dial-up connections) use it as a download manager. This will also help to reduce the traffic, since there will be far fewer people performing repeated unsuccessful download attempts. Bill

Badco ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 8:34 AM

I uploaded the figures updater exe to the ftp just now. I still had it in my recycle bin. 1. I installed Poser5 from scratch. 2. I ran the SR3 Updater. 3. I ran the SR3 Figures Updater. Win XP Pro w/service realease 1 installed Pentium4 2.4b ghz 512MB Rambus Ram If you need somthing else just let me know. badco@badco3d.com

samcclung65 ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 10:20 AM

Hey, thanks. I was having the same problem. Got SR3 to work on the third try, but had to get GetRight to get the figure updater to work.

Graybeard ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 10:59 AM

Hi Katherine! I have uploaded the SP3 file with the crc-error to your ftp-site as requested. I downloaded the file twice - still encountered the crc-error. I have a 512 ADSL-connection - and I have never encountered similar problems - even with large files - like video-files. Good luck with fixing what you can from your side. Best wishes Graybeard

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.