Mon, Oct 21, 10:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: First Attempt at Simple Prop ????????????

Strixowl ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 4:42 PM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 8:31 PM

All I really want is a cylinder with a cone on each end. After an hour I finally got the 3pieces to stick/become one. Great but it would only let me move it on the X & Y axis forget Z, no go. Then for the heck of it I went to the Materials editor and assigned materials, then saved to props library and deleted the new prop and tried to load it. It loaded but was invisible. All I want is a NoseSpike type piercing I can put a texture on and scale and move as I need. I was following Geeps tute but it got confusing because what he was doing was more complex. Any insights oh great and knowledgeable ones ??????

tasquah ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 4:55 PM

its pretty easy if you have uv mapper to make them. Its whips out some pretty nice props. Best way to do it would be to parent the 2 end pieces to the middle cylandar part. If you have a photo of what your trying to make i can whip one up for you.

tasquah ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 5:20 PM

I opened up poser and tried there basic props and it looks like they all have the origin at the ends of one side. so you probly need to center them some more. Use wire frame display mode and double click the prop and check the show origin box. This opens up 3 new dials to use . The origin Y dial should move it to the center of the clyndar . I would leave the 2 cones origin alone. When it centered move the cones in and parent them then drop it to the floor save it and export / import it back into poser .

maclean ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 5:37 PM

file_60037.jpg

Here's a simple one I knocked up and the steps involved. Takes 5 minutes, if that. 1. Open the poser cylinder. Set X and Z scale to 30%. Press ctrl-c to copy it. 2. Open the poser cone. Press ctrl-v to paste the scale values. Use Ytrans to raise it. 3. Open another cone. Press ctrl-v again. Set Zrot to 180 degrees. Use Ytrans to lower it. Go to Menu/File Export/Wavefront OBJ (alt-f-e-w) and click OK on the 1st dialog box (hierarchy menu). Give your obj a name. On the last dialog box, uncheck ALL OPTIONS. 4. Go to Menu/File/Import/Wavefront OBJ (alt-f-i-w) and find the obj file. Uncheck ALL OPTIONS. Your obj will appear at exactly the same size and in exactly the same position. 5. Scale it down to the necessary size. OK. This is all a bit kludgy, but it gives you the general idea. You can set the scale properly before you export, or you can scale the single obj to size, re-export it and re-import it, which brings it back to 100% on the dial. Point is, if you export the pieces, when you re-import it will be one object and have it's own default rotation center. mac

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2003 at 11:42 AM

or if you're lazy like me, go to the Modelling forum here and pick up either Wings 3d (www.wings3d.com), or Anim8tor. 3 primitive objects, glom together, and you're dealing..it can be addictive, tho..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.