Tue, Sep 24, 5:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Contest Announcements

Welcome to the Contest Announcements Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Contest Announcements F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 5:05 am)

Subject: Dark Visions has ended. Voting Begins.

Crasher ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 10:04 AM

Very nice turnout, guys, keep them coming. Still two more days. I'd like to remind people that only the first vote received per person will be used. Thanks. :D I don't make the rules, I just enforce them. :D

artistheat ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 10:09 AM

Trini ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 10:17 AM

84 LG Trini

Ayre ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 10:24 AM

I vote for #04, hoping that will cheer up my friend who's been going through a lot lately. :O)

Destinie ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 10:49 AM

My vote is for 89

kratznet ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 11:40 AM

cwshorty ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 11:57 AM

dcorbin ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 11:58 AM

I like # 49

dcorbin ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 11:58 AM

dcorbin ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 11:59 AM

I vote for #80

dcorbin ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 12:04 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, violence

I LIKE # 49

Cisco_Dude ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 1:09 PM

55 is good.

Rhiannon ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 1:18 PM
Online Now!

Mel and Andy ... I was determined to hold my tongue on this one (I'm sorry Martin), but your rude and accusatory comments truly took me by surprise ... I would not have expected it from either of you. As to "kissing ass" and getting friends to vote for them, we all know this to go on in many situations, contests, etc., here at R'osity ... and just about anywhere for that matter. But, I'm curious ... did you not vote for "your" friend? Of course, I'm sure the argument could be that this friend's entry into the contest just happens to be the one you believe should win and is the best. Do you not feel that everyone else here, who has graciously helped out with this contest by voting, deserves the courtesy of doing the same thing without being harrassed and attacked by you or anyone else who might try to force their opinions upon them, no matter what their motives might be? And btw, Picasso made great art ... Michaelangelo made great art ... Dali made great art. No? Well, it's all very subjective, isn't it? It's a bloody "contest" for christ sake, and hopefully everyone who entered had some great fun and I wish them all the best, even if they didn't make what you term "great art." If I could vote, I would ... turns out I'm a judge ...

fugitive ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 1:36 PM

My vote goes for # 55, awsome.

shaybear ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 2:08 PM

53 just as a side note in response to the comments, I too had thought ALL entries would be judged by the judges, and not only the 5 that voters liked best... personally i feel this shold have been stated on the rules page of the contest. I know at least 3 people who entered this contest would not have done so had they known the judges would not actually be judging all entries, but only those deemed by viewers as "worthwhile". just my 2 cents worth....may not gain popularity but i feel this should have been made clear from the start.

cwshorty ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 2:24 PM

Actually it was on the rules page from the beginning "7) After entries close, a link to the site will be posted in the forum. Place your vote for Image 1, 2 or 3 and so on. One vote per person. The names of the artist will not be shown. All images must be new and never before seen in any gallery, or website"

nmedley ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 2:25 PM

Destinie ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 2:33 PM

Hi, I probably shouldn't say anything, but I am going to go a head anyways. I have never entered a contest before and thought this was really cool. I am amazed at all the bickering though. I read through the rules twice, knew I was being judged by my peers. Worked for 4 days on my image and entered. I have seen some fantastic work submitted and looked forward to the voting link so I could vote for my favorite (which wasn't mine I might add) I think this is a neat way to see who the people vote for and I saw the list of judges and think they will do a good job voting for the final five. Like I said, I have never entered a contest before but I entered this one because the rules were outlined so clearly from the beginning as well as what was expected from the participants. I would like to congratulate all the participants because I think everybody did a great job and just by entering whether we win or not we got to stretch our imaginations and be a part of something that is a lot of fun. I really hate to see this become a battle field. Destinie

worim ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 2:39 PM

I vote for #71

DM ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 2:48 PM

Hello all. I would like to inform to you that participant number 84 has asked to be removed from the Contest. We are very sorry for this inconvenience and we ask the people that voted for this contest entry (84) to do it again. As I said we are very sorry of any polemic concerning to the public voting of this contest. Procedure that was displayed from the begining in the Rules page. I want to thank you in advance for your comprehension and support. Danie

My Store | My Gallery

miyu ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 2:50 PM

My vote goes to 16. Very hard choice though! Everybody did very good!

Stormi ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 3:04 PM

All the entries are fantastic. Voting 04 please.

"The best and most beautiful thing in life cannot be seen, not touched, but are felt in the heart."

• Helen Keller

AngelPrincess ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 3:35 PM

I'm gonna have to go with 71

DigitalDreamer ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 3:48 PM

starlght237 ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 3:50 PM

My vote is #56 Good luck to everyone!

zerlev ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 3:54 PM

I vote for 90

vector ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 3:57 PM

I vote for #90

shaybear ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 4:04 PM

yes i realize it stated that on the rules page, and did not mean to seem like i was saying i did not notice that. my main point was that it did not specifically say the images will be voted by peers, and the 5 most popular will then go on to be judged by the official judges. clarification on the procedure was what I was saying. that being said, even though yes personally i was dissappointed to see how it was actually going to be handled, i think the idea of the contest was fantastic, and the entries were all wonderful.

Nanni ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 4:28 PM

Miriah ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 4:40 PM

TitaTita ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 4:54 PM

Sin la menor duda: 90

Rai ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 6:06 PM

I'm actually kind of disappointed. My friend and I entered the contest before some of the rules and such were changed around. =(

SpiritofWinter ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 6:54 PM

I vote 77

CnS ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 6:57 PM

I vote 60

smokebox46and2 ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 7:50 PM

Placing a vote for 49

draven87 ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 9:46 PM

My vote is for # 56

LadyFire_Ice ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 9:53 PM

I love 60 ,, that's my vote,, All the entries are excellent and it was definately hard to choose. Good Luck to all.

PoisenedLily ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 9:58 PM

Personally I like 90, its a great image.

Dave71 ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 10:46 PM

I vote for 86

suitenezi ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 11:59 PM

My vote is for #86

edmcbride ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 1:08 AM

I vote for number 63!

kirisute ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 7:53 AM

71 gets my vote ;) good luck to all who entered though...some truly superb pieces of work ;)

kirisute ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 8:03 AM

just actually read the rest of this thread to see who is voting and for whom...... you know ive been around at Oisty a good couple of years now, and i can honestly say there are some of the most wonderful and dedicated and honest people with the community as you could ever wish to meet.....those as judges within this competition are without doubt amongst those i would name as those people.... accusations of contest rule changes, kiss ass winners and suchlike just dont flow with those people..... its a contest....the rules are and have been always plainly stated on the website....and to besmirch the honour of those judging is by me reckoning beyond reproach.....alot of hard work and alot of time has gone into the contest and its design and prizes.... personally i salute everone who entered and especially those who sit upon the judge panel! good luck all....its not the winning that counts...

kirisute ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 8:06 AM

oh and if you think this is kissing ass...from my count im gonna be lucky to get 2 votes! let alone win!!!!

minou ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 9:05 AM

I vote for #44

Trini ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 9:07 AM

77 LG Trini

jov212 ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 9:16 AM

solavisfolket ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 10:03 AM

I'm going with 71

Jaesha ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 12:36 PM

Kudos and Ditto to what you said kirisute: "its a contest....the rules are and have been always plainly stated on the website....and to besmirch the honour of those judging is by me reckoning beyond reproach.....alot of hard work and alot of time has gone into the contest and its design and prizes.... personally i salute everone who entered and especially those who sit upon the judge panel! good luck all....its not the winning that counts..." Truly good words and to the point at hand. Everyone worked hard and submitted their pictures with an understanding of what the rules were. To go back after the fact and try to smear the rules and judges is in poor taste and belittles what the contest was all about to begin with. The contest is good exposure and experience to those like myself, who may never have participated in something like this.

Crasher ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 12:50 PM

Today is the last day for the voting. It ends tonight at Midnight, so get those votes in everyone. =)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.