Mon, Sep 23, 9:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 8:55 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Triceratops WIP

juan_carlos ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 11:54 AM ยท edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 9:34 AM

file_67523.jpg

Hi! I've been lurking in this forum but never posted anything. I usually post my work in the Rhino forum, and thought I would share this with all of you, too. This is a triceratops I'm currently working on, the head is not completed yet, and the body is not even started, there are tons of work left. Comments and crits are welcome.

juan_carlos ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 11:57 AM

file_67524.jpg

Here's the wireframe.

BazC ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 12:28 PM

Beautiful work juan carlos! Really nice modelling :o)

Poppi ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 6:42 PM

hi, juan carlos... excellent, as usual.

Moebius87 ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 10:02 PM

Superb modeling... not being a Rhino modeler, I find it very, very curious how the flow of the polygons around the eyes and the base of the horns don't have to joing the flow of the rest of the head. Can someone please explain how that works? Thanks! M

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

BazC ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 2:47 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=440&Form.ShowMessage=1320354&Reply=1320495#4

Heya Moe!, I asked exactly the same thing of Teyon just a little while ago. His answer is at post 12 at the link. But it's just the way that bits get joined in Rhino if they're modelled seperately. - Baz

juan_carlos ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 12:18 PM

Thanks for your comments! Yes, they're blends. Teyon has explained it better than I could, it's basically the way you join different surfaces with a smooth transition between them, either in tangency pr curvature. It's very useful to attach arms or legs to a body, or when you need to add extra details to some part of the model without having tons of isoparms spreading all over the model, like I did with the eyes. I'll keep you updated with new WIPs.

Teyon ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 9:09 PM

Looking great, bud. Love the model.

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 11:06 PM

Superb job!!!

juan_carlos ( ) posted Mon, 21 July 2003 at 12:01 PM

Thank you, Teyon and GG.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.