Tue, Oct 22, 1:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: Koshini pushes MilGirl off the stage!

Hanz ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 1:38 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:06 PM

Hey, With all due respect to all you Koshini-fans out there, I do think she gets way more stuff than she deserves! Don't get me wrong, I like Koshini and I do plan on getting her at one time or another, BUT: I use the MilGirls, especially PS, a lot, and quite frankly I'm sick and tired of being stuck with year-old clothing packs while Koshini gets all the goodies! Where's the wonderful MilGirl ballet outfit? Where's the cool MilGirl moonboot shoes? Where's the nifty 'true romance' pack for the MilGirls? Seriously, I think the MilGirls are seriously underequipped when it comes to clothing items. Have DAZ abandonded the girls altogether? Maybe not that many people bought the girls, and it's therefore bad business to produce stuff for them as it won't sell great, or...? Anyone? :) -Hanz

genny ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 1:44 PM

The wonderful MilGil ballet outfit is over at Poserworld, and has been there for quite some time? Don't know about the moon shoes........but if my PS girl was interested in "true romance" I personally, would be a bit worried. LOL! genny

Hanz ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 1:54 PM

Err, yeah I know about the poserworld ballet outfit, I'm a member there myself. But, I honestly find the DAZ ballet version to be a much better product, and I would like something like that to be produced for the MG. And, the 'true romance'-product is merely a dress (isn't it?) and a very nice product as well, even if it is produced to be worn by the wrong model... :) -Hanz

genny ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 2:15 PM

Ahhhh.....but that is "Not" the "Daz" version for Koshini.....her new outfit is created by "LittleFox" the creater of "Koshini". I find that everything "Littlefox" does for Koshini and now, Ichiro, is excellent. That is because she spends a great deal of time and care into creating her products. I was just joking about the "true-romance" thing with the ps girls.......so I hope you did not take offense. (: I know it is just a dress, and it was meant as a joke. (: Sadly, the milgirls did not become as popular as "Koshini" did.....so....perhaps that is why no-one has created more stuff for them? I too, bought them, and hoped to see more stuff available for them too........but........I, Like you still haven't seen that much. genny

Hanz ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 2:28 PM

No no no no! I did not take offense, I got the joke, take it easy now, genny :) It's just such a bummer that such great meshes as the girls have so little quality stuff to wear. Such a shame. And, oh, DAZ didn't create Koshini, LittleFox did, right...I must have missed that one, sorry. And, I guess, all DAZ manpower goes to Mike3, doesn't it... sigh... :) -Hanz

jarm ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 3:18 PM

Here, here, death to Koshini!!!!! :-)

Hanz ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 3:21 PM

Well, if not death, then at least force her at gunpoint to surrender some of her great clothing items to meshes who really needs 'em. :) -Hanz

3-DArena ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 4:27 PM
Online Now!

I have to say "kudos" to Ladylittlefox - she released great new character meshes and has insured that they have a variety of clothing items and options. If only DAZ had done the same with the mil kids. I love those meshes but the lack of clothing prevents their usage.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Puntomaus ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 4:28 PM

The MilGirls aren't popular - did I just read that? Ever looked at the galleries of Zrincx, Thorne, Sarsa, Turtle or mys'elf ? The MilGirls are way better to work with than Vicky and I am pretty sure that there is something nrw on the way for them.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

dolfijntjes ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 5:12 PM

Agree with Puntomaus I love Koshini and the mill-girls and it's not to blame on Koshini. Lady Littlefox is indeed taking good care by making so much stuff for her creations. And i love to see more for the mill-girls Mada's petals are great and there's more but I agree not enough

Blazerwiccan ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 11:24 PM

Here Here with all that LadySilverMage, Puntomaus, and dolfijntjes said. I love both Koshini and the Mil Kids. I think it is wonderful that Ladylittlefox has done so much for Kohini and that she brought her to life for Poser. If I had more money I would own everything out there for Koshini and for the Mil Kids. I also hope more will be on the way for the Mil Boys as well. But I do not think Koshini or Ladylittlefox is to blame in anyway.

greenbd ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 11:56 PM

I just got the Mil Girls a week or two ago. It's true that they're not nearly as well supplied as Vicky or Mike, but some nice stuff is out there--try PoserFashion.net for some good free dresses. There were also a number of Japanese artists who offering excellent free clothes (overalls, shirts, school uniforms, leotards) for both girls during Yamato's TenTen Fair. PoserStyle is starting to support them, too--there was a PT conversion pack for the PoserStyle Vicki archer, and now there are Character Construction Sets for both and an Expression Construction Set for the Preschooler. Koshini looks fun too, but I'm not sure my student loans will let me go there.... :) Anyway, don't lose hope!

Mehndi ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 1:37 AM

Attached Link: PoserPros

file_67700.jpg

Hi Hanz :) Do you have this stuff for the Mil Girls? It might be sort of the look you are looking for maybe? Character is Miko for the Preschooler. Clothing is Mada's Petals. Texture on clothing is Perfect Petals Spring Butterfly Kit.

genny ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 3:15 AM

Pontomaus........perhaps I used the wrong words.....Not popular? I didn't mean that they, themselves, are un-popular (I have them too, and the milboys as well)what I meant was, that the modelers out here in poserworld, didn't seem to take advantage of creating more things for the "milgirls" as they have for "Koshini". Just take a look at both the freebies and the marketplace, here, on Renderosity. I like them all, and I do wish there was more available for the milgirls, and since I don't model anything.......all I can do is wait and see what new products may come up. (: genny

elgyfu ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 5:17 AM

I adore my MilGirls. I love making little fairies and gnomes. Have you seen PoserStyles new Expression and Character packs - they are really brilliant! Plus the TenTen stuff is top-notch and free. I do love Koshini but agree that Daz favours some models more than others, where are all the Stephanie textures for example? Still, long live Koshini, she is a superb model!

Puntomaus ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 5:55 AM

Genny, maybe I got it wrong - now I know what you mean.

I have a lot of clothing for the MilGirls - I have angielyns Alexis, Tatiana and Trinity (RMP) which all came with clothes and Mada's Petals (PoserPros) and Preciuos China (at DAZ)and all the cool things Bat has offered and the TenTen clothes from Rubio, Yamato and all the other generous people who gave away their cool stuff for free.

But yes, I agree, DAZ isn't doing much for them. I would love to see some stuff for the MilGirls in the PlatinumClub. Why don't they convert the Gypsies&Genies to the MilGirls, I am sure that would be cute - or the Spyware. See, I use the PreTeen more as a teenager with additional morphs - the default PT out of the box isn't really what I like. I would like to see fantasy clothing for them as well - Mini Adventures for example but I guess that will never happen. Oh, and Koshini is one of my favourite dollies at the moment as well. The idea is great: new clothing packs on a regular basis with new hair and textures and always in excellent quality for a reasonable price.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

ernyoka1 ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 6:40 AM

file_67701.jpg

I hope that now when the Lil Uns by Capsces are out, people would feel a bit more tempted to make something for the poor mill kids. If you think the GIRLS are having a hard time, then look at what is out for the BOYS... If it wasn't for PoserWorld my Mill kids would have to go nekkid... Ah but Capsces is also working on a morph set for Koshini... So... I wouldn't bet too much on it. *sigh* Btw I have a dress and slippers for the PT girl in freestuff.

Hanz ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 8:04 AM

It's nice to see that so many of you get my point, and that most of you agree with me that the MilGirls are overlooked by modellers. => Puntomaus, you're right on the spot. Mini-versions of already existing DAZ products would be extremely nice to see. So Daz: Get to work, guys! I think we need more ordinary clothing stuff for the girls (ie. not fairy/elf - stuff, but ordinary clothing items!), so let's all join in prayer that modellers around the world will start looking into our needs. :) - Hanz

Blazerwiccan ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 8:18 AM

Ok just a quick look at some of the stuff out there for the kids, I own most but not all of this wonderful stuff. There is tons more out there not to mention textures packs for most of this stuff. Precious China by Mada and Zrincx DAZ Character, Clothing and Textures For PT Areophany of Mars by Throneworks DAZ Character, Hair, Props, Clothing, and Textures For PS Amara Delgado by Diane Griffith DAZ Character, CatSuit, and textures* For PT Ziza by ThorneWorks DAZ Character, Clothing, Props, and textures* For PT Renderosity and Poser Pros Mary Janes shoes by Xena Renderosity and Poser Pros Pippa by FaerieGuild and Mysticwinter Character, shirt, and textures For PT Fever Fashion Jessy by Sprinter Renderosity Character, Hair, Clothing and textures For PT Fever Fashion PreTeen CD By Sprinter Renderosity Clothing, Hair, Lights, Props, and textures For PT MilGirls Preschool Dress by Stormrage Renderosity clothing and Textures For PS Party dress for the preTeen by Stormrage Renderosity Clothing and Textures For PT Princess Tatiana by angielyn Renderosity Clothing, Props, Character, and textures For PT Pre-Teen Dancer Clothing by Arduino Renderosity clothing, Shoes, Hair and textures For PT Alexis by angielyn Renderosity Clothing, Character, Props and Textures for PT Petals Mil. Girls Clothing By Mada Poser Pros Clothing and textures for Both PT and PS

Hanz ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 9:04 AM

=> Blazerwiccan, thanks for listing all these nice products, and of course you're right: there are some nice products out there... But, as I think I mentioned earlier, I mostly use PS...do a count in your list: 11 of your 14 mentioned items are for PT, 2 is for both and 3 is for PS (please excuse if I counted wrong, but still my point is illustrated). So, my argument still holds water doesn't it? Sure, there are products out there, but not really that many for PS. Bu the way, you forgot to mention Digital Cat Medias very nice Mil Girls Essential Clothing, the very nice comstume shop pack (can't remember the author name off the top of my head, it's available at DAZ's), the Little French Maid pack (again, can't remember the authorname off the top of my head, it's also available at DAZ's). All I'm saying: I'd like to have good quality items more frequently. Afterall most of these nice packages come many months apart. :) -Hanz

Crescent ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 12:15 PM

file_67702.jpg

It took me 5 minutes to get the Koshini ballet dress pieces and hair to fit the mil pre-teen. Simple parent the clothes to the mil girl instead of conforming them, then tweak the scaling and positioning. For the bodice, I had to give it a 4 degree bend as well. There's no post work on the image at all.

I suspect you can get a lot of the Koshini stuff to fit the mil girl pre-teen with just a little work. Forget the shoes, though. That's a lot of work. It may be possible to do with a good amount of tweaking, magnets and postwork, but I'm not up for that challenge right now. :)

Cheers!

Thorne ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2003 at 8:14 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=463137

I have to agree with Crescent, except for the shoes part, because those can be done almost as easily! It takes a little patience and some trial and error, but almost any available clothing for Vickie 1, 2, or 3 can be made to fit and even conform to the Mil girl PT. Any clothes made for the PT can be made to fit the PS even easier than that.

The linked image from my gallery here shows PT wearing some Vickie clothes (skirt and shoes), conformed.

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 11:54 AM

You know, lately every time something new comes out for Koshini I just sit down and cry for a few minutes. There are items out for her that I have been hoping against hope that someone would create for Vicky - the Lady of the Manor set, to be precise. I have a real use for those dresses, but unfortunately, Koshini is totally inappropriate for the project where I would use these. Oh sure, you can "tweak" them to sort of almost fit Vicky and I'm sure it would involve the heavy use of magnets. But I need them to conform because I need them for an animation sequence. Well, guess what? I can't use magnets. I don't know HOW to make the magnets work. I've followed every @#%@#$% tutorial on magnets that I can find, including Traveler's most excellent offering and I STILL can't get them to work at all. And even if I could get them to work, they still wouldn't be conforming, and therefore still useless. So, every time I see something new for Koshini or Ichiro that I've been hoping and praying some modeler would finally create for the other characters I just sit down and cry, it's so frustrating. It's the same with that stupid Vicky 3 (who is also unuseable due to the morph injection garbage). You know, now that I think of it, I'm really starting to hate Poser. ARGH!!

Thorne ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 1:05 PM

Kate sweetie- contact me via email and perhaps we can work something out- I'm not saying for sure because I have not attempted converting this particular outfit, but I do own it and I'm quite sure I can make it CONFORM to Vickie as long as I can make it FIT first lol

Thorne ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2003 at 4:18 PM

file_67703.jpg

eleven (11) magnets and some hours later... Actually you are right about doing this- it takes probably as much work to fit Koshini 7 to Vickie as it would be to just create the model in the first place! About 2 hours for magno-fitting, and the CR2 is so alien to anything that fits Vickie that it is another 2-4 hours of hand editing individual channels to make it conform. Definitely not for the faint of heart, and I'll spare you the "pro" puns lol Thorne the indomitable =};-}>

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2003 at 10:22 PM

Thorne, you are a glutton for punishment. ;-) Now you know why the whole thing is so frustrating for those of us who just can't quite get the hang of magnets or joint parameters and all those other lovely things that modelers and clothing makers do for us. What you have already managed to do would have taken me weeks. I would seriously be willing to pay for conversions from one character to another on a lot of items out there. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. :) Kate (who knows her limits)

Caly ( ) posted Tue, 23 September 2003 at 10:43 AM

Wow, Thorne, that's a ton of work there! :) Heck, I know I'd pay for V3 versions of most of Koshini's stuff. Lady Littlefox does lovely work, and if it had all of the V3 morphs built in...! Wow, could you ever get versatility. Especially if Capsces got around to doing a Roxanne for V3. ;)

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Mehndi ( ) posted Tue, 23 September 2003 at 11:54 AM

Has anyone tried to persuade Little Fox to make clothing for the Mil.Women/Girls? The problem with such heavy duty morphing is it will also equally heavily distort the UV coordinates on the model, making it so that textures perhaps look bad, depending on the texture, and the amount of distortion.

Caly ( ) posted Tue, 23 September 2003 at 8:24 PM

Yes, in another thread she said it would take quite a bit of work to redo 'em for the Millenium figures- time that would detract from her Koshini/Ichiro work. She prefers not to detract from her main 2, so the conversions to the Mil figures by her aren't very likely, but you never know.

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.