Tue, Oct 1, 5:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Such a nice boy, but nobody loves him

fauve ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 8:37 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 5:18 AM

file_71007.jpg

Poor Don, the Poser version of abandonware. He gets no respect, he gets no use, and even his "mom" and "dad" over at RDNA don't make clothes or textures for him. But he does have that amazing Face Room. I'm going to have to break down and make a Don hybrid that has his head and either the P4 man or Mike's body. And one for Judy with either Posette or Vicki.

Spit ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 10:01 PM

It is kind of sad, isn't it? But we are so spoiled.

EricofSD ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 10:33 PM

actually, I use don whenever I need a male model. I have the lo res Mike now, but just don't hardly ever use it.

vilters ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 2:11 AM

Oh what a great idea. I have been asking this for months now as I don't have the tools nor skill to do it myself. Please put Don's head on the P4 male, and Judy's head on Posette and put them in freestuff. The artists that really need detail work (and have the resources for it) have bought the V's, and those that want simpler figures with a good head, can use the P4 people with the P5 faces in the faceroom. Oh, you are a Gods blessing. There are sooo many items for the P4 figures and body's. Would be happy to test them for you. tony.vilters@pandora.be

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 3:18 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_71008.jpg

Er honestly I'd rather have Posette's head on Judy's body... I see no point in puting Don and Judy's heads on older, lowrez bodies. Their bodies are actually quite good. Here's a comparison render I once made of Don and Mike, Don's body is ok. He's a little er... small... at some points... but... his body isn't bad at all.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

stewer ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 4:30 AM

How about a morph for Don and Judy that will make them fit into Millenium clothing?

3Dream ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 5:49 AM

Attached Link: http://www.3Dream.org

file_71009.jpg

Try to use my Don morph targets. They are available at renderosity free stuff. The link is just my site. 3Dream.

STORE: https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/vendors/3Dream

FREEBIES: https://www.renderosity.com/users/3Dream/freestuff

elgyfu ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 6:06 AM

file_71010.jpg

OKm most of you have seen it before but here is my Don version of Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I rather like Don and with dyanamic clothing you can do a lot with him. The face room is the best part of Poser 5.

fauve ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 7:17 AM

Ernyoka, Don and Judy's heads "out of the box" are nothing to get too worked up about, but they can use the Face Room, which is one terrific bit of technology. :-> Look at Elgyfu's Spike morph above. You can get some awesome results out of the Face Room! But since they're on Don and Judy, you're then left with these great characters that have almost nothing to wear. If those heads were on Posette and Dork's bodies they could use the huge amount of P4 stuff that's still around (and a lot of that is free.) Best of both worlds! I'm working on this from two angles... one, actually transplanting the Don and Judy heads on the P4 bodies, and the other just morphing the P5 bodies and changing their joint params to match Posette and Dork (sort of like Vina D or V3 to V2 -- those are still the same figure meshes, they've just been modified to use Victoria 2's clothes.) If I can get a decent result out of either method, I'll put it up in the Free Stuff. Elgyfu, that's one of the best Poser morphs I've ever seen. Wow!

elgyfu ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 10:05 AM

Thank you, fauve, I think it was a fluke! Most of my stuff sucks!

sandoppe ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 10:40 AM

So, where do we find this fine morph elgyfu??

ronstuff ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 4:43 PM

file_71011.jpg

When people ask for things like putting Dons head on the P4M body, I wonder whether they have looked very closely at Don. Here is a side-by-side comparison of the P4 man and Don. Notice that in all major proportions (overall height, waist size, shoulder spread, leg lengths etc.) they are almost identical. I believe that this is not a coincidence, and was intended by the creators to make DON a high-res and better P4 man (same with Judy). Most people don't realize that many P4 POSES, PROPS and even P4 conforming clothing can be made to work with these new P5 figures. - see my next post.

ronstuff ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 4:48 PM

file_71012.jpg

Here the same set of P4 jeans without any modification have been conformed to the P4M on the left and Don on the right. I did have to set Dons legs & thighs to invisible to avoid poke-through, but otherwise the clothing fits moderately well without any alteration. For perfect fits, I think The Tailor might be able to handle this, but I've not tried it because I can get most things to work just with a few adjustments.

ronstuff ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 5:12 PM

Finally, when people say that Don has no clothing, I wonder if they have ever counted the number of clothing items that come with Poser 5. If they did, they would see that Don has 34 pieces of conforming clothing and 6 pieces of clothing props. Not counting a bodysuit (which would be nice to have), this is MORE clothing for Don than is avilable in Mikes Clothing Paks 1 & 2 plus the Suit Coat Pack. What we really need is more textures for Dons existing clothing. Together with Dons ability to use P4 items, and his new conforming clothing, I think there is a lot of unexplored potential there. BTW, fauve and elgyfu - VERY nice work on the faces.

fauve ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 6:06 PM

:-0!!

Darned if you aren't right, Ronstuff! I don't know why on earth I never thought to try that before. Unfortunately, it doesn't work quite as well for Judy (a certain portion of her anatomy is very different to Posette's. Not to put too fine a point on it, Judy got back -- there's a serious rump on that gal.) But still, a little tweaking, set a few bits to invisible, and it looks like quite a lot of conforming P4 clothing will work with Judy as well. Thanks for the tip!

The P5 figs did come with a nice selection of clothing. However, it's almost all modern, and can't be "historicized" even with textures (there's no long dress or skirt for Judy, for instance.) There are some good freebies, though; PhilC's free long coat for Don works as a priest's cassock or wizard's robe, and Ivyroses made a beautiful set of free Gothic plate armor for Don. Not a lot for Judy, though.

ronstuff ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 7:44 PM

I agree - period clothing would be great for both Don and Judy - there is also a need for fantasy items, but as you said about PhilC's great long coat, many things can be modified with some good transmaps and textures to look quite different. I also agree that it is more difficult to fit Judy than Don, but it can be done with a little more work. Do you know if anybody has tried using The Tailor to alter some of the existing Posette stuff for Judy or some of Michaels and P4M stuff for Don? I have the Tailor, but have never used it - maybe it's time to dust if off and give a try ;-)

Movitz ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 9:12 PM

But given the lack of things for Don and Judy, wouldn't that be a terrific market to corner? This question is directed to the content creators out there. I mean, a LOT more people use Don and Judy than Vic and Mike for the simple reason that most people are quite broke after having bought Poser. They'd probably be only to happy to buy trinkets and clothes for Judy and Don instead of shelling out even more for Vic and Mike, and then shell out for clothes and stuff. Where's people's spirit of enterprise these days? :-)

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 1:08 AM

It's not surprising that Don and Judy's bodies are almost identical to the Dork and Posette. Take a look at the meshes side by side and you will see why.

ronstuff ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 12:28 PM

Yes, they are both derived from P4 figures, but with important mesh additions and corrections in areas that were previously troublesome. From the standpoint of the mesh they are definite improvements on the P4 figures - Aesthetics is another matter and in the eye of the beholder ;-)

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2003 at 6:19 PM

Mesh_Magick, DAZ had nothing to do with the decisions in or creation of the content for Poser 5. That was entirely Curious Labs.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 6:04 AM

Well not that I have anything against rundna and I don't, But I think a professional lab should have been contracted to do the poser 5 figures. I think poser 5 needs a speed patch too. Other then that I think they greatly inprouved the product, But it could use some more improvments too. Daz needs lots of improuvments they rely too much on hosted products and not enough on thier, sure Mike 3 is comming out and I look forward to it. But I think Daz needs to hire professional artists to crank out more of thier own product line. serious I think DAZ must have 1 or 2 people working for them.

judith ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 10:37 AM

Mesh_Magick, RDNA did not model the P5 figures.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

E-mail | Renderosity Homepage | Renderosity Store | RDNA Store

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.