Sat, Sep 21, 12:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:22 am)

Subject: I am sick of these long threads with people complaining and argueing

insomniaworks ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 9:40 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:55 AM

Funny, this is a Poser Forum, to me that means that topics related to Poser can be discussed here. But, the hottest tipics seem to be about what should and what should not be discussed or what should or should not be posted here. I asked a question yesterday here in the forum and no one seems to be interested in talking about it or dicussing it. I have still not got a single reply. But launch a complaint and replys come in like a flood. What is wrong with this picture? Thank you marty-insomniaworks

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 9:52 AM

Welcome to the world of Renderosity.

Milla ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 9:56 AM

Cry-babies, cry-babies, cry-babies. It's sad that now people feel they have the right to dictate what goes where and in what board? This is a simple message board system and people are making it look like it's a governmental body!! C'mon people, get a life!!!

insomniaworks ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 10:27 AM

yeah, I think people just like to vent here over because they are stressed out about more serious issues in life. See my point, still no one has answered my magnet question in more than 18 hours but I have gotten 2 replys to my "Complaint" in about 15 minutes! Hahahahahahahhaa, isnt life a joke!!!!!

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 10:30 AM

Well, I didn't post to your magnet question because I've never gotten magnets to work....pretty pointless. I posted to this thread because I've been feeling cranky for a week. Sometimes getting a response is a matter of timing more than anything else.

x2000 ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 10:30 AM

Eh, part of that may be that the magnet question is harder to answer?

milamber42 ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 10:33 AM

Sometimes posts get buried pretty quick. I did a search for your post but could not find it. Can you post a link?

insomniaworks ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 10:39 AM

No explanations needed dialyn. Yes, my questions are usually very hard to answer. I am just joking about how complaining is going on here.

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 10:41 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1396575

I still don't have the answer. But I can find links. :)

c_hubert ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 10:42 AM

I know what you mean. Really it seems to me that the attitude of this place has changed over the past year or so. I remember just a year or so ago that if you had a question concerning concerning anything including a problem with daz, people where very open and friendly. About the only taboo was warez. But now, things have definitely changed around here, and not for the better.

Caly ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 10:45 AM

lol I appreciate the irony is all. :) I hate hate!! It's just that certain threads are just SOOO interesting, you can come in with some popcorn and enjoy the show. :)

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

insomniaworks ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 10:49 AM

Thank you Dialyn, I will repost the question again and ask it differently, in a way that makes more sence. The question is not why I complained. I complained because too many people are complaining in this Poser Forum, shouldn't there be a Complaining Forum?

milamber42 ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 10:52 AM

Thanks dialyn! I found it by searching on magnet. Jackson answered and I followed up with another post. Insomniaworks. Sometimes it takes a day or so to get an answer to something. It's that time zone thing... :) And you are right c hubert. It has changed, and some of the "old-timers" here moved on to RDNA, PoserPros, or 3D Commune. Exactly Caly! Some of the threads can be quite entertaining.

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 10:53 AM

There was a complaining forum but so many people complained about the complaints that it was removed, which left the complainers no where to go but here.

insomniaworks ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 10:55 AM

hahahahahahahaha, but the complainers are everywhere complaining about everything and they need to be put in check before it gets too late

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 11:02 AM

But they complain about changes made as a result of their complaints, so the changes are unchanged, which results in complaints about nothing being done, and so the result is that the complainers will always have something to complain about. And one can only hope that makes them happy. :)

rreynolds ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 11:03 AM

Congrats, you got 15, so far, threads about your complaint about complainers. :)

milamber42 ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 11:03 AM

I'm not sure, but I think the Complaint and Debate forum was removed because it turned into a flame fest. After that, a stricter TOS was created for the site.

insomniaworks ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 11:24 AM

I personally think the word "complaint" has been over used in this thread and wish to complain

ryamka ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 11:52 AM

c-hubert said: "I know what you mean. Really it seems to me that the attitude of this place has changed over the past year or so. I remember just a year or so ago that if you had a question concerning concerning anything including a problem with daz, people where very open and friendly. About the only taboo was warez. But now, things have definitely changed around here, and not for the better." C - I hate to tell you this, but THAT EXACT comment is made by someone EVERY YEAR about the previous year. I have been a member here under one account or another since almost the beginning. Everyone seems to think that the good ol' days are better than today. Hate to break it to you, but it was pretty much the same, just with less people. - Ray

Mason ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 11:53 AM

or is that wanting to have an arguement?

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 11:57 AM

I told you that you should have tried those shoes on before you got them. That's what you get for getting your shoes at Phil and Jim's Shoe Boutique...they look fine, but they always hurt your feet. I bet we can send this thread right off into the OT Forum if we start arguing about shoe business.

Quoll ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 12:00 PM

If you are sick of off topic threads why did you start one? ; )

moochie ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 12:10 PM

Well, why are we all here? Because we have a fun little hobby. We make pictures. I guess, for some people, the novelty has worn off. For me, every time I power up my machine I marvel at the artistic options available to me. It's fun, it's exciting and, I find, it encourages creativity.

Why do folk complain all the time? I blame television. Not the medium itself, but all the 'Consumer Rights' programmes there are. They have created a kind of sub-culture .. a culture of victimhood. Everything that's not as you like it is someone else's fault. And, in a free society, what is the aggrieved individual's most potent weapon? It sure ain't the ballot box (though it should be) .. no .. it's the personal complaint. So, in a way, they are exercising their democratic right.

But I'm not complaining about the complainers. No. I love you all. I pat you on the head. I thank you for your contributions to our little community. I sympathise with the turmoil in your spirits that makes you want to lash out. I offer you my chin .. go on .. punch my lights out if it'll make you feel better. Now .. breathe deeply, count to 10, and let me buy you a virtual beer.

ps. I am not on medication. I just have a happy and fulfilling life on-line, and I love making pretty pictures.

dan whiteside ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 12:22 PM

If you post a question here and it goes unanswered, try posting it on the Poser Technical Forum. It's a lot less likely to be missed. Best; Dan

insomniaworks ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 12:45 PM

Forget about the question I that had gone unanswered. Well actually it had been answered and I thank those who tried to answer my question. This thread is just for fun, its a joke. I am not serious at all. I am just interested in how far this thread will go. It is not serious. Its a joke on all of us. We are all are complaining about complaining in a thread that should have not even been started. And now people are beginning to get really serious about it. The lesson to be learned I think is that people enjoy nothing better than a good arguement. And in the absence of nothing to argue about, people will create something no matter how little and get angry about it.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 12:49 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12375&Form.ShowMessage=1396248

Here is a place to make suggestions about how you think the forums should be run.

mit123 ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 1:25 PM

No, no, no! I disagree with all of you!!!

seeklight ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 1:44 PM

Hahaah yer right Welcome to the world of the artist,who`s primary goal is to make art that sparks debat and arguments seeklight ps please dont take offenc as this is not my intention

Dizzie ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 1:50 PM

file_72841.JPG

Rock On!!

milamber42 ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 3:25 PM

Dizzie, LOL.....

pixelfader ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 4:03 PM

Attached Link: http://www.pixelfader.com

FYI, in this community alot of times people would rather B&*TCH than do anything constructive...lol

Lawndart ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 4:34 PM

I love the ones where someone will have a question like "Does anyone know how to make hair in PhotoShop"? Answer: Well Poser 5 sucks "Hey isn't the Mil Cat really nice? Answer: If Poser 5 didn't suck so bad it would be nicer. "Can someone explain how to install the ProPack for Poser 4"? Answer: I would explain but Poser 5 sucks so bad I can't. "Do you even own Poser 5? Answer: Uh.... Uh... Poser 5 Sucks ROFLMAO

insomniaworks ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 5:30 PM

I got around to checking out the link that PapaBlueMarlin posted and they have moved some of the arguemments to another Forum. I have to give him and those others credit for moving the arguemmentns about what should be aloud in the forum to another forum. They have shown me up for posting this thread. I am not taking a stand on either side of the issue of what should discussed in this forum and what should not be. This thread was a little fun on my part. They have every right to complain in this forum as others have showing off their new products. I am wondering why people feel the need to change things here at renderostity all the time when I am pretty much happy with the way things are. What is wrong with me that I am so happy?

volfin ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 5:34 PM

Kinda ironic that you would start one... lol

Jackson ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 5:54 PM

I have a complaint! I think this thread should be moved because it's OT and there are vendors in here leaving submilinaal messages about their products. And why doesn't someone come up with a standard Poser Unit for measure? And half the crap in the galleries are just nekkid vikies...that's not art! And Poser 5 sucks!

Lawndart ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 6:02 PM

Jackson: ROFL I think I saw a message in my Rice Crispies this morning to buy the Millenium Cat. DAZ IS EVERYWHERE!

quixote ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 8:29 PM

Huh! there's a Mil Cat? How does it render in P5? :)

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

Lawndart ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 8:46 PM

Purrrrrrrrfect. :)

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 3:25 AM

That's a complaint aint it?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.