Tue, Oct 22, 1:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:36 am)

Subject: Clothing creation and magnets

insomniaworks ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2003 at 6:49 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:26 AM

file_72777.jpg

Okay, here is another question for ya. I am working on pantyhose and just when the pantyhose fit her to perfection, I export it the obj and split the materials up with UVMapPro. Then load up the cr2 in poser and guess what...there are a few micro flaws - well very slight poke thrus to be exact. I fixed all the poke thrus with poser magnets as in the picture. Now, how can I save these corrections in my obj. I have tried a few things, but no success yet, but there must be a way.

thank you
marty-insomniaworks

insomniaworks ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2003 at 6:50 PM

Oh, sorry, when I said I split up the materials in UVMapPro, what I meant to say was GROUPS, not materials in this case

Jackson ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 10:20 AM

I don't work much with magnets but did you try to export again with them attached? Or I'd try spawning a morph target, delete the magnet, then export. Or spawn morph target, delete magnet, save as cr2. Good luck.

milamber42 ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 10:46 AM

insomniaworks, Jackson is on the right track. You need to spawn a morph and set the morph to 1 before export. You can leave the magents attached and just export the figure obj. I think I am (and Jackson is ) right about this. I'm never 100% sure about any answer though! :)

milamber42 ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 10:56 AM

BTW... Wyrmmaster's Voluptuous Vicky, Steffy Stax, Posetta Peaks, and his newer characters all use magents. In order to export the obj for rendering, you need to create some morph targets first. Also, to make sure the morph is correct, set the morph on the bodypart to 1 and the magent to 0.

insomniaworks ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 11:17 AM

Thank you, I will give this a try. I have had some problems with crashes during exporting figures to objs with magnets attached or multi-groups with the same. My experience had me assuming that the same would happen when I tried to export a figure to an obj with morph targets. Wait that don't make any sense, I have done that before a long time ago, I have forgotten. I don't do much rendering or exporting to other programs for rendering, most all my effort is put into modeling. I got in the habit of not exporting anything with out first, going to the material room and spawning a prop, then exporting the newly created prop to an obj that can be used by a cr2 to avoid crashes not knowing what exactly what I was doing that created the crashes. It was this thinking that had me boxed in. marty-insomniaworks

thip ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 12:11 PM

Import the OBJ, apply new magnets, copy the settings of the magnets shown above to modify the OBJ, then re-export the OBJ. Oughta work.

insomniaworks ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 12:23 PM

Okay, I spawned all the morph targets and removed the magnets as instructed. I exported the pantyhose as an obj and then edited a my cr2 for the new obj. But, I was not suprised when no geometry loaded when I loaded up the cr2 in poser. It says the figure is there, but it is invisable. I have seen this happen before when I was starting out and not following the directions. I don't understand all the technical reasons for this, but from my experience and from a tutorial that I once learned from, you have to spawn props and export the props to an obj for the cr2 to load it and work properly. I have tried ways my self. One way is to spawn a prop for every group. Then export all the props in one ohj. This loads up fine from the cr2, but the groups are not aligned properly anymore and there little spaces between them. In other words, they are not welded together. Another other way is to change it all into one group such as a hip and line it up on the figure, modify it with magnets and then split it into groups with UVMapPro. But this has a degree of inaccuracy which causes a few poke throughs to happen which brings be back to where I am now. So let me rephrase my question, How would I modify a multi-grouped figure in poser with magnets, then export it as an obj that can be loaded by a cr2?

thip ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 1:18 PM

I'd still try the suggestion in posting 7. When you have the new OBJ, use it to create a new figure using the old OBJ's CR2 (or just hack the old CR2 to point at the new OBJ). Works for me, anyway ;o)

markdc ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 3:21 PM

I like to spawn the morphs then save them to the cr2. That way you have some flexibility for different poses. -Mark

john_wft ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 10:43 PM

The suggestions for saving the changes to the pantyhose figure as morph targets is definitely the way to go but It seams that the heart of the problem is that you are exporting the pantyhose to do the UV mapping. You should do the UV mapping from the original obj file. The name of the obj file is in the pantyhose CR2 file. This can possibly be the cause of the holes. -Jay

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 11:26 PM

Here is what I would do: (1) Rename your ORIGINAL object file (the one that you already grouped) to a new name (for example, if it was named pantyhose.obj, name it pantyhose-bak.obj) (2) Make sure that your morphed stockings are zeroed out to the default pose in Poser, and export the morphed object as an OBJ file. Save it to the same folder as your original file, and give it the original name (example, pantyhose.obj) (3) Bring the NEW pantyhose.obj (which should now be the morphed, fixed version) into UV Mapper Pro. (4) Choose the File, Import UVs command. When asked which UVs you want to import, choose the original UVs from your renamed original file (pantyhose-bak.obj). (5) After UV Mapper applies the original UVs, save it again as pantyhose.obj I think that might do it. Denise

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.