Mon, Sep 23, 9:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 8:55 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Been silent awhile, thought I'd chime in with something....

Teyon ( ) posted Sun, 17 August 2003 at 3:13 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 9:29 AM

file_72141.jpg

I've been spending a lot of time finishing old models I made and put aside but I've been itching to start something new...so, without further ado: The Flying Dragon Thingie's Head. Much work to do still. Modeled in Rhino all one surface so far. Will post a wire shot shortly.

Teyon ( ) posted Sun, 17 August 2003 at 3:17 PM

Allow me to correct that, I only modeled half the head and mirrored it, so the half I modeled is all one surface. Nothing's been merged/joined, or otherwise connected just yet.

BazC ( ) posted Mon, 18 August 2003 at 6:19 AM

Looking good Teyon, beautiful flowing lines! Keep us updated :o) - Baz

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 19 August 2003 at 3:13 PM

THanks. I decided to scrap it. heheh. Sorry. I just got really bored with it really fast. Oh well...

juan_carlos ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 6:31 AM

Could you please post a wireframe, Teyon? I got mad trying to model both jaws from one single surface in the alien pet challenge, and I'd like to see how you did it. It's a pity that you put it aside, it was looking really nice.

Teyon ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 6:37 AM

Sure...but how about I post a similar head with a bit cleaner surface? This one, while decent, got a little wilder than I like. Be back in a few clicks.

Teyon ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 7:00 AM

file_72142.jpg

here ya go, this is a little cleaner and will help you see how the jaw and the webing between the jaw works. I'll post a shaded view in a sec so you can get a feel for the position of the wires.

Teyon ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 7:02 AM

file_72143.jpg

so, can you see where the wires fall a little better? Neat how you can get all tha surface detail without too many isoparms.

juan_carlos ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2003 at 6:19 AM

Thank you, now it's easy to see how you edited point weight to create that nice web effect between the jaws. According to the way that isoparms flow around the mouth I suppose you built this by lofting three profile curves, didn't you? Oh, just one question to bother you a little more ;-) How do you usually model the inside of the mouth? I usually do it from the same surface of the head, but looking at your dragon it seems that you were going to model it separately, or maybe with some point-pulling work from the original surface. Please share your secret, I won't tell ;-)

Poisen ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2003 at 12:42 PM

looks great, the second heads remind me of the critters from the two towers movie, was there at midnight last night and bought the sucker!"movie that is" best movie in that genre that i have ever seen, going to screen capture the heck out of it tonight for ref pics.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.