Sun, Oct 6, 1:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: ***THE OFFICIAL OCTOBER CHALLENGE***

kosv01 ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 6:14 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 1:29 PM

I got several thoughts in mind for this month's challenge... I thought that a good but generic theme is to make an image that has to do with "Seven arts".

To be more specific:

Creat a picture including one or more of the 7 arts:

1. Painting
  2. Sculpture
  3. Architecture
  4. Poetry
  5. Music
  6. Dance
  7. Cinema

or a combination of all or some of them...

• You can use Poser imported models and props, and any other object you like (ex.3DS, .obj etc.)

• The final render have to be of course with Bryce, and after this you can use limited postwork with any program you want.

• The pictures for this contest can be from any historical period, or fantasy theme or anything you think that can have a direct relation with the above mentioned arts.

• To be more specific, some examples are:

• a poet writing his poetry inside a great building (Poetry and architecture)

• a couple of dancers (Dance), in the middle of a great hall of statues (Sculpturing).
    and many more...

• To avoid any misunderstandings it will be better for every one to write some comments for the objective of his/her's picture.

• The final objective of course will be for the better picture and not for the better combination of arts.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Kind Regards

Kostas

P.S. I'll be glad to share your thoughts or questions for this theme...

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 6:21 AM
Forum Moderator

So a pic of say a film set or studio....?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Ang25 ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 6:29 AM

Interesting, thank goodness we don't have to put all 7 in. :-D. I think I may like this. And I like that the judging criteria will be on the aesthtic(sp?) aspect of the entry. It'll still be difficult to pick the winners but not so much to take into consideration.

Gog ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 6:59 AM

I think this should be fun. Is surrealism allowed as long it fits in with the theme???

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

WindofChanges ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 7:32 AM

Thnx...I like your subject... varun...

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 8:00 AM

Very cool, nice decision! AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

woodhurst ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 11:20 AM

great idea--I actually was about to start an image that falls perfectly into architecture. thanks!

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 1:47 PM

Intriguing and very definately different.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

ajtooley ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 4:01 PM

...rusty, corroded wheels starting to turn in mind...

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 4:46 PM

Defenitely very inspired and intriquing challenge :)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

kosv01 ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 4:57 PM
  • To TheBryster
    Cinema is an art...If a studio picture represents better this kind of art, the answer to your question is yes.

• To Gog_CA1
    Surrealism is a great part of the painting art...If you think that a surrelistic picture have good chances for this contest theme, the answer is yes too.

I think this theme can make all of us to use our fantasy...Not only as a combination of arts, but for something really unique...

After all, we make our own kind of art here...Amateur or not, every picture carries the sign of one of us...

So, this is a good chance to create our own unique art for the arts people...:)

Kind Regards

Kostas

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 6:43 PM

Oh I think I have an idea forming. This sounds like a fun exercise and I can't wait to see what folks come up with. Thanks Kostas 8) Catlin

Zhann ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 8:05 PM

Got mine already, Leonardo's house, painting, sculpture, architecture, with a book of poetry he's reading, maybe a violin (he liked to play as well)...great theme! :)

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

rj001 ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 2:54 AM

hmm seems quite an open challenge, should bring a large number of entries. would street theatre be allowed? its something i am quite involved in at the moment (mummers plays etc.)

Experience is no substitute for blind faith.

http://avalon2000.livejournal.com/ - My Art Blog

kosv01 ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 3:14 AM

Sorry rj001...Street theater is definetly a fine art for me, but i include in this contest only the classic arts... I think it would be better for you to use this picture of yours as a movie or painting theme, with some artistic touches, if of course you decide to use it, and not to create something else... Kind regards Kostas

shadowdragonlord ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 5:02 AM

Movies are NOT fine art, unless you count Fight Club. And that is a film, not a movie. Sounds tedious, Kostas! We'll see if we can make anything in time... (grins)

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 5:35 AM

Another query, does mainstream theatre count as the arts...I am thinking specifically Shakespeare?

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Ang25 ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 6:06 AM

I disagree about it having to be "classical" art. Whose to say that someone using a violin isn't playing rock music with it. Is surrealism classical (maybe, I'm not to bright on what is classical and what isn't)? I think anything that is pointedly artistic should count. The voters need not vote for an entry if they feel it doesn't fit the description well enough. But this is just my 2 cents. I just think its hard to classify art as one type or another. I just had another thought too, forgive me its early. If I do a sculpture or painting of a space ship, its still classical simply because of the medium used. I think that the medium which is classical of theatre is the "acting" part and therefore street acting is classical as much as a space painting. Ok again forgive me, Its early. Angela

rj001 ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 6:17 AM

I was curious about defining street theatre as not classical when i got my reply, as it has a medieval tradition, in fact go back further and the greeks and romans had it, and how cinema did fit classical arts, but i wasn't going to comment until i saw these other replies. however these are the challenge rules as-set, and i guess itll make me think a bit harder to create an image that fits those rules, which i guess in the end it is what these challenges are about. so i'm off for a large dose of caffiene and good luck to all.

kosv01 ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 6:40 AM

Ok people... I think art itself can have marvellous expressions...Theater is of course one of them...I'm not the expert who decides what is artistic and what is not, even if i have my own beleives... So, if we consider the seventh described art (Cinema) as a descendant of theater itself, i think WE CAN USE THEATER PICTURES IN THIS CONTEST. I feel i own a personal apology to rj001 for this mistake of mine...Consider my previous post as not existing, please excuse my ignorance, and best of luck to your contest entry... Kind Regards Kostas

rj001 ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 7:12 AM

hey its okay, i wasnt having a go, its your challenge and i'm glad it made me think, i'll go with the original rules as set, no apologies required.

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 8:25 AM
Forum Moderator

Chohole: Shakespeare is very much considered 'The Arts' in the uk. (Though not by me) Ang: As for violin playing, tell it to Nigel Kennedy. He is a renowned classical violin player who was on stage with The Who not so long ago, playing rock!

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 9:02 AM

Nigel Kennedy isn't a very good violinist. He used to be much better, but he doesn't study hard enough to stay on top performance. I've often heard him play certain pieces of which I know for sure I could do better. I personally don't concider his playing to be art. If you want to hear a real good violinist check out Gil Shaham or Salvatore Accardo or (not as virtuose as the other two, but very musical and always very clean) Maxim Vengerov.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 9:14 AM

That's cos our Nigel prefers to spend his spare time playing football for a London non-league side in such classy venues as Regents Park and other similar sporting facilities. And that's the gospel truth!

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 10:26 AM

How about ballet, that's a classical art form isn't it?

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 11:40 AM

I'm being a bit thick..... where is the link to the page to upload my entry? Not that I'm gonna do it yet, I want to see what everyone else comes up with first. More on the UK (Following on from Bryster).... Everything is considered art here, from a pile of twigs to cutting sheep in half. Remember that unmade bed from a few years back? Who's to say what's fine art.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 2:37 PM

And drawbridge don't forget the pile of shit............it's all art or so they tell us. 8)

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 3:48 PM

And not to forget building houses, blowing them up and calling the photograph of the destruction "art"

Zhann ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 4:03 PM

Isn't tha why they are called the 'Theater Arts', thought I saw 'art' in there somewhere, and 'Ballet' is a theater 'Art'.

Ang25 ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 5:36 PM

Ballet is also Dance which is one of the 7 listed. I hope I didn't sound rude this morning, it was early and I was tired too. My apologies. Angela

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 9:01 PM
Forum Moderator

The trouble with ballet in this country is that it is subsidised by the Gov and the Lottery. Yet only rich people (generally speaking) go to see it. Us commoners can't stand it. This means that tickets prices are artificialy low and the rich get the benefit. You don't see subsidised cinema tickets..... And following on from others in this thread, so called 'art' in the form of bizarre creations still rears it's uglyness and yet one way or another WE pay for it.

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2003 at 12:06 AM

;P

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2003 at 6:39 AM

I like ballet! I went to ballet classes from the age of 2 until I was 15, then I found out there was a world out there to investigate. 8) Catlin

JC_01 ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2003 at 8:52 AM

hmmm 15 and a new world to "investigate"....ummm boys? winks

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2003 at 8:58 AM

lol :) I'm 18 and I've still after all those years not even started to grasp some of the logic behind the 'new world' we call 'girls' :P

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2003 at 9:20 AM
Forum Moderator

Ray: 18? You're an absolute novice! You could live to be 200 and not grasp female logic..........They don't think in the same way men do...and before you girls get up on your high heels......that is NOT repeat NOT an insult. Women are the most creative creatures on the planet....after-all, they created US!

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2003 at 9:32 AM
Forum Moderator

This guy was walking along the beach in LA one morning when he tripped over something in the sand. On investigation he discovered an old fashioned lantern and, just for the hell of it, gave it a bit of a polish with his shirt-sleeve. Wouldn't you know it, out of the lamp pops a genie.... 'Woah! That's better!' sez the genie,looking at the guy holding his lamp. 'Tell ya what, Dude! You got me outa the lamp so I'm gonna grant you ONE wish.' The guy thinks for a bit and then says, 'I want to be able to drive from LA to Hawaii. Can you build me a highway across the ocean?' The genie is not impressed. 'Are you nuts? Think about it! All that concrete, all that tarmac, I gotta sink the piles thousands of feet down to reach the ocean floor...then there's street lighting, paint for the road markings...it's gonna take forever, dude! Why don't ya think of something else?' The guy holding the lamp scratches his head and then says, 'OK. Tell you what, I want to know everything there is to know about women, how they think, what makes them tick, why they do and say what they do and say, all that kinda stuff.' The Genie scratches HIS head and says, 'OK! So how many lanes do you want on this highway.......?'

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2003 at 9:50 AM

lol :) Probably that mystery is the very thing that makes woman interesting...

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

danamo ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2003 at 2:49 PM

Rofl, that was a good one Bryster!!! I think building a highway to Hawaii IS more likely. ;-)

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2003 at 7:45 PM

Why? heheheheheheheD

Ang25 ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2003 at 9:19 PM

Rayraz, you keep thinking like you're talking and you'll get girls! You still won't understand them but hey, you've already got us older gals liking you. :-D

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 3:27 AM

Making girls like me isn't too difficult, making them love me is the difficult task :)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 8:15 AM
Forum Moderator

Love? Oh now we're in a completely different ball-park!

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 10:03 AM

To manipulate someone you need to understand someone's logic :) to create love quickly you often need to manipulate :)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 11:17 AM

Rayraz, shame on you...............no manipulation allowed. 8) If someone is going to love you it will just happen, it cannot be forced and don't ever try to 'cos you'll just end up getting hurt or they'll get hurt. Words of wisdom from one of the older gals. lol 8) Catlin

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 12:16 PM

I know, manipulating isn't the clean way, but it's the only quick way unless quickness comes naturally. But don't worry, I'll just wait for it to happen. I don't like hurting people.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Elsina ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 3:29 PM

Can I make an image inspired by a movie based on a novel? Would that fall within the theme?

My gallery @ Renderosity

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 8:59 PM
Forum Moderator

Ray: Catlin's right. Unlikely as it may seem, she's in love with me and refuses to admit it................Don't ask me how. She just did it....

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 9:19 PM

ROFL...............8D

amethyss ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 12:38 AM

Hmmmmm I lost the whole point of why this thread was here now LOL. I guess love is an art.I know it is a challenge he he.Campells Tomato Soup Cans.Fine Art???

Painting: The art of protecting flat surfaces from the weather and exposing them to the critic_____website

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 2:58 AM

"I know it is a challenge" One of the very few absolute truths in this world :)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.