Fri, Sep 20, 7:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Rendering Animal Fur

L13RAF ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 4:14 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:48 AM

Hi All, Can anyone suggest a way of reducing the lines, fake fur look etc when doing a final render in VUE. This can look especially bad when rendering close ups of the Daz wolf and bear textures. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks, Steve.

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 4:49 AM

how about an example? But i would say, most of us do postwork with images of this type. Don't forget. Low price software. Not everything is possible. But again, show us an example please.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

L13RAF ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 5:24 AM

Attached Link: http://snu2.tripod.com/lsrdesigns/

file_80692.jpg

Hi Wabe, Many thanks for reply and have attached a sample as requested. Steve

dawn ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 3:52 PM

I think that good fir can only be achived in postwork...here is a great tutorial for brushing fur... http://www.lynescreations.com/quickfur.htm Lots of good hair and fur painting and brushing techniques posted here...plus some links to good brushes :) http://www.fignations.com/jelisa/tutorials/fur_and_hair.html

Benettor ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 6:22 PM

Attached Link: Shari123

Everything is possible in vue...... look out there By Shari123 she used alot animals with alot of hair :)

• Benettor - Photographer - My Art

Benettor ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 6:24 PM

look your settings in vue transparency and bump tabs maybe there ... is the wrong!!!!

• Benettor - Photographer - My Art

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2003 at 12:50 AM

Well, if you read the intros to the images, the hair is always painted afterwards in Photoshop (or something like this). The same with Poser 4 images. Dynamic hair is not supported yet in Vue 4, so the only way is to paint it. I know Shari very well - her hair is painted :-))

L13RAF ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2003 at 3:20 AM

Hi All, Many thanks for your helpful replies which have given me a few things to try. It's good to know that there are people with knowledge out there and it just takes a message on the forum to get an answer. Many thanks, Steve

Irish ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2003 at 4:46 AM

I think a lot depends on the map itself as well. Lyne posted a lovely image in her gallery recently called The White Buffalo of Peace and the buffalo looks terrific!

:)
Irene

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2003 at 4:52 AM

But is post-painted too :-)))

lhiannan ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2003 at 8:40 AM

Just so you know, older Daz animals aren't mapped very well and you'll always get that texture stretching at the seams. It has nothing to do with the software. Post work is indeed a way to go to "fix" this.

Lyne ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2003 at 6:45 PM

Thank you for my white buffalo comment.. and yes it IS half "post work" because the older bison model maps so that the "banding" or stretching of the map- causing "lines" across one side of the animal just happens. Over the years mapping programs have improved, allowing the lay out of the map template to allow for either NO stretching or very little stretching! Each model/map is different... but in general the older models have this problem. In some of my own older models I have "blended" the ares that would have stretched or caused those lines... then of course they still need 'post' work with brushing or a clone tool. I did try to improve on an old model (the poser lion) when I did my morph and map set for it - doing a new map layout (that is incoded so as to be legal). Many artist are doing things like this to help.. AS for old models and old maps, then post "brushing" of the fur or feathers can help a lot. In photoshop (and I assume other paint programs) there are brushes that look like "splotches" or groups of dots.. these work very well as brushing out brushes...Used very sparingly.. I have a tutorial on brushing out fur - here is the Quick Short version of that: http://www.lynescreations.com/quickfur.htm Lyne

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.