Mon, Sep 16, 10:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: What are the origins of your Renderosity Identity?

dolfijntjes ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 4:56 PM

For me very easy real name is Angique but to long so made it Ang what I use most. the name I use here is dolfijntjes that's the dutch word for Dolphins my favorit animal

millman ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 5:27 PM

Made my living for 44 years in metalworking, and the milling machine, or "mill" being equally as common as the lathe, Millman.

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 6:11 PM

well, wow. Great thread. Too bad it sorat died for a while -- time to bring it back... Ages and ages ago, long before the dawn of what we rcognize as the 21st century, I was born. As a kid, I tended to exhibit the odd habit of speaking not merely in voices, but in several languages. I also wasn't really into girlstuff. So one day my Dad looked at my Mom when I was being particularly obnoxious and said "Can't you do anything about this insane child?" Stopped me cold. Been ynsaen ever since. Seemed very fitting when I got online on compuserve in the early 90's. I don't know if there are any others out there. I'm also called WingedVyxyn in some circles. That's from my, um, less exciting side. hee hee Recently, I designed a really cool image I called SteelPansy. So I took that name, too. Something about flowers that are hard... and my name is Elle. lol

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

NoPicasso ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 2:51 AM

My nickname is a comment upon my relative lack of artistic talent. In other words, I ain't no Picasso! :-) This is a really great thread, it's so interesting to read the story behind some quite famous 3D monikers, and the others too. I hope this thread gets picked up again. Thanks.

elizabyte ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 3:00 AM ยท edited Tue, 10 August 2004 at 3:03 AM

My nick is a play on my middle name, Elizabeth. :-)

I'm also known by the nick "Alicorna" which is the name under which I officially do business (it's "unicorn" in Italian, but specifically the feminine form of the noun).

I'm also known as Duchess in some circles but, errr, uh... Yeah...

bonni

Message edited on: 08/10/2004 03:03

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 4:33 PM

It's a name I use in several place else-net, which I guess makes it real enough. The rest is commentary.

starmkr ( ) posted Sun, 22 August 2004 at 1:17 PM

Mine is from the fact I have managed and started careers for actors in Television and Movies. starmkr

Sinadial ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 10:55 AM

I have been using my middle name Nadine on the 3D related forums I go to but it was taken here. Sinadial was derived from a character I played in EQ who had an unpronouncable looking name. More people call me 'Sina' than they do my given name. I also use Haranavei and Karsellyn which were taken from 2nd Edition AD&D rule supplements.

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 11:08 AM

When I signed up at Renderosity originally, I was using jevans (my first initial and last name) at most web sites; when I tried to sign up here with that name, it wouldn't let me use it; IIRC, it was already in use. My standard practice was to add a number to the end of the name and try again. As it would happen, the movie "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" was running on the TV in the living room at the time, and just as I was getting ready to re-submit my user name, they came to the line in the movie where the characters Bill & Ted both chime in with the phrase "Sixty nine, dude!" in response to being queried about their favorite number. I took it as a good sign, and thus my user ID. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.