Tue, Oct 8, 11:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 8:34 am)

Subject: Newby confused and disoriented about kid's hair

pazu ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 7:29 PM ยท edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 11:45 AM

file_84784.jpg

You gotta help me! Yoda/Ludivine is gettin' downright snippy about her bald head! OK, lots of hair out there for Buxom Babes, Harsh Mistresses, Glamour Girls, etc. But a poor little shrimp just doesn't have the time to hang out at the hairdresser's all day, she needs somethin' simple! And if I try to put that otherwise great Kozaburo Messy Hair on my Mill Kid one more time, she's gonna bite me! So can you recommend some simple, kid-like, innocent looking hairpiece that will plop easily onto the head of a Mill Kid? I kinda like the pageboy things for the "Breath Gen Kids" on www.zs3d.com, where did those come from? Also, is it generally possible to slide any hairpiece onto any model with nothing more than a little translation, scaling, and parenting? Or are there other issures? Thanks!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 7:36 PM

Generally, you can use any hair with any figure. Just faff about with the x, y, z translations and scaling, then parent the thing to the head and lock it there. Otherwise, postwork is the way to go. Yeah, it's tricky at first, but otherwise a hell of a lot more versatile (and some say, realistic) than hair models. Me, I'm still getting to grips with how to paint hair, so I use models most of the time. BTW, great expression and pose on your render.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Cookienose ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 7:56 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3digitalcrafts.net/studiomaya/1download/wig1/wig3.html

The best I can do is recommend Studio Maya's hair, since he has a couple of kidlike "wigs" - the Twin tail and Twin chignon for example. I don't know how they work on the MilKids since I don't have them. Good luck!

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 8:03 PM

Hair is about the easiest thing to convert from one character to another. All you need to do is apply the adult hair scale it down to size and reposition it on the head to fit right.

SWAMP ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 9:58 PM

Go back to Koz's site,and you will find seperate files for fitting Messy,Koyko,and Long hair to the PT(listed with each hair). For most other hairs,all you really need to do is bring it down(useing Y trans)till it's where you want it...then parent to the head. Scaling depends on the hair,but useally just 98% is all you'll need. Have fun,SWAMP

SWAMP ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 10:05 PM

Oh and I'm not sure what hair Steffy is showing on her kids,but it is cut short useing postwork...so could be anything. SWAMP

Silke ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 10:00 AM

Can't help ya on the hair but - ROFL - thank you for that picture! It speaks VOLUMES LOL Silke

Silke

lhiannan ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 11:45 AM

Steffy isn't using Poser hair in her pics, those are real hair images. The little image of Giulio and the large splash with Gidia are showing the same hair. So are the little images of Giorgio and Gidia standing with the logo... Show's what creative postwork can do :D

pazu ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 3:26 PM

Thanks to all for the replies and info! I didn't realize the Kozaburo hair could be colored and fitted with MAT files, that adds a lot of range right there. Hey you other newbys, you better learn about MAT files quick, they're barely mentioned in the manual. I feel resistant to heavy postwork, since mostly what I like to do is character studies where reality is not so important. But I suppose it's inevitable.

elgyfu ( ) posted Fri, 21 November 2003 at 4:05 AM

BlazerWiccan's fairy hair is gorgeous for children (and fairies of course!) Search for Blazerwiccan in the Market.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.