Fri, Sep 20, 7:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:18 pm)

Subject: cr2 help? Please!

brschmidt ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2000 at 12:30 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:25 PM

file_132009.jpg

I need help getting rid of this artifact. It is something caused by a setting in the .cr2. I can import the obj file into Poser and other modeling packages and it does not appear. I've tweeked and changed every parameter for the lHand and can't figure this one out. If I lose one more nights sleep working on this I'm going to format C:... I'm making a pair of gloves for Vicki and to test the cr2 I'm just using the standard lForeArm and lHand meshes from Vicki... so I know it isn't the mesh. I started out using the cr2 sections from Vicki's cr2 and removed the morph channels, it loads ok but when I render the artifact appears... please oh please help! Even if you have a thought and think it might be something else... let me know what you are thinking it might get me on the right track. Please and thank you!!! -Byron

brschmidt ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2000 at 1:17 PM

Forgot to add that if I remove the weld lForeArm to the lHand statement in the cr2 the artifact goes away... but I don't get the smoothing at the joint...

Lemurtek ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2000 at 3:36 PM

I'm guessing here, but it looks like somewhere along the line, a point in the forearm is not perfectly aligned with the corresponding point in the hand. When Poser welds two body parts together, the points in the two corresponding parts much match exactly at the seams. I've had this happen with my models sometimes, if I wasn't careful. One wouldn't think Vickie would have that problem though, so maybe look through the Cr2 again to see if you inadvertantly removed an extra line or such. Regards- Lemurtek

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2000 at 6:04 PM

heyas; it's a 'lost in space' vertex, and it happens when you weld two things that have not-quite-aligned vertices. i have no clue why this mesh would work in victoria, but not chopped into a glove as you have done. what might fix it is this: export the forearm and hand as a new obj from poser; make sure you check weld body part seams. then try using that obj in your cr2, instead of the default obj. good luck.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.