Thu, Sep 19, 9:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Official Fractal Montly Challenge

ladynimue ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 11:42 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:32 PM

New Forum Feature The Poser Monthly Challenge Each month in the Fractal Forum we will run a special challenge. The Monthly Challenge is all about sharing your Fractal ideas as well as your Fractal images. We will be setting up a Fractal Hall of Fame - featuring the top 3 winners from each Challenge. We are excited to bring this monthly feature to the Fractal Forum and can hardly wait to see the amazing images you come up with :) See the next posting for the link to post your Fractal Challenge Images :)

ladynimue ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 12:02 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/contest.ez?contest_id=271

Here is the link to enter your Fractal Image! Best of luck everyone.

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 5:58 PM
ladynimue ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 6:21 PM

*"Very cool news..... "

Well yeaaaaaaaaaah, of course it is cool news, it's winter, you silly smug.gif

ladynimue ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 8:16 AM

Oh this is going to be TOOooo much fun - we have our first contest entry :) Very excited to see what everyone will come up with ... ladynimue

tresamie ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 11:04 PM

Will posting an image in this challenge count against our single upload for the day for the whole site?

Fractals will always amaze me!

nickcharles ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2003 at 2:01 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12357&Form.ShowMessage=1554250&Reply=1555695#6

Good question! The answer is no. Uploading an image in a contest does not count against the gallery upload limit. So please, get your entry in! Nick

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
"For every breath, for every day of living, this is my Thanksgiving."
-Don Henley

ladynimue ( ) posted Mon, 08 December 2003 at 7:38 AM

Wow I am excited - if you haven't already, please do take a look at the entries we've received to date for the Fractal Monthly Challenge :) Just waaaaaaaay too kewl! I know that the holiday season is extra busy for everyone - but if you have the time - we would really LOVE to see what you can come up with for a Winter Wonderland Fractal contest image :) ladynimue

undisclosed-designer ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2003 at 11:59 AM

i wonder whats going on really, i published my contest image twice already, but its still not here, what's the problem?

tresamie ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2003 at 1:00 PM

It took about 24 hours for mine to be put up after I sent it. How long ago did you put yours up?

Fractals will always amaze me!

undisclosed-designer ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2003 at 1:28 PM

lol vivian, guess it was less than 24 hours ago ... just wil have to wait and see, for i uploaded another one as well, for the rendero 2003 holiday contest, the original of that fractal looks almost similar to the blue snowXtal you uploaded here, so had to do QUITE a lot of postwork to make that one smile

nickcharles ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2003 at 5:13 PM

I'm sorry if you didn't see your entries up right away. I normally only log on late at night. Please accept my apology. And thank you for entering! It's making my day (er...night) to see more activity here. Nick

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
-Don Henley

ladynimue ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 3:35 AM

THis is so exciting to see that we have so many entries to the contest - way to go everyone :) Just a reminder - Images have to be approved before they are uploaded to the contest area - and this can take up to 24 hours - but all the images are time-stamped, so that is not a problem. Some times there are site hic-ups where the contest entry does not upload correctly, if it has been 24 hours since you uploaded your contest entry and you do not see it in the approved area, please do as you did, and post a note to this thread - that way we will know that your entry was received and not sent to some far off galaxy :) Nick - you are doing an outstanding job gettng to the entries as soon as you log online - no need to apologize :) I have been away on business the last couple of days - but I am back now and will be sure to check the contest area for Nick when he is not online! I am very proud of everyone in the fractal forum for posting so many beautiful entries to the monthly challenge! WaAaaaaaaay to go :) ladynimue

ladynimue ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 3:41 AM

Holy Cow - I just checked the Challenge Contest page - I am so impressed with the outstanding images that everyone has come up with! Although I have never created a fractal - I find them visually exciting and amazing works of art - each one so beautifully unique - like the artists who create them :) Thanks again everyone for your entry and keep them coming - there's still more time for more entries :) ladynimue

undisclosed-designer ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 5:04 AM

agrees with ladynimue, you don't have to apologize had the peek how its spelled for what you missed, nick smile ... as designers we all are very patient, just a little worried sometimes when we make something and somehow it fails to upload smile ... and i considder meself having a little disadvantage, for i don't use a wintel computer, but a mac smile

ladynimue ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 5:12 AM

undisclosed - Thank you so much for your encouraging words :) Nick is doing such an outstanding job, and you would not believe how much there is to learn - Whew, gives me an ice-cream-headache just trying to keep up with all the new and exciting features that Rosity is coming up with each day, and I have been doing this for awhile :) I know that Nick really appreciates everyone working with him in his quest to make the fractal Forum the "bestest" Forum on Renderosity :) ladynimue

nickcharles ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 1:45 AM

Aww shucks, now I'm blushing. Thanks for the kind words. As far as "bestest"(can we get a spell-checker on that?)- I am very hopeful for the future of this community. I am overjoyed at seeing the amount of entries we have so far. Thanks to everyone! And if you're reading this now and don't have an entry in - there's still time! Nick

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
-Don Henley

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.