Tue, Oct 8, 11:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 8:34 am)

Subject: Texture mapping problem and fix ???

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2003 at 9:59 AM ยท edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 9:50 AM

file_90080.jpg

Hi... Using V3 with head morphing done via the head morph dials and a purchased texture applied resulted in the lip mismatch..there may be more mismatched as well, but this was pretty obvious. How is this fixed ? Do I need to remap via a UV mapper program ????

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

iamonk ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2003 at 10:31 AM

FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND You could do a couple things... ...remapping is an option, but then you'll need to use this altered .obj when using this texture... ...make a morph that moves the corresponing vertices... ...or edit the texture. I choose to edit the texture. I have found this to happen often, but I stretch things WAAAYYY away from their original position.

pazu ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2003 at 12:33 PM

Can't help, but I sure like your illustration!

DominiqueB ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2003 at 12:34 PM

Obviously a little part of the texture's lips is painted onto polygons that don't belong to the lips material. Judging by your picture you seem to have the tools to edit the texture itself, simply open the texture in Photoshop load the uv template on another layer set to multiply to see only the polygon lines, and with the clone tool simply paint out the area that is not on the lip polygons. Remapping the figure may not do it especially if the textures problem area does not fall precisely on polygon border lines.

Dominique Digital Cats Media

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.