Tue, Oct 22, 4:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Ack. Dodged a car...busted an arm

PheonixRising ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 11:35 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:25 AM

hard to type. I dodged a car and fell. They can't find any breaks in forearm but i can't mmove my arm. Pain is brutal. Forgive me if emails go unanswered. Parnoid to move body still... even good arm. lol. they can't kill me yet. Sad thing is car didn't stop and I was leaving for Vegas this morning. WAS. oh well. ;) just an fyi. Sorry for Off topic. -Regards, Anton

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 11:41 PM

Well, you could have dodged, and the car could have hit you anyway! You might have severly bruised your arm.. it'll hurt like hell, and will take a month or so before you get most of it back. I did that with my arm, and for 100% recovery, it took about a year. Right or left arm? (Right is the mouse hand... LOL!!) Good luck, and hope it gets better soon!

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 11:45 PM

Hope you have a quick recovery and take it easy .. Broken arms or even messed up ones can be a pain since you do stuff by instinct a lot and just make it worse

neftis ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 11:45 PM

OMG Anton!I feel sorry for you and wish you a very fast recovery! That's not a way to begin a new year;) Take care now...and don't let them get you!!!

pokeydots ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 11:56 PM

Sorry to hear this Anton! Hopefully your arm will feel better soon :) I can't believe how some people, can do something like this to someone and then keep on driving as though nothing happened!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

PheonixRising ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 11:59 PM

Karma should havw a 1-800 number

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Larry F ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 12:07 AM

Count your blessings, lad. Sorry to hear this happened to you. One can dodge a car (I speak from first hand experience here - long time touring biker and commuter), but it is impossible to miss the ground. Hope you're better soonest! Larry F

igohigh ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 12:18 AM

Sorry to hear this Anton, hope you recover fast.....pssst, ask the Doc for 'the gooood stuff' ; It sure sucks when people do things like that! When a driver ran a red light in front of me back in the late 70's he caused me to slam into him broad-side, he was in a car and I was on a motorcycle. Sent me flying completly over his car and completly destroyed my 1961 Triumph 3TA (a rather model here in the US). The driver never even stopped and no one around got his lisence number, and to add salt to the wound my insurance wouldn't cover the damage saying I didn't register it as a classic!! - AND then in the 80's a 16-wheeler climed into the back of my mini-truck, after sending me spinning across all lanes he too tried to run...luckily that time a couple of driver chased him down and made him come back...only to find out he was from Canada and without California aproved insurance, again I was on my own to fight with my own insurance company. Both times took months to completly regain full bodily mobility. I sure do miss Angie thou (my Triumph), she was my pride and joy... Anyhow, hope you get well soon as I will miss your tips & tricks untill then!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 12:40 AM

Oh, Anton! :shake head: I'm glad that you dodged the car. You'll find that it is the little habitual things such as brushing teeth and combing hair and filling a teapot which cause the most annoyance. Might I suggest watching some nice escapist movies? If you get inspired, you can always dictate or do a quick sketch. Let the arm heal. (Trust me on this... if you don't, you'll regret it years from now.) Occasionally move it gently so that it doesn't freeze up (shoulders are bad at that), but don't try to carry a monitor, climb rocks, or anything else stupid until the tendons and cartilege have also healed. Carolly

geep ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 12:45 AM

Anton, Sorry to 'hear' of your misfortune. ;=[[[[ I hope you can heal quickly ... so you can do a tut on your fantastic mapping method. <------- just kidding about doing the tut ... but not about the healing quickly. cheers, dr geep <----------- sorry, I'm not that kind of doctor ;=[ ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Smitthms ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 1:13 AM

Damn Anton... that really sucks... hope you feel better & less pain to... very soon. Thomas

Ciorstaidh ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 1:15 AM

Am very sorry to hear about you being hurt Anton. :-( Am glad though that all that was hurt, was your arm/shoulder.

Just think though... ;-) What a wonderful excuse to close off all the curtains to the windows and run around nekkid! Can't put clothes on with hurt arm. ;-P

Well, whatever you do.....take it easy and heal, then get back here.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 2:18 AM

Karma does have a 800 #, it's called 9-1-1 haha. sorry. I did that in july, fracture of the something something. hairline crack in the elbow. no cast, not enough drugs. put in a sling for 6 weeks. fine now no probs but the joys I went through. I do data entry for rent money, that was interesting typing. I hope your going to see a doctor really. Perks (the drug)are fun, make ya feel warm and no pain :)

HaiGan ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 2:49 AM

My sympathies, Anton, I too hope you're feeling better soon. Take it easy (if life gives you the oppotunity :/ ).

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 3:20 AM

Hi Anton, just remember xrays don't always show the fracture even if there is one, especially if it's in the elbow. The other thing that can happen is you can get a compartment syndrome in the muscle where the muscle swells up and gets too tight for the overlying fascia which envelops it, so they may need to do something about that urgently if you think that'shappening. So if you're worried don't hesitate to seek a second opinion and don't leave it until the next day either if you're in pain. HOpe you're feeling better soon. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 4:05 AM

Hello Anton, So sorry to hear of this accident and hope you recover soon. Warm Regards, Nancy (SophiaDeer)

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

TygerCub ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 4:29 AM

Here's more wishes of wellness and freedom from pain. Can't add any good advice that hasn't already been provided, so I'll commiserate by saying, mean people suck swampwater sludge through cocktail straws... no matter how you look at it, they're just disgusting and it's difficult to understand how they do what they do. Take care!

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 5:07 AM

Ouch!
Although serious I'm glad its not more so. Take it easy.
Best wishes.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

sirkrite ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 6:06 AM

Hope you feel better soon Anton. :(

sebastel ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 6:19 AM

my best wishes for a quick recovery.

soulhuntre ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 7:03 AM

Glad to hear it wasn't worse! Get well soon!

AprilYSH ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 7:06 AM

darn, you shoulda done your legs then you'd be stuck on the computer and we'd have you captive for months ;) get well soon :)

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 7:48 AM

Owwww, best wishes Anton, take care.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Porthos ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 8:06 AM

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery!

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

DominiqueB ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 8:10 AM

Hope you get better soon, pamper yourself for awhile you deserve it.

Dominique Digital Cats Media

Lunaseas ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 9:09 AM

I hope you recover quickly and that you can go to Vegas soon after you recover!~Kirsten

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 9:17 AM

I'll echo what Carolly said: Be carefull with your shoulder. My hubby fell, more than 8 years ago and hit his shoulder. Got a so-called Frozen shoulder which STILL occasionally bothers him! I don't know if similar things can happen to elbows,but take care. Don't use it, not even when you think you can do if for shorter periods. The best thing is to avoid using it at the computer (There's the HARD thing,I know) I wish you a speedy recovery! Good thing it wasn't worse than it WAS. I'm glad the car didn't hit you!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

DreamstoGo ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 10:48 AM

Anton, take care!!! more time for Poser now!!! :o)

shadownet ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 10:49 AM

Yikes! Glad it wasn't worse. Get better soon.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 10:58 AM

ohh noo! my prayers are with you for fast pain relief and recovery! ~hugs warm cocoa and tylenol~

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission Closed till 2025

maclean ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 11:23 AM

I feel for you, anton. I broke my leg 5 years ago and was on crutches for 9 months. But every cloud has a silver lining. Unable to go anywhere, I sat in front of the computer and did what I'd always said I'd do. Learned to use it properly! LOL. mac

OReillyTX ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 11:37 AM

Hope you have a speedy and painless recovery!

geep ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 11:40 AM

Heh, heh, good one Mac. It's obvious that you suceeded in your endeavor. ;=] Always (try to) look on the brighter side of life, eh! cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Mec4D ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 11:43 AM

I wish you a very fast recovery Anton! very "soft' hug!( I don't want to break you down) ;) cath

"Surrender to what it is - Let go of what was - Have faith in what will be "

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 11:46 AM

Get well soon, Anton. Go read some books and watch some movies and other non computer type stuff until that arm heals up. We'll still be here when you get back. Kate

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 12:07 PM

Anton, I can sympathize completely. About a month ago, I fell in my house, onto my right side and banged up my right shoulder. It still hurts if I try to lift it, but nothing is broken. I know how you feel. Get better soon. Melanie

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 1:00 PM

Anton, I emphasize as well since I once dislocated my knee. Emergency rooms are quickly becoming inefficient due to the volume of people seeking attention and the tendency for doctors and nurses to offer you a "next please" diagnosis. If the pain does not improve or the arm gets swollen definitely go back to the hospital. It may not be a break but you could have damaged some blood vessels. Try using some ICY-HOT and that should make moving your arm a little more comfortable. Jeremy

jaybutton ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 1:33 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your accident. Get well soon! Jay

Jackson ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 1:33 PM

"But Doc will he ever play the violin again?" But seriously...sorry to hear of your misfortune. If the pain doesn't go away, you may want to consider an MRI on your arm and back. I hurt my arm once but the cause turned out to be two messed up vertebrae in my spine. It took an MRI to find it.

deemarie ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 4:13 PM

Wishing you a quick recovery - take care of yourself - we miss you not being around. Dee-Marie

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 5:31 PM

hi there, well meds helped. muscles stopped spasming. Forearm was like in a constant charlie horse. Better today. one hand typing sucks though. :) Have a appointment with a muscle person on monday. probab;t torn somthing coupled with a elbow/wrist sprain. Reminds me of my trainer saying most peopl get hurt cuzthey don't do stretches when the get up in the morning. ;) Thanks again.

geep ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 5:36 PM

re: one hand typing It sure beats the **** out of ... no hand typing though. ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 5:42 PM

Yes, you can always tell when the cat is taking dictation! ;)=

geep ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 5:46 PM

A course, guys have an advantage if both of their hands are incapacitut ... incapiata ... incupassit ... ... Well, if they can't use their hands, they can always use their ... ... imagination. Getcher mind outta the gutter, will ya! ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 5:47 PM

nose?

geep ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 5:56 PM

Um, could be ... On the other hand ... women might have the advantage because they have two ... ... opinions ... and they're usually both correct. C'mon, lighten up and ... Getcher mind outta the gutter, will ya! ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 6:01 PM

two noses? nothing else reaches the keyboard while sitting. hehe

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 6:06 PM

I've seen people play the piano with their elbows.

geep ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 6:09 PM

Uh oh, I can hear a "pianist" joke ... coming down the hall. Keep it clean, ladies, this here a family kinda place ... ain't it? ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 9:34 PM

wow.instead of going to the land of one-armed bandits, it came to you..;) well, hope it's just a sprained nerve or something, hope you get to feeling better,
Doc, will I be able to play the Piano?
I don't see why not
That's great! I never could play it before..;)
be careful of what you wish for..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

geep ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 10:02 PM

The man sat at the bar looking very dejected ... He had with him a very small piano ... with a tiny person playing it. The bartender come over and asked why he looked so sad. "Well, it was like this ..." he began. "I was walking through the forest in Ireland ... ... when I heard a small voice." "Help me! Help me!" "It was coming from under a rock, so I turned the rock over and there was a wee leprechan." "He thanked me for freeing him and said," "Oyle grant ye one wish!" "I guess he must have been hard of hearing because I ended up with this twelve inch pianist!"

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.