Tue, Oct 22, 1:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: Amazing...Working on same idea as you Jim B. for hair

VAIRESH ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2000 at 12:44 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:50 PM

file_132877.jpg

This is amazing...the method Jim B. mentioned earlier is the same method I use to make wavy hair. You build a primal object in Max, map it, then use it to build what ever type of hair you want...you can bend,twist, or stretch the pieces and the map remains the same, no need to remap the hair. You are right Jim...it does take a bit of work to get it looking good. Tee-Tee from Fairiehaven shows what I mean...this hair was built using the mentioned technique.The pull back morph took 7 magnets to get it the way I wanted. Maybe Jim and I should set up a combined hair site for posting these different styles so that we don't end up duplicating each others efforts, just a thought:-)

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2000 at 1:23 PM

Nice work S

Sprout ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2000 at 1:26 PM

That would be helpful.. I didn't quite understand the technique but would really like to try this out. By the way I like the the way the "friz" look turned out! Sprout :O)

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2000 at 2:00 PM

Isn't this the "Anton Method" from this message thread? http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=117130 Great hair and character, BTW.

Geekholder ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2000 at 2:20 PM

Yes, thats also how I made the Candycane prop in the freestuff, but using Cinema4D rather than Max. It started as a cylinder, with a nice, flat texture map to paint the stripes on. Once the UV coordinates were nailed down, I bent the cylinder around a spline into the candycane shape. It works very well. Unfortunately I don't know what other 3D packages can do it.

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2000 at 2:52 PM

I think the hair model is lovely!!!! You've been teasing us with several hair models lately my friend! Don't keep them all to yourself! Hope you received my private message, Renderosity is acting a bit flacky. Liz

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2000 at 4:22 PM

Mine will not be green, though! :) It's the only rational way to map hair, I think, but it does produce a strange looking map, which just looks like a collection of skinny picket fences (at least the trans map).

VAIRESH ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2000 at 5:03 PM

Wyrwulf, You are absolutely correct..it is the Anton method. What ever happened to him and the hair he was showcasing?

VAIRESH ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2000 at 5:08 PM

Tee-Tee sez emeralds have more fun ;-)

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2000 at 8:59 PM

This is great! I hope it's something that can be shared for those of us with no modeling talent or the programs to do it with. Melanie

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2000 at 7:00 PM

wow, cool! :) i've found that the ray dream 5 freeform modeller does this to some extent. i can make twisted, curving, spiraling shaped in it, but the uv's will come out as a flat, straight square. (ray dream can't do the hair thing, though! :) )

milamber42 ( ) posted Tue, 05 September 2000 at 5:25 PM

wyrwulf, Thanks for the reference to the "Anton Method" thread.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.