Tue, Oct 22, 2:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: UTC Runtime Error 6: overflow???

Aeneas ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 1:41 PM · edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 10:49 PM

I am trying to convert a body texture for V2 to V3 with the Universal Texture Converter. I downloaded the newest version (I have 1.0.12), set my preferences, but I et stuck on the last tab. I see no preview, and when I press "convert" I get a Runtime Error "6": overflow. The texture is a bit large (4000x4000 body), but that can hardly be a problem. My system: PIV 3GHz with HyperThreading 2 HDD od 40GB (loads of empty space) and 1,5GB DDRam. Never had such a problem with any other app, including P5. Can anyone point me at a solution? Thanks!

I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now I'll be mad. (Rumi)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 5:49 PM

Have a look and see if it really makes the new texture 4000x4000 - and not 4000x664625786879806 (something huge) I have seen that happen and it gives me that Overflow error. Not every time, but almost, if I forget to check output size :o/

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Aeneas ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 4:47 AM

Thanks. I will do that!

Aeneas ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 5:13 AM

Thanks. Works like a charm now. I had to uncheck the "auto calculate output ratio", so I wonder why that checkbox is there. Over to South Africa to ask. (grin. long live the www!)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 5:22 AM

yeah the auto-calculate seems a bit iffy :o9 But at least it's relatively easy to remedy, as long as you're aware of the problem. I'm glad you got it to work, it's an awesome program, isn't it? :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

OReillyTX ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 9:49 AM

The latest Version of UTC is v1.1.0 You can get the latest service release update from 3d universe site. The SR fixes UTC's quirkyness.

raven ( ) posted Sun, 15 February 2004 at 11:42 AM

You could also use UVMapper and the free .uvs files from DAZ to make a V3 capable of using V2 textures. That would also save hard drive space as you wouldn't need converted versions of your V2 textures.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.