Wed, Sep 18, 8:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: "There's a light..." "Over at the Frankenstein Place!"

d-larsen ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 2:17 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 7:31 PM

file_99713.jpg

Ok, Please be brutal! I think this is as close as I'm gonna get using P5 Face Room. Thanks to all again for your continueing patience, comments, and tips. Whoever it was that posted the Gubinator wire mesh and photo overlay last month, Thanks so much! Remembering that post I went back to PS7 and did the same until I got it to this point. so, please don't hold back I need to know. I have people waiting for an animation at the RHPS home site. "You're spaced out on sensation..." "Like you're under seda-a-a-tion!" "Let's do the Time Warp again!"

d-larsen ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 2:18 PM

file_99714.jpg

Ooops!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 2:41 PM

I just ran through all the posts..this is coming along really nicely. Sharen

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 3:00 PM

You're doing a great job - but just one technical detail - it was Frank N. Furter, not Frankenstein. I know this because we used to go to the midnite screening at the local theater on Univ. Ave. in Berkeley, where guys would get up on the stage and mime the various parts as they were occurring on the screen. You know how it drives some people nuts when theater patrons talk back to the screen? This was a bona fide madhouse in that regard.

d-larsen ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 3:13 PM

Yes, that's true but is listen to the song "There's a Light" Columbia and Magenta are the chorus singing back up to Brad and Janet and they say Franenstein Place. This went so far as heated court battle in England by Mary Kelly's heirs(the author of Frankenstein, under a copyright infringement case. They lost! Sorry, probably more info then you care to know but there isn't to many people who can argue RHPS Trivia with me and win. Thanks for the comments and believe it or not RHPS still shows in few Art Venues at midnight even today! "I'm going home!"

d-larsen ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 3:16 PM

Am excerpt from the actual Movie Script: 24 EXT. ROAD NIGHT SONG: "OVER AT THE FRANKENSTEIN PLACE" The rain pours off the newspaper down JANET's face. She walks along, catching up with BRAD. She sing plaintively. JANET In the velvet darkness Of the blackest night Burning bright. We see the two of them - BRAD striding ahead, JANET nearly catching up with him. Behind them on the side of the road, sparse trees and rock formations. JANET There's a guiding star No matter what or who you are. They have passed a row of trees. A rock formation in the shape of a castle is silhouetted against the sky. It has a flag flying from the turret. Lightning strikes. A glow of light appears in a window. It illuminates a path to the castle. BRAD and JANET turn. The castle is in the distance between the two of them. BRAD & JANET There's a light The castle looms in the distance. PHANTOM VOICES Over at the Frankenstein place. BRAD stares hard.

stewer ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 3:52 PM

I need to fetch some rice. Where's my water gun?

d-larsen ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 4:40 PM

Attached Link: http://www.beckett.com/celebriducks/rocky_horror/book.wav

Just a little tid bit I thought goes along with this thread!

3ddave44 ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 4:57 PM

yes, this is your best version yet. It's curry's nostril that are a big part of his look (maybe they're enhanced with make-up actually) but in this version the nose is perfect - yes, as Sharen said, it's come along very nicely. And a fun theme to develop for Poser. Dave

d-larsen ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 5:03 PM

Attached Link: http://multimedia.badmovies.org/moviesi/rockyhorror1.mpg

Just for those who don't understand this thread!

d-larsen ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 5:28 PM

There is a very interesting hidden feature on 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment's 2-disc Special Edition of 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show. if you are a real fan and have the DVD. Apart from the two separate cuts of the movie, you can also find a third version of the film well hidden on this DVD. From the disc's main menu highlight the 'Scene Selections.' Then, press the 'Left' arrow key on your remote control and a pair of lips will be highlighted at the bottom of the screen. Press 'Enter' now and voia... you get the chance to see Richard O'Brien's original vision of the film, in which the first part is entirely in black and white, until he opens the door to the ball room in the 'Time Warp' scene. More information on this special version of the film can be found in the documentary that is also part of this release. If you have it, check it out!

numanoid ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 6:13 PM

Really well done. Will you be doing a tutorial on how you did this? Might inspire some people to do a few more faces.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 6:21 PM

wow...ohhh tim curry.....~giggles~ lordy the memories of magenta....and toast...and JANET.....~squeals giggling~

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

d-larsen ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 6:52 PM

file_99715.jpg

Numanoid, me a tutorial? I've been whining for help the last few days because I've only been at this for two months myself. I used Geep's tutorials, Fallencity Tutorials, and most of the comments and answers provided here in this very forum by all the real experts. The basics came down to using P5 Don Hi-Rez UV Map Template. Then I took(borrowed), every picture of Frank from my archives and other folks archives. I used PS7 to color balance as many of the photos to match each other as I could. I cut the various best parts of his make up and Tim's feature and layered them in a .psd file. Pasted the pieces over the template and blended the layers, all 27 of them, one at a time. Exported the .jpg file in to P5 Face Room. First big mistake here! As I changed the Default face and applied to Don P5 Hi Rez character it would distort the makeup really badly as I morphed the face geometry. Next time I'll know better to morph the face first into the proper shape and facial feature geometry and then apply the Face map afterwards. P5 Face Room allows you to load your own Face Maps by clicking on the Folder next to the preview window and load a Face Map. I had to readjust the makeup several times after the facial morphs so that layered correctly over the new geometries. Also, A previous poster had shown how she layered Arnold Swarzeneggar's face on a wire mesh figure to match geometries and I borrowed that idea to finish matching the face morphs to my P5 model when I started having real problems getting the facial features to match. Took about a week working 5-6 hours a day and very little sleep to achieve this result. I'm very happy with it now and that says a lot for an obsessive compulsive like myself. Now, it's time to start on Riff, Columbia, Magenta, and Time Warp unconventional conventioneers! Hope this gives you an idea on how to do this. Someone has been working on a tutorial for the Face Room in P5 and said he would post it soon. Geep was so thrilled that someone else was doing that that he said he would work on something else. I expect they both will be as good as the previous tutorials they have posted.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 24 February 2004 at 12:51 AM

we used to go to the midnite screening at the local theater on Univ. Ave. in Berkeley Omigod, so did I! My partner Steve and I took my mother there once whne she came to visit us in SF. What a howl that place was.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

Coleman ( ) posted Tue, 24 February 2004 at 3:20 AM

Ha ha! Sweet work, D!! That face looks great. Fantastic job. Dare I say you're one manic mechanic :P Now some better hair, eh?

d-larsen ( ) posted Tue, 24 February 2004 at 7:37 AM

file_99716.jpg

Thanks Ramnimus! Yeah, I know, I started with Neftis' Hard Rock Hair, shortened the length, kinked it up a bit and pulled it back from his face. But, I had hidden the hair during prior renderings and just forgot to make it visible because I was so excited at finally being happy with the morphs! Here he is with hair, funny yours is the only comment about the fact Frankie's bald!

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 24 February 2004 at 11:44 AM

didn't Frankie go to Hollywood?..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.