Sun, Sep 22, 11:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: No Acountability? HA!

DRIV ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 7:46 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 9:28 AM

Snip From The NEW Privacy Statement We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site. Your IP address is used to help identify you and your shopping cart and to gather broad demographic information. This site makes use of the technology known as "cookies." A cookie is a small data file that certain Web sites write to your hard drive when you visit them. A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID that the site uses to track the pages you have visited Yet Tim Says That He COuld Not Tell WHICH Moderator Was At Fault And Thus Removed Them All? LMAO. That's Classic! This Site Tracks Everything. More Like a Dictator Who Takes Over And Executes All The Previous Leader's Staff To Insure Loyalty!

Lorraine ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 8:48 AM

...hmmm...it seems that every "leader" has the right to have friendly, loyal workers in positions that would directly promote their own leadership; likewise it seems that if leadership changes these same positions would be terminated in favor of new leaderships' choice; does anyone know if any of the old moderators requested to stay on and were refused....this whole thing happened over the weekend so it is not unreasonable for there to be some resolution at the next business day. I observe that Jack and Ed have indicated that they do not want the "community" to suffer in the interim. They are working toward finding their new site, it is not yet ready. When it is ready I am sure they will welcome members to their site.

LoboUK ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 9:02 AM

Well this particular moderator wasn't asked to step down, wasn't told he was to step down, wasn't notified he was being made to step down, and damn' sure wouldn't step back up to the plate unless Jack, Ed and the rest of the moderators were re-instated. Paul smiley83.gif

tim ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 10:30 AM
Site Admin

Anyone who subscribes to the guidelines listed in the front page article "Winds of Change" can be a moderator including Jack, Jack's team members, or PFO members. We now have measures in place to log events such as banning of members and deletion of member posts which has created some unanswerable questions about moderators in the past and was the primary reason we had to clear out the moderators and start over. I had a couple of my personal posts deleted before becoming frustrated and taking measures to prevent it. I'm sorry that it came across as heavy-handed and disrespectful to Moderators. Tim

DRIV ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 11:02 AM

Tim, I'm Sorry But I Just Don't Buy It. Any SysAdmin Has Traceablility Over Who Comes And Goes. You Can't Seriously Expect us To believe That For a year Or So Now, With This Being Brought Up Before, That You Only Recently Started An Accountability? Every Post And Login On This Site Has An ID Number. It Is Easily Seen By Those Who Know What To Look For Simply By Mousing Over Links And Looking In The Browser Bar At The Addresss. Example: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12357&Form.ShowMessage=169611 Clearly This Message And Forum Is Tracked By An ID Number. Just As Our Login Is. I Simply Cannot Believe You Had No Accountability. I Won't Dispute That Someone Abused Their Priveledges. I Can't Say. But Honestly. The People You Have In Place Now, Most Of Them, Are Hardly What I Would Call "Responsible" Or "Unbiased" People. I'm Not Implying I Am Completely Unbiased. Truth Is I Am Biased. But I'm Honest About It. Two Wrongs Do Not Make a Right Though. And When Someone Is Put In A Position Of Responsibility They Are To Be Able To Overcome Pettiness And Carry Out Their Duties With Integrity. It Is Apparent By Jeff's Replies And Actions That he Is Not Capable Of This. Just Like He Was Not In The Past. Yet, You Let Him Back As a Moderator? Sorry, But That Is Just One More In a Line Of Bad Decisions IMHO.

tim ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 11:13 AM
Site Admin

I respect your opinion, but it doesn't change the facts.

DRIV ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 3:20 PM

Well Gee Tim....That Was a Rather Detailed And Explainatory Answer. Thank You So Much For Being Concerned About The "Community" And Explaining Things. Then Again, That's Pretty Much How You Have Been From The Start Right? Hey, You Have Nothing To Explain To Us Tim. This Isn't Your "Thing". You're Just a Businessman. Not An Artist. And For All The Posturing, You Could Care Less About Us. Here's Some Advice. Sell While You Can. You're In the Wrong Business. Try Car Salesman Or Jehovah's Witness.

PJF ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 4:26 PM

Just think DRIV, if EdgeNet are as unscrupulous as you think, they could be imminently about to sell your personal info to an online religious car sales outfit. So you ought to do yourself a favour - delete your membership details and leave, quickly.

DRIV ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 5:11 PM

PJF.......If Any Part Of My Info Was Actually True......i Might Care..... I've Dealth With Religious Car Salesmen Before.

DRIV ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 5:12 PM

BTW PJ......You That Guy From The Newsgroup? You Know....The one Luna Talks To Over On "Utilities"?

STORM3 ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 7:50 PM

They probably won't PJF but someone they share with or sell the information to might. This is not an attack on anyone but a general point on database ethics and business practice on the net. To my mind there seems to be little or no control and almost no accountability over how information gets passed around (moreoften sold) between net operators/companies. Indeed some apparently law abiding companies have gone well beyond sharp practice and entered the realms of what is possibly criminal activity in gathering and selling net collected information. Just look at the whole Aureate spy software scandal a few months ago, and there are others and this is merely the tip of a very large iceberg. Just a few weeks ago one of my ISP's - run by Ireland's Telecom company (Eircom)- got hacked despite the latest multiple firewall and security protection, and full information on at least 30,000 of their customer's accounts got stolen (including mine). Interestingly the hacking was aimed at the subscription customer database and not the free users. Eircom had to wipe the database and make all of their customers apply for new log-on passwords, site passwords etc. etc. as a security measure. Some of the thinking on the above is that it was a commercially paid for hack, a contract job, by another business operation. So when net business spokespersons make public assurances about their ethics and high standards please excuse me if I remain highly sceptical. I have seen too many recent examples of the opposite being true. And given the events of the last few days my scepticism has grown. (reposted this after cleaning up the typo's) STORM

PJF ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 7:59 PM

LOL, it seems my post went straight over some heads...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.