Mon, Oct 7, 10:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Applications

Welcome to the 3D Applications Forum

(Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:07 am)

Commercial & Educational Software available at the Marketplace.

Subject: 3dwin

manleystanley ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 1:28 PM · edited Sat, 28 September 2024 at 6:45 AM

I had been useing 3dwin to convert what few files Metasequioa counldn't load. the only problem I had with it is it wouldn't load wrl files it just crashed. Sent an email to the 3dwin about this and reseaved an e-mail to down load their new version. Had to uninstall to old one to install the new one. It dosen't work, keeps looking for some mv??71.dll. Has anyone else downloaded this program and got it to work[ last three days.]?

manleystanley ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 1:39 PM

oh I just got to laugh. While writing the last post, I got an e-mail. When I finished writeing I went and checked it out. An e-mail from TB soft with a zip of the lost msvcr71.dll file. Going to have to regester with these guys. Vary promt in their replies. Sent three e-mails to Metasequoia {nizmo labs?} and have yet to get a responce.

GonWaki ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 4:08 PM

Moved from Community Center Forum

pearce ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 4:39 PM

manley: use Accutrans for conversion, it's a better converter thatn 3dwin and you get to look at your model while you're converting it. Use Google to find it. m.

manleystanley ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 10:28 PM

I don't know pearce, I've had a four day e-mail back and forth thing going on with tb software. I don't recale ever having a compony work so had to fix some thing. Espesial { can't even spel good enough for the spell checker to find it} sence I haven't regestered it yet. But it dosen't do .max. Does Accutrans?

forester ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 10:24 PM

Nothing does Max except for some commercial converters (Polytrans and Deep Exploration) which have licensed connections to Max. You'll have to have Max on your system to use them, as well.

manleystanley ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 10:37 PM

Ain't that a bear. It seems that .max is number two in avalible files. I surf on a few sites for free 3d cg, mostly to tare them apart to see how they were made; I'm not going to pay for some thing I intend to brake down. I use Metasequoia and even though it does load quite a few different files some of the ones I was most curious about, and wanted to work on most were .x and .geo {planes}. So I got 3dwin. I posted this because of the problems I was having with the new version, but Tb software has sence sent me the files to fix it. They also informed me of the same thing you've just stated nothing will convert a ,max file; for now.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.