Sun, Sep 22, 3:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: AAAARRRRG! My Bryce keeps crashing in render! *Snarl*

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 5:01 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:49 AM

Sorry guys, I just had to let that out. (Man, I hope this isn't an "Innapropriate Forum" snicker I'm just so frustrated at having to reinstall all of my .mats yet again. And I've been work at getting a render on this file for days now, keeps loking up and giving me a this prog error box in windows... (89.7mb file.. puter details posted elsewhere) I've used every trick in the book, and a few I just wrote, and it still wont make it all the way to the antialiasing pass... Don't know if I really need help, just sympathy. Its been a frustrating week, with this on top of everything else. sigh I'll get it done if it kills my cpu in the process... Thanks for letting me vent. You just saved my 'puters life.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

maga ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 9:49 AM

Hi, Ironbear, I know what you feel. I had the same problem with a pic containig lots of reflection!

maddgodd ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 11:55 AM

Mine hasn't crashed yet, but I've been rendering for 3 days now and the anti-aliasing is only at 18 percent. I think it might want to crash right about now.

Sinv-jica ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 12:18 PM

sometimes I think that bryce has crashed, I even bring up the ctrl/alt/del box and it says Bryce is not responding, but behold if I leave bryce alone it is still working! I just finished making a picture with a volumetric world setting and wow! it took 24hours to render, half of that was antialasing.

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 7:52 PM

Heya Sinv-jica... I saw your C&D (was it in C&D?) post. Didn't know if you had left or not... How're you doing in all of this? Yah... I've had that one two and let it continue with no ill results... this seems to be different. In this case it's doing things like getting 2/3's of the way through a render and then giving me a win95 "This prog has performed an illegal yatayata error", crashing to the dreaded "blue screen of death" either in render or when opening large files... and other weird things. Sorry, I would have posted more details last night, but I was so fried I could barely type. I just wanted to vent & go to bed before I broke something. Nothing like wading through all the stuff here, then getting frustrated because you want to do some art and the puter is whacking on you, y'know? Thanks, one and all. If any of you have any idea what could cause this, lemme know... otherwise it looks like a re-install is the only option. sigh

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Sinv-jica ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 12:10 PM

ouch, no Idea dude, could be you are running a memory hog program as well as bryce or the thing you are rendering is sucking up what memory you have. Maybe if u can break the picture up into multiple renders and then throw it together in photoshop. for example render the background seperate from the foreground, if u render the foreground render it against a green or blue screen, then bring the 2 pictures together in Photoshop. I have not left Renderosity just yet, If I find a forum with as many people and with the ability to show my work then yeah I'll leave, but for now I'll stay around and see what the fallout looks like. I have only heard one side of the story so I cannot base a decision on just that. Regards Sinv-jica/Spooky

Stardust1234 ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 3:14 PM

A few months ago I posted a similar message and got laughed at. No-one had ever experienced a 'Bryce-Crash'on their pc. It's nice to see that at least I'm not the only one! In my case I'd created a scene in bryce (which was only 40 megs or so) and it crashed within a few minutes after I had pushed the Render button... Thank God I found the cause, after fooling around for a couple of days. I had created a model in rhinoceros and saved it as a obj file, then imported it into Bryce. That's when things went wrong. So I went back to Rhino and saved the model this time as a 3DS-file. And It worked, Bryce didn't crash anymore! Now I don't know who to blame here: Bryce or Rhino ( I think rhino cause I I've imported many Poser models in obj format into Bryce without a problem) So if your scene has some imported models in it, maybe convert them to another format (3DS,DXF etc.) Oh and by the way Sinv-jica /Spooky: Although we had our differences about the whole Rating/Comment thing some time ago , let's put it all behind us and look forward. It's nice to see you back and I realy enjoyed your new work in the gallery-section...nice job!

Ironbear ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 6:08 PM

Hmmmm... Thats a posibility, not Rhino, but one of the Poser figs I'm using had errors loading into poser4. A corrupted .obj file could do this. Yeah, I remember the post you made Stardust, I didn't laugh did I? If so I truly apologise. No problem Sinv, as I said, I was too tired to explain fully on the first one. I have previous saves, I'm going back to one of those and trying the mask render and composite thing. Thanks. You have some new images? Cool. I saw some of yours and like em, dont recall if I commented or not. It's been insane around here. Makes you long for the simple days when ratings were the worst things we had to argue about...

• Monkeysmell

Stardust1234 ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 6:30 PM

You're right iron...It's been insane around here for the couple of past days...received allot of strange emails about the renderosity-issue from "fellow artists" who tried to convince me that I had to leave renderosity....well, I'm still here!

Ironbear ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 6:40 PM

Heh heh... We better watch it. This may not be "The Appropriate Forum" (Don't tell FT we're discussing this, kay?), we wouldn't want to get tried and shot fer innappropriate posts, eh? (Tongue so firmly in cheek it hurts)

• Monkeysmell

Henged ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 3:57 PM

Same fucking problem for me, my bryce always crashes when i got big scene+many reflections+i import objects from cinema 4D, this cant be fixed, because it crashes not in particular point of render, but sometime in 15% while other in 40% so i think this is problem in program memory reading or somethink like that.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.