Sun, Oct 6, 1:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: APO gone weird?

QuietRiot ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 6:42 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 11:19 AM

file_102709.jpg

I play with the original apophysis a lot because it seems I can get better results sometimes. Last night I came across something I have never seen. I took a screen shot in case any of you have encounteret it. The white box is around a little green circle. Three triangles and that weird little circle. I didn't have time to fool with it to see what it does, but I did save the file. So, if I fool with it, will my computer blow up? *grins* Miriah

Rykk ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 9:30 AM

Hi Miriah - I'm not sure, but I think the little green circle is a 4th triangle that has its three control points all at the same, or VERY close to the same locations. I've seen random .fla's that have had a triangle with them really super close before, but usually its something I do manually to minimize the areas of the flame that the triangle affects down to a small dot in the flame to get rid of them without losing the contribution it makes to the overall "flavor" of the image. Just a guess... Maybe click on it and see if it has its own set of parameters?

Cyble13 ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 10:04 AM

LMAO!!! Yep,its a fourth transform!See in the screenshot where it sez Transform 4 under the preview window? Rykk,I never thought to make an extra transform a dot if it messed up the big picture.Learn something new every day! Spanks! :)

Rykk ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 11:09 AM

LOL!! Duh! I was so focused on looking at the 4th triangle and going "ooh ooh, I know I know"! that I never even looked at the transform sidebar! Man, its a wonder I can even spot a shrimp swimming under the bridge as observent as I am NOT! lol. Nice catch, Ally! :>)

QuietRiot ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 6:19 AM

I discovered the fun of playing with the "dots" and what they actually were last night. I have one that does absolutely nothing. You can expand it into a full triangle, move it all around, and it seems to have no function other than to be there to drive me crazy. it's great therapy after a long day! One of these days I'll actually create something I think is worth posting. Thank you for the info, and the learning experience! Miriah

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.