Mon, Oct 7, 12:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 07 9:52 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: zip tutorials

manleystanley ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 8:06 AM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 12:29 PM

Has anyone thought of zip fileing the tutorials? Some times I have to read over thing 3 or 4 times; and still not get it. So I save the tutorials page by page. Haveing them in downloadable zip files would be nice.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 8:11 AM

Why not just print them out? There is a link there "Printer Friendly".... Personally I find it much easier to be able to read a piece of paper layed out in front of me as I follow along, than try to go back and forth between a program and the tut...on the screen.

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

manleystanley ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 8:16 AM

As much as I'd love to, ink cartreges cost almost as much as the printer; so they havn't been replaced in a while. I've cheecked out a couple of cheep ink places but they want you to order online ans I do not use my credit card online.

pearce ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 11:52 AM

Cheap cartridges screw up your printer -- don't use them. You could save the pages as HTML documents (use `save page' in the file menu), then you would not have to be online to read them. I do that sometimes with very long threads in the forums that I want to read through. Then you can open the docs at the same time as the application you're using, and cross-check that way (if you are using Windows, that is). m ;)

manleystanley ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 12:01 PM

Ya, thats what I do, but it takes awhile. Espesialy when you've stepped in something deep on a different forum and a stedaly getting e-mail. I think that the cost of ink cartreges {and another E-mail} has gotten way out of hand. At present I just don't have the $70 to spare for new ones.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 12:32 PM

I have a canon prniter and use the cheap $9 inks ( thats $9 Canadian so like 12 cents USD or somehting) and I have never had a problem with my printer. Just throuwing in my 2 pennies (CAN) death :)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

manleystanley ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 12:36 PM

ya, Well I've got this epson who ink is like blood, the wrong type will killit. A

joffry ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 2:08 PM

why can't you just click on "printer friendly", and then save. then you can view on your own computer offline whenever you want, or zip it, rar it. It's easy, I do it all the time. If you have adobe acrobat, you can even "convert to pdf.

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 5:10 PM

Attached Link: http://www.pdf995.com/

I like to use PDF995 to "print" to a PDF file. You can pay for a license, or use it as adware that takes your web browser to an add page whenever you send something to it.

pearce ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 7:28 PM

We've got two Epson printers. One (less than 12 months old) has had crap cartridges and suffers blocked nozzles; the other, 3 years old, has only had Epson ink and has never gone wrong. Go figure :) m.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 12:57 AM

You can also purchase ink cartridge refill kits..I know I usually buy one color cartridge, {$37.00 US, and one black cartridge $18.99 US} and also a refill kit {$20.00}..when the black cartridge runs out, I just keep refilling the color one..and if the nozzels get clogged, just use a cutip or paper towel with alcohol on it to wipe the nozzels off..let dry, and its all better...at least for a few more refills ;)

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.