Mon, Oct 7, 11:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: My Current Demo Reel

brainmuffin ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 12:54 PM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 11:49 PM

Attached Link: http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1qub6/portfolio/id11.html

You can find my current character reel at the above link. Most of it is older stuff, (Haven't had much time to animate in the past few months) but the guy diving behind the crates is from last month. All of it was done in poser, including the torch at the end, which I included just because it was the coolest looking fire effect I've done in poser so far... If you've been to my other site, and seen the pilot script for the Dungeoneers, I'll let you know that it's been put on hold for now, because I don't think I'll find any help for free, and I really can't animate it all by myself. The project isn't dead, though. I've contacted The Brobdingnagian Bards to do the theme song, and they said they'd be willing to do so once the project moves further along, and I'm in contact with a talented young writer to see if he'll help finish the script. Then, If those two things come together, I'll most likely put together a promo reel and start sending it out to networks, to at least generate some interest (and maybe some funding) before I go into production. Currently I'm also in the pre-production phase for two short animations that will be posted on TriggerStreet.com when they're done.

farang ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 6:37 AM

I like the lighting as it was done in the horse scene.

PowerRoy ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 9:09 AM

Hiya Brainmuffin ... ... and thanks! ... for sharing your demo reel! Very nice work -- looks like you've been studying some character animation concepts! I think I liked the little green guy the best -- very nice job on his movements. Very good job on the horse, too (that's gotta be tough -- I haven't tried any 4-legged critters yet!). The ninja / fighting scenes were good, too. All in all, you've got some very nice pieces strung together there. Thanks again, very much, for sharing them. You didn't ask for crits, so I won't offer any, but I will make one small suggestion ... ... consider putting some background music on your reel. Anything. It's just a personal preference of my own, but for me, video or animation without sound somehow just seems ... incomplete. I find that a music track helps "glue together" all those bits and pieces in a project like this. But, that is only my own personal opinion -- you've got some great stuff going there, so, above all ... think for yourself, and do what YOU think works best! Again, great job, man -- very, very nice work! And keep us posted as you make more!

brainmuffin ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 6:54 PM

Thanks Roy. I'm going to add some music. I rushed the reel together for a job application, and I didn't have enough room on my site for the reel with music. But I've since purchased more room, and I'm going to reload it with music, probably this week. If you or anyone else wants to offer critique, I'd be happy to hear it. I'll start: when the goblin does his backflip, his center of gravity is his hip. It shouldn't be, but at the time I didn't know how to change it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.